Achaea client Windows Phone 8.1

Am I the only windows phone (8.1) user that wishes to play Achaea on their phone?  The WPMud client has adds that can not be removed and the RC MUD Client is pretty bad.   Achaea client is badly needed for Windows Phone 8.1.

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Have you tried the html5 client? http://client.achaea.com? It -should- work in the latest versions of mobile IE (but I'm not positive).
  • It worked for me with Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8.1. Achaea on a mobile device has always been a little wonky for my taste (unless you just log on to chat), but I haven't tried any of the mobile MUD clients either. Have a feeling based on OP's comments I'm not missing anything.

Now what I would like to see is an Achaea app for Windows Phone (interfaces with and provide alerts for things like messages, news, and org logs), but I won't hijack the thread.  :)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Does blowtorch work for a windows phone? If so, it's a decent alternative (especially with server side curing) because there isn't a gui and you can pretty easily create buttons by touching and holding a spot on the screen. You can also program the buttons to switch to a different set of buttons.

html5 client isn't a bad option either, but it displays a bit wonky on my mobile. I only use it in landscape mode because it's a nvidia shield, not a phone
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I tried the web client and it works ok even on my little 4 inch Lumia 520 I manage just fine. I have used blowtorch on various android phones as well as on a BlackBerry Q10 that app would be nice for WP 8.1.  Over the years I have connected to muds via blackberry curve devices so until I pick up my Lumia 1520 on Monday I can live with the 4 inch screen + html client.  I am thinking the html client on the 6 inch screen should be a little better.  WPMUD client has an add that can't be removed or I would have stuck to that.   Thanks for the suggestion to try the html client it will be my go to on my phone until wp8.1 gets a decent mud client.
  • How the hell do you play Achaea on your phone D: I can barely type fast enough on a keyboard
  • CynderCynder Where the Red Pandas roam.
    I got Cynders to level 50 on my phone through Blow Torch while I was away but every day or so the thing would crash and I'd have to remake every keybinding.

It's also rumor that @Orzaansyn got to Logosian before all this server-side stuff and that alone is a bigger feat than I can imagine.

Relevant to topic: Use Blowtorch! It's a great option! (Android sucks with everything so probably why it never worked great for me)

Achaea.com
    Port:23
  • I indeed went Logosian before server side curing.

Now there is server side, I can even fight.
  • I've logged in a few times on my phone. It is not that bad, but it also depends on your typing speeds. And yes I do have a windows 8.1 phone and it works just fine for Windows Explorer. Make sure all of your updates are update on your phone and your firmware version is also update. 

@Orzaansyn is a little monster from her phone now days :P