Ask your Producer: October 2014

Comments

• Fight Spawn, get Power, ???, Profit. got it.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Dakus said:
    Any specifics on the changes in the new Rapture engine?
    Support for 256 colours, as well as a few behind-the scenes storage updates.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2014
    Tecton said:
    Amarillys said:
    How do I return Seleucar to a seat of power and reign in it for all my days as ruler of the land, sky, and seas?
    The Spawn is currently keeping that throne warm, you'll have to fight him for it.
    Speaking of the Spawn, any plans to make this quest actually doable again at any point, whether magically or through some interesting roleplay event?

Where the bloody hell is this mask maker? Or is he/she able to be gotten to at the moment?

If you could pick any roleplay event that you've personally witnessed, helped or been apart of (whether as a God or as a player), which would be your favorite? If you choose Bal'met (no one could blame you), what would be your other favorite?

Cats or dogs?

A huge frustration in the clothing world of Achaea is a) Not being able to have clothes listed in an exact order (most people do from head to toe) without removing/dropping/getting/rewearing aliases, which are annoying, and b) Not being able to cover some things up via other clothing, like robes or cloaks. Could either of these be possible changes in the future, and are these ideas already on the books, or should they be suggested via IDEA?

A long time back you talked about an artefact overhaul. I can't recall if it actually ever happened (I want to say no, but not sure), but you mentioned one of the possible options would be ways to either combine artefacts together (without spending 700~ credits per artefact), and/or somehow lessen the amount of artefacts needing to be worn and thus lengthening descriptions to a horrendous amount (or as Aerek charmingly calls it, being a walking billboard for Merentesh). Are there still plans to make either options possible? If not, would you be willing to consider it, and what would need to be done, and how lengthy would the process be you think?

Any plans for Halloween?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Melodie said:
    Tecton said:
    Amarillys said:
    How do I return Seleucar to a seat of power and reign in it for all my days as ruler of the land, sky, and seas?
    The Spawn is currently keeping that throne warm, you'll have to fight him for it.
    Speaking of the Spawn, any plans to make this quest actually doable again at any point, whether magically or through some interesting roleplay event?

Where the bloody hell is this mask maker? Or is he/she able to be gotten to at the moment?

If you could pick any roleplay event that you've personally witnessed, helped or been apart of (whether as a God or as a player), which would be your favorite? If you choose Bal'met (no one could blame you), what would be your other favorite?

Cats or dogs?

A huge frustration in the clothing world of Achaea is a) Not being able to have clothes listed in an exact order (most people do from head to toe) without removing/dropping/getting/rewearing aliases, which are annoying, and b) Not being able to cover some things up via other clothing, like robes or cloaks. Could either of these be possible changes in the future, and are these ideas already on the books, or should they be suggested via IDEA?

A long time back you talked about an artefact overhaul. I can't recall if it actually ever happened (I want to say no, but not sure), but you mentioned one of the possible options would be ways to either combine artefacts together (without spending 700~ credits per artefact), and/or somehow lessen the amount of artefacts needing to be worn and thus lengthening descriptions to a horrendous amount (or as Aerek charmingly calls it, being a walking billboard for Merentesh). Are there still plans to make either options possible? If not, would you be willing to consider it, and what would need to be done, and how lengthy would the process be you think?

Any plans for Halloween?
    1) You might see the Spawn again in the future, if you're lucky!
    2) She's busy preparing for the festivities, so no, isn't somewhere that you can find her.
    3) Hrrm, eternal night was a lot of fun, was one of the first "big" events that I helped run behind the scenes, so it has a special place in my heart.
    4) A barn cat.
    5) It's a lot of superfluous processing to sort everything out every time someone looks at you, but I'd like to make things a little more user-friendly in that regard. I'd say file an IDEA, and we'll see what we can do.
    6) We changed a lot of the backend in the overhaul, allowing for a lot of things that you used to have to email over (upgrades, customisations etc.) to be handled in-game. We didn't end up doing the artefacts as investible powers, no, as there were some other aspects (non-technical ones) that we felt didn't mesh well.
    7) The same thing we do every night, Pinky.
  • Are you guys still in contact with Jay (Clem) and if so, how's he doing?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Any numbers on how many guides you currently have on, how many you generally need when you put out a call, how many apply and how many you accept?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • edited October 2014
    When do you think the next Bal'met-level event would be happening? (In terms of detail, planning, storyline, length etc)
     :D

Suladan said:
    Any numbers on how many guides you currently have on, how many you generally need when you put out a call, how many apply and how many you accept?
    No fixed numbers of how many we keep on the books, we keep hiring until we have good coverage across the timezones. 

Cynlael said:
    When do you think the next Bal'met-level event would be happening? (In terms of detail, planning, storyline, length etc)
    Soon!
  • Tecton said:

Cynlael said:
    Soon!
    ... Although i doubt this would raise my hope to go for demigod status. :p oh well...

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • What class do you think is best for support?

Any chance more support skills will be involved, so non-comms can still participate in combat/defense?

What do you feel is the weakness of a text game vs. a graphic game?

What class, when everything is done, do you think will be the most fun for people who want non-combat utility?

