The Siege of the Foozle

edited August 2014 in The Matsuhama Arena
Not a complaint, just a very hilariously odd situation that I got a good laugh out of.

After @Jhui learned what was going on, all offensive action stopped and he helped me write out the bug report. Hats off for not abusing it!

IDEA: Make guards attack NON-Foozle event joiners. The simple fact that once a Foozle begins, guard stacks become worthless to raid defense, allowing the enemy to literally blow up any rooms without fear of guard positions, at great cost if they decide to kill guards.

In the end, a big "What in the..." // laughing moment by virtually everyone involved, including @Jhui.

Timing on this one couldn't have been better! :smiley: 

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

Comments

• well this is embarrassing :p

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

Yea it was rather embarrassing I kept calling for help trying to figure out WTF the guards were doing. 

• Foozle comes up right before room blows up.

Me: "We got room, let them Foozle."

Jhui: "K, one more DBomb!"

death

death

death

death

Me: "Why are you not dead?"

Jhui: "Don't come! Guards bugged vs me!"

Me: "Hm.... oh god, the Foozle!"

Empress spam all out of Targ.

• Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "For those of you who think I care about which city is raiding which other city, or who is whining more than the other. I don't. I care about the Foozle! So Foozle off!"

Looks like the time to raid now is during events, as guards are disabled and nobody gives a damn.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Not again :/

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    Not again :/
    Oh yes, but this time, people AND guards are the targets.

Don't know about you, but I simply don't wish to play something so unbalanced. @Tecton might want to look into this, as it's becoming a pattern now.

(3 Events that I can recall, alone)

-Albert Einstein

NO you killed the guards after the foozle started.  I was already on my way to my ship when those guards died.  Which was after the foozle was announced
  • Uh no we killed guards before the foozle started.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited September 2014
    I doubt taking advantage of foozle was their intention. Likely combination of coincidence and the admin behind Tharos "foozling it up" so to speak.

• edited September 2014
    I think @Jhui has broken the equilibrium barrier and has become a seer. 

We knew the foozle would happen.

• 5592h|94%m|100%e|100%w|33%|cdbh|ex||(18:17:57.665)    
    General log for the City of Targossas:
    2014/09/17 01:46:39 - The City of Ashtan has declared a sanctioned raid against the City.
    2014/09/17 01:48:32 - Dunn slew a Brighthold watchman.
    2014/09/17 01:51:31 - Taraus slew a Brighthold watchman.

5592h|94%m|100%e|100%w|33%|cdb|ex||(18:18:05.570)    
    World Event:           Foozling Contest
    Duration:              30 minutes (9 minutes left to go)
    FREE-PK?:              No
    City/forest defs on?:  No
    Major Teleport OK?:    No
    Mhun/Celerity Bonus?:  No
    Organized competition? Individuals
    Participating?:        Not participating. JOIN EVENT to join in.
    5592h|94%m|100%e|100%w|33%|cdb|ex||(18:18:05.698)    
    It is the middle of the night in Achaea.
    The phase of the moon is that of the Waxing Crescent.

In your world, it is 2014/09/17 02:18:02 GMT and 2014/09/16 18:18:02 in your configured timezone.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

If it's 02:18 now, that means the foozle started at 01:57. Guards were slain at 01:48/01:51.

Just for the record.

-Albert Einstein

• I legit counted like 12 calls for help, was hilarious.
    hmm ok i re-looked at the time stamps and the foozle did start after the guards died.  That still doesn't help the fact that the foozle started after a sanctioned raid started yet again and this should not keep happening.  What made it worse was Tharos saying he didn't give a crap.  Really that puts a bad taste in the mouth of most Targossians.  When it's been us this has happened to more then once now.
  • We were raiding before with guards being called on every encounter. We singled out one guard and killed it, then the event started as we were trying to kill a stack of 3. 
  • the alternative rant that you'll never see an Ashtani make because we're not complainers: "Tharos started that foozle just to end our raid.  WTF, just when we had a good raid going, we have to stop it because of a world event.  Geez."

Lesson:  Always see both sides kids
  • Seems like a little bias man, not going to lie. The one side gets the only 'solid' defence mechanism disabled for some event, and the other 'has to suffer' not killing defenders for 30 minutes.

Hard knock life, I suppose.

-Albert Einstein

• we left after you guys rushed - specifically because of the foozle.  If I weren't sapiencing Linus and saw you guys were coming to fight, we would have left when it started.  Imagine if you had won that last encounter, you would not have posted.  Forums is the worst place to go after a defeat, but does make for good entertainment for everyone else, so I won't say not to do it :smile: 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Jhui said:
    Forums is the worst place to go after a defeat, 
    Not untrue.

• Iocun said:
    Halos said:
    Jhui said:
    Not untrue.
    When you lose on one battlefield, you take the fight to another. It's a sound strategy.
    Holy shit Iocun is alive.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Iocun said:
    Halos said:
    Jhui said:
    Not untrue.
    When you lose on one battlefield, you take the fight to another. It's a sound strategy.
    Iocun all about that forum drama lol