Talisman of Binding

124»

Comments

• We still need to find a way to balance this.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d50fc699

Earrings make Achaean combat 100% avoidable if you buy enough of em.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited August 2014
    Halos didn't lay piety sooooo... Nemu could have just as easily winged/raido'd out too.

Someone's salty.

Look at dat dwinnu.

• You had me going until talisman of re-binding. Ugh.

• Strata said:
    If i wasn't a pro-serpent extremist, I would have never bought a veil. Veil and gem of cloaking makes the whole "invisible serpent" concept complete. Plenty of non-veiled players are way more successful infiltrators than me anyway (probably because I rarely ever do infiltration/theft type things). I don't mind that people don't like veils - except for @Nim cuz she annoying about it. :)

And to make sure this doesn't get closed, the only thing I'm going to say in this thread is: The loudest anti-veil proponents are the same ones who will just find another object to whine about as soon as veils are gone - and those peasants' flames shall be snuffed out at all costs.

I've said a couple times on this subject that veils should be deleted and just given as a temporary active for serps, like cloak/ghost (but briefer). I think total invisibility makes more sense for serpents than anyone else.

But on the subject of this talisman, I'm not sure any specific class needs it (except maybe Alch, fits in theme with ether disrupt). I was super excited to buy one before I found out they were deleted, but then I remembered how important hermit/universe were when I was an irritating jester. If it's ever put back in, don't let it block Hermit, cause that's already a tricky skill to manage.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited September 2014
    @Grandue, that's one of the funniest posts I've ever seen.

I wish what you were doing was sarcasm, but here I am with my 99.8% useless mask of lifevision and talisman of obfuscation.

• Ernam said:
    @Grandue, that's one of the funniest posts I've ever seen.

I wish what you were doing was sarcasm, but here I am with my 99.8% useless mask of lifevision and talisman of obfuscation.

Considering I got a Mask of Lifevision to see hidden people, mine is 100% effective and useful. Not to mention, I was able to do this cool trick with coding stuff that lets me ignore illusions when they're caught because they're caught by the Mask of Lifevision (as intended) and allows me to react according to knowing the illusion is fake or not. As far as your worthless talisman of obfuscation, well that sucks for you.
  • edited September 2014
    Was more commenting on the practice of releasing multi-hundred-dollar artefacts, then subsequently selling additional artefacts that make them useless, which quickly requires having both for combat to be "balanced".  See: lifevision/obfuscation, buckawns, earrings, etc.

The subsequent pointlessness of both artefacts thanks to server curing was just like, a bonus.
  • At the risk of laughing so hard I hurt myself please explain, in great detail, which artifact counters buckawns and why it makes things balanced.
  • Ugh.  Evidently you missed the 8 year period where buckawns amulet was essentially required to not die to web/axk.
  • Ernam said:
     which quickly requires having both for combat to be "balanced".  See: lifevision/obfuscation, buckawns, earrings, etc.
    Buckawns is one, what is the second artifact they relased that works with/against buckawns to make things "balanced" as per your above statement.

Unless your argument is not that
    Ernam said:
    the practice of releasing multi-hundred-dollar artefacts, then subsequently selling additional artefacts that make them useless, which quickly requires having both for combat to be "balanced".  See: lifevision/obfuscation, buckawns, earrings, etc.

The subsequent pointlessness of both artefacts thanks to server curing was just like, a bonus.
    but rather that Achaea is a combination of pay for perks, pay to win with a combat system that  heavily pay gated.

Or maybe you were just spewing vitriol again and decided the sense and logic to your argument should takea  back seat to your tantrum.
  • edited September 2014
    Nevermind, not feeding the trolls.