Runeblades,

2»

Comments

• Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    Question - how do runeblades work? Do weapon runes (Laguz, Lagua, proc runes like Nairat/Eihwaz/Hugalaz) only work if the weapon is empowered? Can you empower both weapons, or just one? Also, does empowering a weapon extend the amount of time the rune stays active (the way body runes work longer for runies than other classes)?
    Lagua Laguz and Lagul only take effect when the weapon is empowered. The empowerment lasts 30 days. Nairat Hugalaz etc can only be sketched on empowered weapons and never fade till they're smudged or the weapon loses the empowerment. You can empower both weapons and sketch a different rune on each. 
    Is it possible for both weapon runes to proc on the same DSL?
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Darklyre said:
    Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    Question - how do runeblades work? Do weapon runes (Laguz, Lagua, proc runes like Nairat/Eihwaz/Hugalaz) only work if the weapon is empowered? Can you empower both weapons, or just one? Also, does empowering a weapon extend the amount of time the rune stays active (the way body runes work longer for runies than other classes)?
    Lagua Laguz and Lagul only take effect when the weapon is empowered. The empowerment lasts 30 days. Nairat Hugalaz etc can only be sketched on empowered weapons and never fade till they're smudged or the weapon loses the empowerment. You can empower both weapons and sketch a different rune on each. 
    Yes. Though I firmly believe it's not possible for Hugalaz like it used to be. @Aerek says he's seen it once post-nerf and I believe him but I'm going to call the chance so astronomically low it may as well be impossible. All other runes will double proc frequently though.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    Yes. Though I firmly believe it's not possible for Hugalaz like it used to be. @Aerek says he's seen it once post-nerf and I believe him but I'm going to call the chance so astronomically low it may as well be impossible. All other runes will double proc frequently though.
    If Nairat double procs, doesn't that basically mean instafreeze?
  • Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    Kenway said:
    Darklyre said:
    If hugalaz is 3%, it should double-proc around once per 550 DSLs on average. Certainly not often enough to be useful, but you should see it every now and then.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Pretty sure Hugalaz procs more than 3% of the time.  I've never double proc'ed hugalaz and I've dsled hundreds of times in group fights with it up (only use nairat for 1v1s).
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited September 2014
    Darklyre said:
    If Nairat double procs, doesn't that basically mean instafreeze?
    Sure does.
    Achilles said:
    Pretty sure Hugalaz procs more than 3% of the time.  I've never double proc'ed hugalaz and I've dsled hundreds of times in group fights with it up (only use nairat for 1v1s).
    Yeah, I don't know the proc rate, I just know it's less than Nairat. It's been a minute since runeblades came out so my memory is hazy, but I'm pretty sure all runes had the same proc rate, initially. Double hugalaz procs were the subject of much crying and gnashing of teeth, which was completely justified because with whatever their proc rate was, double procs were common enough that Trolls with battleaxes or even broadswords (pre-diminishing returns) were just obliterating people if they got lucky. (It was also blunt damage, so Trolls could stun with it.)

As a result, I'm pretty sure the Powers that Be lowered hugalaz' overall proc rate from the others, and I had thought they made it impossible for both to fire at the same time. I hadn't seen a double hugalaz proc since I came out of dormancy in 2010, at least, but then I got one myself about a month ago, so I don't know anymore.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Double hugalaz isn't possible anymore, but it was in the past. The chance for it wasn't very good but it happened frequently enough that was a serious problem.

• Achilles said:
    FWIW, the 3% was just pulling Aerek's number from an earlier post as an example. Based on my attempts to test whether it was affected by the blunt damage icon tuning, I'd be surprised if it were very much more, but I don't have any specific numbers.
  • I think it's worth classleading Pithakhan to raise overall limb damage by a small consistent amount per dsl instead of making it reliant on chance. This should make the speed of prepping slightly more inline with other classes.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Eld said:
    Achilles said:
    FWIW, the 3% was just pulling Aerek's number from an earlier post as an example. Based on my attempts to test whether it was affected by the blunt damage icon tuning, I'd be surprised if it were very much more, but I don't have any specific numbers.
    My memory is telling me it was 10 or 12% at one point, and then lowered to about 8% (per slash) and not allowed to double proc.

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I seem to recall now being able to remove empowerment on your own. But I can't find a trace of it. 

Any ideas?
  • I'm pretty sure you can't, unless there was an unannounced change or some undocumented method that isn't common knowledge.
  • You might be thinking os songblessing.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Just throwing this out there. When I tested hugalaz on blades it wasn't effected by cold resistance so I'm not sure what the damage type is. Granted its been a while, but I think someone should retest. 
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.