Roleplay, Boons

2»

Comments

• blush

• In all seriousness,  what is an acceptable boon request?  I mean,  could someone ask for artifacts or something? 

• I also have no idea what I would ask for (or what I could ask for).

Would a free race change be out of the question?
  • I think it would be a waste of a boon to ask for something common/boring. I would try for something unique or interesting that can't be bought. For a minor boon that's given as a small reward, maybe something like a special food/drink would do as a simple request.
  • Anyone still have a description of the mass of um?

• This thing is a huge, amorphous blob that can only be accurately described as, well, it can't be accurately described, so we'll settle for "um". It is of uncertain colour, and has no particular smell. Or perhaps it's just that the colour and smell change so often that it's hard to pin them down. The texture is not quite slick, not quite rough, settling somewhere between the two.
    It has 2 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 625 pounds.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    You're not changing your description to that, are you now @Synbios?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    You're not changing your description to that, are you now @Synbios?
    @Tharvis: I can neither confirm and/or/nand/nor/xor/xnor deny that.

• edited October 2014
    Sena said:
    I think it would be a waste of a boon to ask for something common/boring. I would try for something unique or interesting that can't be bought. For a minor boon that's given as a small reward, maybe something like a special food/drink would do as a simple request.
    I think a boon would be like the rule-free wish muffin from Fairly OddParents.

Unrelated note, if you're going to Google Image search "wish muffin", make sure to add "Fairly OddParents".

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Count me in with the group of people who RP a line or two during ceremonies just so I don't stand out.

I'm always timely with a pithy quote or a canned emote.
  • Sena said:
    Alaskar said:
    In all seriousness,  what is an acceptable boon request?  I mean,  could someone ask for artifacts or something? 
    It depends on the reason for the boon and how generous the boon-granter is feeling. Although I don't think there have been any boons given in at least 7 years (it seemed like mostly a Clementius thing, from what I remember).
    Last boon that I ever remember seeing was around the day Clementius left. I remember Delphinus wanted something to remember him by and was given his medallion.