Bashing

AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

Hey. So, I've managed to return to sustained activity after a few years and apparently a whole bunch of things changed. Here's my question for y'all who know better:

What's the best bashing setup for a Troll Paladin? Right now I'm using what I think are good axes ([156/156/126] and [164/120/138]), but, having not been a Knight class since Bush was President, I really have no idea. All I know is that my balance recovery from DSL is like cold molasses.

I'm trying to figure out how to be the most optimal/fastest basher that I can be currently, but don't really understand the balance between damage and speed in the game. So yeah. Any help would be appreciated.

Only caveat: Can't do rapiers. 

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"

Comments

• In general, it's safe to assume that speed is the most important stat. Beyond that, bashing damage was completely overhauled recently, and different weapon types have different damage formulae against denizens, so it's hard to say what would be best. Your caveat makes it even harder, since rapiers are by far the most widely used knight weapon for both combat and bashing (because they're the best by a pretty wide margin), so it's hard to find data on anything else.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

Damn. Alright. I'll see what I can do about scimitars or something. I can't do rapiers more for RP than anything else. I can handle slower bashing based on that, but I'm hoping to find something faster.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN

If your not using rapiers in the current game you might want to switch classes.. Damage knight and speed knight are now one.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    :(

• Get a pair of scimitars or really good longswords and you'll be fine. I did well with good longswords with just 13 base str, with 2 more on top of that you'll do well against most people. You won't be able to threeshot Jhui but if you could you'd be broken.

i'm a rebel

• I rather enjoy good scimitars when I could find them. But it's been since pre-shallam since I've been active enough to bash at all.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."