Talisman of Binding

Comments

• It doesn't matter whether they're "worth the cost."  1000cr, 2500cr, 500cr, 150cr, it's still going to have an absurd and stifling effect on group combat.

• So... in city now, if someone has this artie, you have to leave room into another totem in order to have a chance to leave the city. Nice.

• How fast does it recharge? When your escape is prevented, is any balance/eq cost from the escape ability also prevented? Does your raido rune fade if your raido attempt is blocked by the artefact?

• edited August 2014
    Dunn said:

So... in city now, if someone has this artie, you have to leave room into another totem in order to have a chance to leave the city. Nice.

So in other words, city defenses are no longer pointless.  +1

Sena said:

How fast does it recharge? When your escape is prevented, is any balance/eq cost from the escape ability also prevented? Does your raido rune fade if your raido attempt is blocked by the artefact?

1% every 12 seconds, 100% in 20 minutes.  5% used for every 10 seconds.  Simply put, it's not that big of a freaking deal.

• City defenses were pointless?

• This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

• Daeir said:

I'm sure there will be a Talisman Binder that prevents the Talisman of Binding from affecting a room when used in it for the paltry sum of 1500cr released in a few months or so.

This reciprocal paywall stuff is ridiculous. I think I'm done.

Someone payed 800cr to get earrings with someone else, you can't honestly expect to stop that simply because it's annoying without paying credits to do it.

• Jhui said:
    gotta admit this is a pretty game-changing artefact in the wrong direction for all of Santar's reasons.  And I'm all about some new arties, especially OP ones.

Now, if this were placed into a class skill of a neutral class that is lacking at the moment, it would be an incredibly awesome counter for everyone to have and expect.

He means Paladin

• Achimrst said:

Daeir said:

I'm sure there will be a Talisman Binder that prevents the Talisman of Binding from affecting a room when used in it for the paltry sum of 1500cr released in a few months or so.

This reciprocal paywall stuff is ridiculous. I think I'm done.

Someone payed 800cr to get earrings with someone else, you can't honestly expect to stop that simply because it's annoying without paying credits to do it.

I can and do expect any game I play to not have retarded things. If it has retarded things, I don't buy it. Why pay for something dumb? There are lots of not-dumb things I could spend money on instead. Ergo those 800cr earrings will never make me consider buying a counter - they'll just make me less likely to spend money on Achaea. It's a moot point though because 2000cr veils already guarantee that I won't.

• Achimrst said:

This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

I bought one purely for city defense....

The Jhui earring crew is CONSTANTLY using earrings to hop into and out of Targossas, with virtually no risk of death.  Using it offensively (off totems) is dramatically less effective.

• Ernam said:

Achimrst said:

This is a ganking artefact, I would have thought most of you would be happy.

I bought one purely for city defense....

The Jhui earring crew is CONSTANTLY using earrings to hop into and out of Targossas, with virtually no risk of death.  Using it offensively (off totems) is dramatically less effective.

Right, I think people are just saying this isn't the best solution the situation you are describing

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited August 2014

Edit: scratch that. Earrings are still awesome.  Serpents/bm should rejoice, though. Evade ftw.

• Yeah totally agree, minuet does need to be nerfed.

• I'm grateful some counter to earrings exists now, but I admit I'm disappointed it also blocks the things that were already balanced, such as angel refuge and pilgrimage. This only solves half the problem of earrings, which is escaping. It's still completely easy to infiltrate with a small group and suddenly earring in with a large group when you get hit with no means of preventing it beyond "kill them faster". I agree with Jhui, I think this would have gone better on a neutral class rather than an artifact to counter other artifacts. 

The concerns over finances determining combat strength are legitimate in my opinion. Artifacts were already hugely powerful with gigantic turnoffs to those who don't want to invest real money (veils); now there is an artifact that counters aspects of skills on top of that. The flood sceptre was already annoying for that reason, but I'm concerned over the message this artifact is sending. The focus is shifting further away from "counter things with smart play" and further towards "counter things with more money", and I think that's very unfortunate for a game with such amazing depth.

i'm a rebel

• Daslin said:

Remove the artie, give the artie's ability to Shaman. That way everyone can have it. And then Targ has to admit that Shamans are okay to have. Then they have bind/piety. 

Then it'd be like bard, and we'd have to sacrifice a token individual or two just to Bind (/dirge) for an otherwise useless class.

Because bards are totally worthless besides dirge...
    What? 

Not going to lie,  at first glance,  I read that as Tard-bards.

• edited August 2014

Jhui said:

Austere said:
    Because bards are totally worthless besides dirge...
    What? 

he must be mean Targ-bards, they are different from dunn-bards and xinna-bards.

What's amazing in 1v1 combat vs. what's amazing in raids (which is what you were dicussing) are totally different.  The fact that Minuet is grossly broken as an ability doesn't actually help much in raids.  I definitely agree that for the time being, Bard is probably #1 in 1v1 combat, solely because of Minuet.

Once you start triggering off of Limerick (looking at you, Ashtan), things do get a little tricky though, but that's only really effective for ganking - still not that significant in anyting more than 2v2 combat.

I'd rather have a BM at my side any day of the week.  Or a monk, knight, magi, serpent, sylvan, dragon, jester, or priest.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Ernam said:

Daslin said:

Remove the artie, give the artie's ability to Shaman. That way everyone can have it. And then Targ has to admit that Shamans are okay to have. Then they have bind/piety. 

Then it'd be like bard, and we'd have to sacrifice a token individual or two just to Bind (/dirge) for an otherwise useless class.

lol. If you think bard is useless... you're losin' it m8

• edited August 2014
    Daslin said:

Having played tri-trans bard on two characters, I know exactly what they can do.  Unfortunately, aside from Xinna-Ayoxele-like scripted venomlocks, it's really not that much, in group combat.  The only thing I really consider special about bard is their ability to spam impatience, and of course somersault out of nearly every kill strategy in the game.  Still, doesn't help much in a snipe fight.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

Not everything has to be Godzilla, brah. And, for the record, as it's been pointed out to you numerous times, Ashtan don't trigger off shit. S'called paying attention.

Now, back to the matter at hand, give refunds on talisman, cut it from the shop, give the ability to Shamans in the changes, force Targ to accept Shamans if they wanna stop the earrings.

• I think he means affliction tracking. There's nothing wrong with that. Unless he wants to be a complete hypocrite.

• edited August 2014

I don't even use an affliction tracker of any kind, and neither does Ayoxele.

Not that it's bad to. I just like to have more control over my offense.

• Ernam said:
    Daslin said:

Having played tri-trans bard on two characters, I know exactly what they can do.  Unfortunately, aside from Xinna-Ayoxele-like scripted venomlocks, it's really not that much, in group combat.  The only thing I really consider special about bard is their ability to spam impatience, and of course somersault out of nearly every kill strategy in the game.  Still, doesn't help much in a snipe fight.

I don't script offense, or even have an aff tracker...

Thanks for the compliment :smiley: 

• XerXer Langley
    edited August 2014
    Ayoxele and Xinna don't even use affliction tracking (at least Ayoxele doesn't for sure) lol. Not hard to spam and just watch what you eat and stack afflictions around that, setting aside a separate pool of afflictions for each person. Ayo and I used to lock before I even had a decent system as Shaman/Infernal. Ayoxele can't even code, that scrub. Needed help to make PT announces and whatnot.

EDIT: LOL we all posted at the same time. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • He's in your city, @Silas.