New artefacts!

Comments

• I think what is trying to be said in kind of a terrible way is... there's a market for this stuff. You just aren't that market. And that's okay.

• I dunno where earning it IC even came into this, I was just pointing out that @Azelay‌'s analogy didn't really apply
  • edited October 2014

I mean, if someone offered me most of those artefacts for 75% off I'd probably say no thank you, and I have credits I don't know what to do with.

• Ernam said:

I mean, if someone offered me most of those artefacts for 75% off I'd probably say no thank you, and I have credits I don't know what to do with.

Donate to the needy

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Ernam said:

Donate to the needyAlaskar
    FTFY

• Ernam said:

Sell them and buy me some speed rapiers please
    ~Kresslack's obsession~

• I got two 235s on my Paladin testing alt for like 15k and 20k.  That's more than enough.
  • On the Mickey artie, if they don't have to wish for them, regardless of gold, it's be worth it to me. The amount of times I go into a fight thinking I have a Mickey, or run out mid-fight then go have to wish for more is a pain in the ass. Although reading over again, it doesn't seem like it gets rid of having to WISH FOR, just the price. 

Change it and make it get rid of the wish for command and the price, then it'd be worth 500cr.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited October 2014
    Tecton was promoted this year. Why? Because he made Achaea a lot of money. There comes a point when you stop looking at new and shiny things IC as anything beyond obvious attempts to boost the profitability of a game. I mean there are only so many things that can be created (or should be). When we're talking about not-so-game changing artefacts that shave 1.5 seconds off of something or add 2 seconds more of something (and cost close to $200) I think I'm there.

Not excited about these new arties, even though I've always wanted something like the wax stick (it's rumoured shaman won't even have runelore soon so whatevs). Just traded in my swiftcurse pendant too because F an extra 2 curses when the eq costs are now so low. P.s. Still waiting on a grotesque pike instead of the gilded. That shiny ass thing is killing Bluef's shaman feng shui.
  • Bluef said:
    Tecton was promoted this year. Why? Because he made Achaea a lot of money. There comes a point when you stop looking at new and shiny things IC as anything beyond obvious attempts to boost the profitability of a game. I mean there are only so many things that can be created (or should be). When we're talking about not-so-game changing artefacts that shave 1.5 seconds off of something or add 2 seconds more of something (and cost close to $200) I think I'm there.

Not excited about these new arties, even though I've always wanted something like the wax stick (it's rumoured shaman won't even have runelore soon so whatevs). Just traded in my swiftcurse pendant too because F an extra 2 curses when the eq costs are now so low. P.s. Still waiting on a grotesque pike instead of the gilded. That shiny ass thing is killing Bluef's shaman feng shui.

• Antonius said:

Does Incinerate currently restore Sunlight for Druids? If not, doesn't really make sense to have an artefact that increases something they don't have.

Also not sure if the mechanics on Absolve had changed, but I believe there used to be (and possibly still is) an additional ability they had to use on the target in order to actually receive Devotion back when Absolving. Changing the Cincture of the Devoted to be Damnation or Absolve would make it useful for both Paladin and Priest, though.
    To my knowledge, Incinerate does not restore anything. I'm also going by the verbiage on the artefacts, implying that Vivisect, Damnation, and Unravel already restored their resources (I know Unravel did), but that Heartseed does not without the artefact (restores additional ... vs. restores sunlight energy ...)

I was also picking instakills off the top of my head, admittedly, trying to think why one class with this pool gets a restoration artefact while another with the same pool doesn't. If I am just misinformed about details like whether Heartseed already restored Sunlight on kill, then that explains it.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • edited October 2014
    Aegoth said:
    yea, just seems a bad direction to take, especially since magi can't counter runes at all now. Eihwaz everywhere
    Eihwaz (Runelore)                             Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            SKETCH EIHWAZ ON GROUND
                       SKETCH EIHWAZ ON <weapon>

Extra Information: Inks: 1 Blue
                       1 Yellow

Symbol: Yew

Works on/against:  Adventurers

Details:
    When sketched upon the ground, this rune will dampen non-protected crystalline vibrations.

When sketched upon a weapon, this rune will randomly mask the effects of venoms delivered by the weapon. To sketch it upon a weapon requires the weapon to be a RUNEBLADE.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• It's basically a cube sigil rune.

Should only be a problem if you don't use Reverberation or you embedded it early and drop retardation. Or if there is a bard involved also. Screw bards.

Does it work on harmonics? If not, why not?
  • Ernam said:

Water countering runes is not a "design problem", it's a design feature.  Using terrain is one of the things that makes combat interesting, and if it's really that big if a deal for you, perhaps you should try using Barge, or simply don't fight on it.

If anything, it's a 500cr counter to a 500cr artefact (Sceptre), that very few people have, because in all other cases, water is relatively sparse.

A 500cr artifact for runelore that lets you sketch runes on water...

In my opinion, it's a petty artifact for a mechanic that's fundamentally broken. Magi and owners of the Sceptre of Mastery both are able, with one ability (flood) are able to immediately shut down an entire skillset, leaving the Runewarden able to only use chivalry.

