Ask your Producer: October 2014

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Aelios said:
    Are ACC applications going to open again soon?
    Soon-ish, probably in the next couple of months.
    Aodfionn said:
    Runies and Serps are 1/4 of the Playerbase. Holy crap. 

Is there a way to suggest or try to get things added to in-game lore and history, such as work done on racial history?
    Sure is - email rp@achaea.com and we'll take a look!

Aelios said:
    Any estimation of when knight changes are set to go live on the Main server? (Need to figure out when to wholesale my shop's inventory. :frowning:  )
    Not that I can share at this time. We'll try to give as much of a heads-up as possible
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    What'll happen to all of those knights running around with soulpiercers? Will those be able to be traded for equal-price artefact weapons of other types?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:
    What'll happen to all of those knights running around with soulpiercers? Will those be able to be traded for equal-price artefact weapons of other types?
    Yep, knights will be able to do a direct swap of their knight weapons to another knight weapon.
  • I have sort of way to many questions, probably, so I will start out with... I became an alchemist almost exclusively for transmutation and then learned about two days later they were getting that stripped from them. I think it's a brilliant idea, but is there any way to get the lessons back I spent in the class without losing half of them? I understand if not.

Amarillys said:
    I have sort of way to many questions, probably, so I will start out with... I became an alchemist almost exclusively for transmutation and then learned about two days later they were getting that stripped from them. I think it's a brilliant idea, but is there any way to get the lessons back I spent in the class without losing half of them? I understand if not.
    No plans to offer free class changes or lesson reimbursements, I'm afraid - though the third skill (which pretty much done) is a huge amount of fun, so I wouldn't discount the class just yet. You've also got time to take advantage of those lessons to make some gold to compensate you for any lessons you lose if you decide to change classes after it's live.
  • I knew you'd say something like that :P I'll get on it. Next question, I read that forestals classes would be permitted to join cities. Is that true? And if so... I <3 you for life.

• What was your worst experience in Achaea to date?
    Amarillys said:
    I knew you'd say something like that :P I'll get on it. Next question, I read that forestals classes would be permitted to join cities. Is that true? And if so... I <3 you for life.
    No plans for that at the moment, no.
  • Can we see a snippet of the fabled weather code?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Azatlan: Discuss.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Kashar: Discuss.

Eld said:
    Klendathu said:
    Kashar: Discuss.

See previous answer.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    So wait. This is the weather code? 

4aiuo;ehrfaioe;hfvaoeifioawhfowesdtrfhujiopkoijhugytfdfghjkolplkjhgvyctfdrxesdtgyhuinjmokkminjdcresdrcgfvhnjkolpkoijuytrdes4rt56789okmncf dxesr456789oklm nbhcfdxzsawe4r568790-[p;lkjhgfdcxsaAERTY7UIOKLMNB VGCFDXSER4567890OPL,M BNGVCFDRT5678U9IOPKLNBVC XDSs

I can see why it's a headache.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Out of curiosity, I know it's been hinted at before but I'm wondering about the timeline - 'ship overhaul' is in the near future, but does that include more incentives for people to actually be sailing? Oceanic activity, more islands, perhaps a bit of love given to the the trade system (more trading ports, a wider array of rewards offered for trading, etc)?

• Taraus said:
    Out of curiosity, I know it's been hinted at before but I'm wondering about the timeline - 'ship overhaul' is in the near future, but does that include more incentives for people to actually be sailing? Oceanic activity, more islands, perhaps a bit of love given to the the trade system (more trading ports, a wider array of rewards offered for trading, etc)?
    Don't ask! You know asking about this will only lead to heartbreak!
  • Willing to share some server population data?

Some interesting things would be:

- Population throughout various times of day
    - Population throughout days of the week
    - Population throughout different seasons
    - Population trends over the last 5 years(or however long)

edited October 2014
    Santar said:
    Willing to share some server population data?

Some interesting things would be:

- Population throughout various times of day
    - Population throughout days of the week
    - Population throughout different seasons
    - Population trends over the last 5 years(or however long)
    No data, but I'll give you some insights:
    - Busiest times are 1700 GMT - 0700 GMT, with a peak about 0200 - 0300.
    - Most days are pretty equal, weekends are a little higher, but not significantly.
    - Higher in summer, usually a little slower in May and September when people have finals/are going back to school
    - Pretty steady over the past few years.
  • As for Runelore classes, it's been hinted that Runelore counts as a Trade skill.  If that's so (and since Shaman is apparently losing Runelore and getting something else), are Runewardens going to be Runewardens after the Trade skill exodus?  Or are they going to become something different/new?
  • Any plans on making Dex more useful/desirable for more classes?
    edited October 2014
    Bukariin said:
    As for Runelore classes, it's been hinted that Runelore counts as a Trade skill.  If that's so (and since Shaman is apparently losing Runelore and getting something else), are Runewardens going to be Runewardens after the Trade skill exodus?  Or are they going to become something different/new?
    Runelore won't be a tradeskill, no.

Nim said:
    Any plans on making Dex more useful/desirable for more classes?
    Yeah, the eventual goal is to have all of the classes have a primary stat that they should focus on.
  • What are all the skills considered trade skills?

This discussion has been closed.