Combat training dummy

AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

I don't know about other players, but I often find myself in a situation where I need to test something like an alias/combo, but can't do it without dragging someone into the arena.

Is it possible for us to get something like a training dummy, possibly at city/org barracks?

It doesn't have to react to anything, all it has to do is to allow one to use attacks on it, that would normally only work no adventurers.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Ashura already have one, and have had for as long as I can remember (10 RL years?) Doesn't work for all attacks, but does for targeted limb attacks

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

Excellent, so it is possible!

• There are even public ones, in the Sangre oddly enough.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Public ones and a lot of Houses have them I believe.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

:D

Yea, I've noticed.

• A dummy for Targossas. I need it badly. I log on off peak hours, and I do not what to bug people with my bad combat skills.

Light prevails, always
  • edited August 2014
    Now that they've got serverside maybe they can make something that does cure, but I'm not really fond of something that decreases interaction with other players, even if it doesn't cure to test if your combos work. You could take someone to the arena and test etc.

• NylithNylith Beaverton, OR
    I'd love to see practice dummies that you could afflict and then watch them cure. While I agree with you that player interaction is important. It can be difficult sometimes to get someone to stand in an arena with you and let you test things.

Vaehl said:
    Now that they've got serverside maybe they can make something that does cure, but I'm not really fond of something that decreases interaction with other players, even if it doesn't cure to test if your combos work. You could take someone to the arena and test etc.

• Dummy with adjustable maxhealth and breakable limbs, please.

• It would also be really cool if it had a randomization setting, so every now and then you could reset it to practice adjusting for different health levels.

• Just realized how easy it would be to just create an alias that would randomize it for you if maxhp is manually adjustable. I was very tired when I posted that, haha.

• Shibumi said:

A dummy for Targossas. I need it badly. I log on off peak hours, and I do not what to bug people with my bad combat skills.

Talk to your city or house leaders in game. This is something easily done through the patron request system.