[Mudlet] Geyser labels

KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
Hi, I've got a Geyser label I'm trying to use to list some information which gets updated. I want to use a label so I can put a border round it.

I tried using echo and cecho to write to the label, and that doesn't seem to work. Looking through the wiki, I can use labelname:echo("blah"), but that doesn't seem to be working.

Haaaalp! (Mudlet 2.1)

Code:
funkyLabel = Geyser.Label:new({
name = "funkyLabel",
x = 100, y = 100,
height = 200, width = 100,
color = "LawnGreen",
message = "Label created"
})
funkyLabel:setStyleSheet([[
qproperty-wordWrap: true;
background-color: black;
border-width: 2px;
border-color: #005c28;
border-style: groove;
border-radius: 2;
]])
funkyLabel:setFontSize(11)
function flEcho(myEcho)
print("running") --debug
funkyLabel:echo(myEcho,"yellow")
print("still running") --debug
end

Is it possible? If not, how can I put a border around a standard container so i can use echo / cecho?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

Best Answer

Answers

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    NVM, sorted it. When you create lots and lots of Geyser windows, sometimes they get confuzzled. Restarting profile seems to have done the trick, now I just need to work out how to colour different lines within the same label differently...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited November 2014
    Assuming you use my tracking still,  look under odisplay for how I do different color lines. Ignore the init () function.  Just use the refreshAffs () one.

Assuming I understand the problem. .
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited November 2014
    Austere said:
    Assuming you use my tracking still,  look under odisplay for how I do different color lines. Ignore the init () function.  Just use the refreshAffs () one.

Assuming I understand the problem. .

@Austere‌, you're using a miniconsole, i wanted to convert it to a Geyser label so I could have a border around it. Couldn't get it to work cleanly, so have instead created a label with a border slightly larger that then aff_display window you have, so best of both worlds (bit clunky, but achieves what I want for now).

Love your aff tracker, by the way, although I've heavily modded it for my own use now :D

• Oh.  I had no idea,  I just knew it was geyser and that it took me hours to hack together reading the docs, which is why I have the init () function. I am a display noob. I still manually setup my map on login. ..