Ernam said:
    @Naisar

The point is, there are counters to fighting in water, and they're built into the class skills already.  Furthemore, runes are in no way necessary for combat, just as fighting on full rites is in no way necessary for priest/paladin combat.  In fact, I am almost never provided the opportunity to drop all rites, or even any, in combat.

Movement/location/terrain is all a part of combat.  I absolutely understand that it can be frustrating when used against you, but you can also find ways to use it to your advantage.

Lastly, I think that aside from lyre, water rooms are one of the only things that make fighting Runewardens even possible, because of the massive damage output of thurisaz/hugalaz/lunge/engage/sensitivity/DSL.  I can't even tank it spamming hands/shield/rebounding, without lyring or running away.

I think you'll find if you're willing to stop leaning on thurisaz, people will be be far more willing to fight outside of water.  Otherwise, you're forcing your opponents to use that counter, as it's honestly one of the only good ways to do it.

PS: There's also now a relatively cheap artie that lets you ignore this balancing feature, so honestly, you should be pumped.  It's a massive hit to many classes who have no other way to counter Runie damage stacks, and is probably going to force a lot more lyring, which is a much bigger problem for runie than water.

Are you serious? Counters for fighting in water? What, barge? Icewalls stop that. Oh, theres counters to ice walls? It's combat, but there's a counter to everything... except flood... 

And it's a design mechanic. I am -really- against having to pay for a fix a broken mechanic. In return, for magi, there's now zero counter to stop runes.

As for stopping leaning on Thurisaz, I hate to say it man, but when a disembowel kill is all a runewarden has, and disembowel realistically deals 50% (considering most modern SLC's cure torso automatically), we have to preemptively strike with Thurisaz x3 and a Hugalaz in order to have a chance to damage out anyone.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    To be honest, I never really felt runes were necessary against Magi; Retardation is already a scary place to fight a Runewarden, even without runes. I fretted more about those who owns a Staff of Aqueous Mastery, or anyone who would automatically walk to a water room and just refuse to leave it, who would then fight me without my third skill without taking Magi's obvious risks in Retardation. This artefact is more valuable against those people than against Magi.

Plus, Magi are complaining about Eihwaz. Really, they should be complaining about Isaz.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Speaking as a Serpent player...Meh. :|

• Daeir said:
    Or the hunger rune, even. That insidious bastard has won so many rampages that it's not even funny.
    Shut up, don't expose my tactic. 

@Ernam‌ straight up quits my Rampages now. 

-Albert Einstein

• Do you really? That's so gay.
  • Are there any numbers for the WP/karma/essence recovery items?

Beyond that, screw the haters. I could get a kaleidoscopic crown, which could finally make me the prettiest princess.

Everything else is kind of meh, but PRETTIEST PRINCESS.

• Aelios said:
    Daeir said:
    Or the hunger rune, even. That insidious bastard has won so many rampages that it's not even funny.
    Shut up, don't expose my tactic. 

@Ernam‌ straight up quits my Rampages now. 

To buy food and come back to slap a ho.

• Aelios sketched nauthiz in every room when Eleusis came into their rampage and won it, so we all ganked him for trying to starve us out.
  • Uh, except for artifacts that unlock entirely new abilities, there is an alternative to these artifacts: spending your credits/cash/gold on literally anything else, everything else in the game is an alternative.
  • edited November 2014
    Azelay said:
    Uh, except for artifacts that unlock entirely new abilities, there is an alternative to these artifacts: spending your credits/cash/gold on literally anything else, everything else in the game is an alternative.
    I don't think you're understanding the logic here.

For the food category: you can have McDonalds, or you can have something else.

For the category "things that allow me to sketch runes in water": there is no caviar version or cheeseburger version, there's just the wax mithril stick thing. There is no alternative. If you want to sketch runes in water, you'll take the wax mithril stick thing. If you are super rich and you have sometimes thought 'I'd like to sketch runes in the water', you'll buy the artefact that does that.

You're not not super rich because you're eating McDonalds, you're not super rich because you're eating McDonalds when you could be eating something richer.
  • edited November 2014

Kafziel
     said:

For the category "things that allow me to sketch runes in water": there is no caviar version or cheeseburger version, there's just the wax mithril stick thing. There is no alternative. If you want to sketch runes in water, you'll take the wax mithril stick thing. If you are super rich and you have sometimes thought 'I'd like to sketch runes in the water', you'll buy the artefact that does that.

@Kafziel There are several methods for Runewardens to force people out of water, and Shamans don't need in-room ground runes (although adjacent wunjo/nairat is pretty vital), but also have multiple ways to force people to move (or directly summon them).

The wax stick is a laziness/convenience artie that eliminates one of the only counters to some insanely powerful moves that were originally intended to have ways to be avoided.  This is the reason that every arena in the game has water rooms.  For 500cr, you can now ignore this, and continue to hunger/thurisaz spam people to death, employing zero skill, effort, or creativity.

• Typical.