What's your favorite color?

Do you guys draw any inspiration from table top games? Is that why you don't have a grapple system?

Sorry for the barrage, I'm trying to think of everything I want to ask before time runs out!

• What do you think the Achaea has in strengths vs. the other IRE games? What do you think you could learn from other IRE games?

What is your favorite insta-kill style wise? What's your favorite insta-kill mechanics wise?

Pie or Cake?

Is there any plans to release bashing areas for dragons, something that might require them to team up to beat?

There was a post earlier about PvP in which it was mentioned that people who participated in the fights will be able to get xp. Can you expand on that? Does it effect people in party?

Um... okay, I'll stop bothering you now.

Amarillys said:
    What class do you think is best for support?

Any chance more support skills will be involved, so non-comms can still participate in combat/defense?

What do you feel is the weakness of a text game vs. a graphic game?

What class, when everything is done, do you think will be the most fun for people who want non-combat utility?

What's your favorite color?

Do you guys draw any inspiration from table top games? Is that why you don't have a grapple system?

Sorry for the barrage, I'm trying to think of everything I want to ask before time runs out!
    1) Hrrm, tough one! I'd probably say Sylvans would be up near the top.
    2) There will be some more "support" abilities added to the game, yes!
    3) Accessibility is the biggest one, people see a massive wall of text and *insert "nope" gif here*
    4) Hopefully there is a wide array to chose from if that's your intention!
    5) Blue.
    6) Not really, we try to stay away from standard rpg systems as much as possible.
    7) No probs!

Amarillys said:
    What do you think the Achaea has in strengths vs. the other IRE games? What do you think you could learn from other IRE games?

What is your favorite insta-kill style wise? What's your favorite insta-kill mechanics wise?

Pie or Cake?

Is there any plans to release bashing areas for dragons, something that might require them to team up to beat?

There was a post earlier about PvP in which it was mentioned that people who participated in the fights will be able to get xp. Can you expand on that? Does it effect people in party?

Um... okay, I'll stop bothering you now.
    1) Achaea has a much more in-depth history, and it has a great player base (quality and quantity) that really excels at bringing the storylines to life. From other games.. we chat pretty frequently, so we're always sharing what's new and exciting on each of our games! 
    2) Vivisect all the way!
    3) Why not both? *insert old el paso image meme here*
    4) Indeed, we've added a lot of new and interesting new denizen mechanics that we can't wait to unleash upon you guys!
    5) Will most likely just involve people who took an offensive hand in the events that lead to the death of the adventurer, so it won't matter if you're in a party or not.
  • So just an offensive hand, not a priest sitting by healing teammates or... I'm sure other classes can do supporty stuff that doesn't involve attacking someone, but I honestly do not know.

• Men's ponytails. Great fashion or the greatest fashion?
  • Amarillys said:
    So just an offensive hand, not a priest sitting by healing teammates or... I'm sure other classes can do supporty stuff that doesn't involve attacking someone, but I honestly do not know.
    Correct.  I believe the way we discussed it earlier is you would need to have dealt damage or an affliction in the five seconds before the person died.  So parties would be irrelevant.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Yes, or no?
  • Oh! One last question before time runs out!

Any intent to create more ranged combat or is the idea 'go buy an arte bow if your class doesn't give it to you'?

Also, what are your thoughts on range combat? I saw a lot of people complaining about it over there -------->

• With the changes to bashing on the horizon and the increased duration of each individual fight will we see ain increase in the droprate of talisman pieces along with the upkick in experience and gold per kill to balance things out? Or am I going to hand to spend eternity in island heel looking for these last 3 god damn purple feathers that are rarer than the rare blavk feathers...
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Tecton:

You have been promoted to a full member of the Blood Congregation!

You will now be known as Deaconess Melodie, by order of Rectoress Saeva Aristata.

You have failed in your task, Tecton. How does that make you feel?!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Quick one... Dwarf King... when?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    10/10, would buy Trey's bastard swords.
    Daslin said:
    Yes, or no?
    <Lorielan>No.</Lorielan>

Amarillys said:
    Oh! One last question before time runs out!

Any intent to create more ranged combat or is the idea 'go buy an arte bow if your class doesn't give it to you'?

Also, what are your thoughts on range combat? I saw a lot of people complaining about it over there -------->
    Not really looking at adding more ranged to existing classes, no. We've been trying to scale back on ranged attacks to make group fights more exciting than sit at max range and do <x>.

Kinilan said:
    With the changes to bashing on the horizon and the increased duration of each individual fight will we see ain increase in the droprate of talisman pieces along with the upkick in experience and gold per kill to balance things out? Or am I going to hand to spend eternity in island heel looking for these last 3 god damn purple feathers that are rarer than the rare blavk feathers...
    Everything should scale to compensate.
    Melodie said:
    @Tecton:

You have been promoted to a full member of the Blood Congregation!

You will now be known as Deaconess Melodie, by order of Rectoress Saeva Aristata.

You have failed in your task, Tecton. How does that make you feel?!
    You turn Melodie into a small, but lovely, shrubbery.
This discussion has been closed.