Mudlet serpent scripting

I am using mudlet as my client and I was wondering if there is a way to say to make an alias or key with doublestab that would allow me to say press 1 for a combination of epteph/curare and 2 for voyria/darkshade or whatever your blade is envenomed with. Two I am unaware if you could envenom your weapon with say all the venoms for instance and then when you doublestab specify which ones you wish to use via alias or key?

Comments

• I am sorry to sound so newbish lol but what would I put where if I am understanding this right the ^v([a-z])([a-z]?)$ is of course the pattern but do I need to create a script too?

• edited August 2014

I use something similar as Karai, but no 'v', and I base everything off of affliction names, not venom names.  Just 'ap' for asthma/paralysis, etc.

http://tonykaze.wix.com/godzilla

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Ernam said:

I use something similar as Karai, but no 'v', and I base everything off of affliction names, not venom names.  Just 'ap' for asthma/paralysis, etc.

http://tonykaze.wix.com/godzilla

How the hell does your character even still exist with all this automation.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Because nothing I use comes remotely close to breaking automation rules?...  How is venom selection based on your opponents' afflictions "farming" anything?

• Im curious as to why you need a tracker for all that stuff?

Honestly most people just learn how to shuffle it into their brains, especially serpents. This level of automation is a bad bad thing.

Many people use similar things though, like auto envenoms and whatnot. I find that rather boring since part of what makes combat fun is actually having to do things with a snap reaction, as though you're doing it yourself. When you can just hold F1 and watch the afflictions stack up and hope you win... well that's as boring as bashing.

As to the original topic, I had a myriad of alias and keybindings. I used the alt-num and ctrl-num for different hypnosis, things like ck for curare/kalmia, ca for curare/aconite, er for euryptria/stupidity. I dunno, just make your own aliases, find out what floats your boat and what you can commit to muscle memory so you can go on the fly.

I think I used 2 letter aliases for envenoming, then ds for dstabbing. The reason I did this was lag, so I could just SPAM DS and wait for the doublestab to go through, then envenom off balance. If you have a good ping, you can envenom and dstab all in the same macro without much of an issue.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • As you pointed out, affliction tracking isn't doing anything that a skilled player can't do.  It's just a utility to make life a little easier.  I fail to see how it's any different than a curing system, or an automatic refill script.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    ..gonna point out. One of your demo logs of damnation has you legitimately saying, "Going hands off." That's automation man. Not to mention self-promoting a friggin' 500cr system to what is very likely a newbie. Kinda shitty, bro.

And to be on topic for Esenna, take a look at what Karai posted, or ask to be inducted into mudlet clan. Lots of helpful people there.

• edited August 2014

1) automation rules are specifically meant to prevent farming of gold/experience
    2) "affliction tracking" doesn't imply any attacks or even venom selection whatsoever. 
    3) dozens of people are using similar (albeit not as good) systems.
    4) I'm not "marketing" anything, and that's definitely not a newbie.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

Esenna (female Atavian).

She is 18 years old, having been born on the 7th of Valnuary, 644 years after the fall of the 

Seleucarian Empire.

She is ranked 1640th in Achaea.

She is an extremely credible character.

She is not known for acts of infamy.

She is a Plebeian in Ashtan.

She is considered to be approximately 5% of your might.

Not a newbie? Bro, you're jaded as hell. Now, "not as good"? At -what-? Automation? Sure, you got that on lock, bub. I'm not saying shit against aff tracking. It's kinda needed to, you know, -lock- people. And honestly, I bet if you somehow became best combatant in all of Achaea and they found you using your Godzilla, in auto mode, you'd either be shrubbed forever, or just flat account deleted, no matter the insane amount of cash you've thrown their way. Do the newbie a favour, and just disappear, dude. Nobody really wants your system, you've been ridiculed for it, and yeah, some have bought it.  Nobody really cares about it, man. You don't have to spout it whenever a question is asked. Oh, and 100cr for a bm counter? You've seriously lost your mind.

And back on topic once again, check with your house a bit, and take a look into what I said before.

• Esenna said:

I am sorry to sound so newbish lol but what would I put where if I am understanding this right the ^v([a-z])([a-z]?)$ is of course the pattern but do I need to create a script too?

From the looks of things, you can probably just put the entirety (everything below the regex pattern) as part of the 'alias' code and it should work.

• It's not a "BM counter", and feel free to have your own opinion.  Many people have purchased all three of my systems, and they are all quite happy with their decision.

• I thought you died.

Order now and I'll throw in Godzilla plus my "BM counter" and limited edition almost illegal automation scripts for free!

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • They're paired together because they work together.  Limb tracking feeds into affliction tracking.  (Godzilla tracks limb breaks, etc)

• edited August 2014
    Esenna said:

I am sorry to sound so newbish lol but what would I put where if I am understanding this right the ^v([a-z])([a-z]?)$ is of course the pattern but do I need to create a script too?

Everything after the pattern goes in the large box underneath. You can use the affliction name rather than the venom name, too if it's easier like @Ernam uses, it just takes an additional step. I'll probably post here later today with that version if you'd like to see how that's done. I have both anyway. Just preferred venom name so I could get familiar with them.

• Thank you all I appreciate the help 

• Not to hijack this thread, but I was trying to put together an Evade/Dashing script which I thought could follow a similar method as this envenoming one, where I could have an alias like "ev" followed by a direction like "n" for north...except I'm not sure how to modify this envenoming script to do that, or to script something new to do that..

Figured I'd post here instead of start a new thread. Any help?

• edited August 2014

I'm confused, but it sounds like what you want is a simple alias.

Could even just use setalias ev evade

From then on, "ev n" would evade north.

If you wanted to do it in Mudlet, it'd just be:

Alias:

^ev (\w+)$

Code:

send("evade "..matches[2])
  • That works! Now to figure out why and how it works. 

Thanks so much!