Robes of the Grand Magi

2»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

they could always sell limited use extremely powerful items at lower prices, that have powerful utility/ability but last like a couple of irl months or something.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • To be fair, nothing you just quoted contradicts what they did.

Seems like they're handling it well, just saying that quote is irrelevant to the situation.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited August 2014
    Jarrod said:

To be fair, nothing you just quoted contradicts what they did.

Seems like they're handling it well, just saying that quote is irrelevant to the situation.

Sarapis did say that "Robes of the Grand Magi" weren't in the plans to be sold in the future, not "Robes of the Fire/Ice Mage", and it was even in response to a question about this exact situation ("Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?"), so both the meaning of the words and the apparent intent behind them was pretty obviously referring to the base artefact, and not the customisations.

• Yeah, I forgot it in my post before, but directly ahead of Sarapis's response (the post he was replying to) was this:

Antonius said:

Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

• 'Not in the plans' is not the same as 'will not'.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Not in the plans also doesn't equal 30 days later release of said item, either. 

He specifically said "not next month" but here w are...what like 35-40 days after?

In conjunction the things that were said and the actions done were contradictory.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Well what's done is done. Can we make a new thread for artefact speculation and new arties instead of using this one.

a) because the title of this thread may cause some valuable input to be missed by people who could give such

2) because i can't figure out how to turn notifications off

c) because i don't think we can make anything constructive here.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:

2) because i can't figure out how to turn notifications off

http://forums.achaea.com/profile/preferences/Mishgul

yes

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • I'm really not trying to troll here.

I'm just extremely put off by Sarapis saying "Sorry you all thought we said something we didn't say" despite him personally having given contradictory information on the public forums.

Not that I expect more given past experience, it's just really shitty for the head admin/owner/ceo (whatever his title is) of a game going 'No you're wrong, and I didn't post anything to contradict this' because that is just not how things should work at all.

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Blah blah threads over. Situation has been rectified. Time to close thread or move to rants. 

• I find it funny that so many people are pissed that the item (was) being sold, at all.  I was personally pissed that it wasn't being sold, because I (like many other people) really wanted one (two, in my case), but was completely unable to buy credits during the promotion, so had no chance of getting the artefact.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I want one too,  still doesn't mean it wasn't poor form. 

• I'd offer to sell you guys mine, but I can't imagine anyone would pay what I'd want for them. Carmain was asking 6500 for his and I was still on the fence at that price point. Poppa wants a special artefact customisation and it's expensive as hell :(

• Trey said:
    I'd offer to sell you guys mine, but I can't imagine anyone would pay what I'd want for them. Carmain was asking 6500 for his and I was still on the fence at that price point. Poppa wants a special artefact customisation and it's expensive as hell :(

wtb discontinued combat & bashing balance-breaking artefacts???

• Yeah I didn't get why they were talismanized in the first place. Although if it was for the special Song of Fire and Ice thingy or whatever, that makes sense. ;)

Glad it made it in as an artefact though. Chalk Xith's total of good ideas up to: 1.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.