"Kill Your Darlings"

2»

Comments

• @Taraza chopped off my hand. No regrets
  • Taraza's and @Aegoth's mentor/protege relationship has been very interesting since the moment she took him on. The chopping the hand was actually a roleplayed type of ceremony/ritual. It was rather fun! Basically Aegoth made a big mistake in Mhaldor/Congregation and Taraza made him pay and he lost his hand in penance of his weakness. He was a great sport about it, and still a great sport about it. 

• Yeah, good thread so far. Forums need more of these and less terrible conglomerates.

• I'm not a huge fan of roleplaying characters outside the game they exist in, but I'd be down! It'd be interesting to read others' responses, to say the least.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I would definitely be up for that. Sounds like an interesting idea.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • 1) Would you allow permanent, "negative" things to happen to your character?

Yes. I have purposefully done things to harm Caoi physically and psychologically.

2) Perhaps more importantly, do you require OOC consent for someone to do something permanent to your character?

No I do not always. For example. @Orzaansyn chopped off Caoi's finger. @Aegoth‌ messed caoi up mentally and spiritually with a ritual I had no idea was coming. But some things I believe require some prior planning. such as getting possessed by something. Although i did kinda flying by the seat of my pants too.

3) How willing are you to propose or to do something negative to another character? 

Being that caoi isnt inherantly(sp) evil...not extremely willing.Well. okay. If you count betrayal in this. I  am willing. I think it depend on the path. I am not..unwilling. And now to think of it. caoi has unwittingly harmed people. Hmm..

• I think I should clarify - doing something 'negative' to another character doesn't necessarily mean something Evil. It really boils down to doing something that the character perceives as negative. Evil is just the most obvious. In other words, it's subjective!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited September 2014
    You're certainly referring to something meant with at least the intent to harm, if not outright malice, right? Or, as a player, something you understand will be detrimental to the target character? I answered the question in that spirit, at least!

ETA: I don't think the question'd make much sense if it's something another character merely perceived as harmful- that, by definition, goes down without you or your character being involved, sometimes. I can't control the way someone (real or otherwise) takes something I/my character do.

• 1) Would you allow permanent, "negative" things to happen to your character? Yes please! Absolutely yes. It sounds fun! One of the fun parts of tabletops is your DM can do this at the spur of the moment. I've cut off character's hands for being crit against. I've had my own character blinded in a serenity game. (She was the pilot, too. That worked out so well.) I would love to have stuff like this to happen to Amarillys! Okay, so maybe not so much in the permanent uglying, I still like having a fairly pretty character, but you can do quite a lot of things to a human body before it is ugly. 

2) Do you require OOC consent for someone to do something permanent to your character
    Absolutely not! Sure, I think OOC consent has its merits. Working on Amarillys' eyes with people has required some OOC conversations to let them know what is going on so they can act accordingly. But if someone strapped Rill down and started in on surgery without asking me, that would be awesome! Basically, if you have evil plans and you need a damsel, I am free! Promise. Course, I may not always be the perfect damsel. She's scared, not helpless. :)

3) How willing are you to propose or to do something negative to another character? 
    Ah, probably a lot. Of course, I can't imagine Amari doing anything like that. If it ever comes up, well, that will be an interesting day!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I still say truelocking someone is the only way to move into torture ninety percent of the time.
  • SharaShara Midlands
    edited September 2014
    Daslin said:
    I still say truelocking someone is the only way to move into torture ninety percent of the time.
    For Daslin, I think you mean 99% of the time. That other 1% being when they are afk in their bed, and they told you they would be right back, and you couldn't just leave her alone for 3 minutes... no you just had to try to- anyways...

1) Would you allow permanent, "negative" things to happen to your character? Yip! Phsyically she sports a few choice scars, a brand on her chest, and a razor-sharp, scaled collar with matching ring she can't remove.  Mentally, she thinks she's on top of things but she's masking some permanent scarring from traumatic situations she's found herself in. She rationalises those experiences as character building, so even she's not opposed to "negative" situations.

2) Perhaps more importantly, do you require OOC consent for someone to do something permanent to your character? I don't require consent if the event and consequences have a solid sense of realism, and are well thought out. Don't come to Shara and tell her you found/are one of her abandoned children (grown in the lab or not), demand to initiate a bloodfeud, and want to be bloodlined without at least dropping me a message. :p

3) How willing are you to propose or to do something negative to another character? Of course, Shara is into RP with consequences that can be negative. She normally physically harms the ones she loves, but she has been known to really mess with people mentally.

My first almost-Issue came from a fun event Drefan and a couple of us used to do in Hashan called: The Rite of Human Sacrifice. We all would get dressed up, wield cleavers and rope, and announce the stalking of a Human (or close enough) Novice. We'd chase them around, pin them down, and tell them silly things like "We shall deliver you to the darkness of Night so that you will become truly one of us!" Just before it seemed like we were going to take their heart from their chest, we'd toss firecrackers and gold at them, and then take off running in a laugh. Most people find the rite hilarious, and we all go for drinks afterwards. One guy and his Cyrenian friend freaked out as we chased them through Delos. He asked Newbie channel if we were allowed to sacrifice citymates because he was going to Issue us. Afterward, he said it was an experience in fear and confusion he would never forget and OOCly he laughed hysterically when he realised it was a joke.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited September 2014
    Shhhhh. We don't speak of that.
  • ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    Ruth said:

Elsewise, I'm guilty of seeking the thrill of enforcing negative choices/outcomes on another character. I did that once to @Zarla but unfortunately, she has a bad habit of disappearing on me!
    Eeeeeeeeeep! /late /late

My sincere apologies, Tyrannus @Ruth. Next time we meet, please accept my humble offering of this slave body as food for the hungry Tyrannosaurus. 

*CRIES* I promise I'll try my best to be online more! 

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Excellent. Be prepared. Muhahahaha!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"