Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,686Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I got a shock when I fell in that hole, but then I wondered why people were dying to it. Then I realised: their autowalkers were killing them. #Skynet

CailinXias
  • XiasXias Posts: 163Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I recently paid to become unenemied to Hashan, excited to finally explore the city. A few minutes in and BAM! Down the hole. 10/10 would die again.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Posts: 326Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    forests...darkness...boom...wraiths..
    oh, and @Majin gifted me with my own shrunken head.
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• StorilStoril Posts: 15Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Had a very productive month overall.  I successfully passed my interview for HR 4 and became an Academician. I was so proud! Also had a fun hunt with @Xik, @Turaxl, and @Ilira.
    IohannaEheneReiloch
  • PrythePrythe Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not sure where this  might belong, but I figured I'd share my "results."

I have been tracking my hits / crits / total / percentage for each level since I pushed for Dragon starting at level 82.

A level and a half ago I got cloth armour and the doohickeys for it.

Emanating a faint, golden glow, the symbol of a shield surrounded by a chain marks the surface of
    this runic armour.
    It weighs about 6 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Prythe.
    This armour has 2 embrasures.
    The following paragons have been inserted:
    1: a crucious paragon (paragon514515)     critical level gambling
    2: an auspicious icosagon paragon (paragon514360)     critical level increase chance
    This armour has 58 months of runic empowerment left.
    It will reset to you.

I could tell that my Hunting was more efficient, but even though I don't dive deeply into the numbers as some of you do, I do like numbers and being able to quantify things.

So I took the results from my last full non-armour level and compared them to my first full armour level. I took the percentage of each type of Crit, and assigned values of 2 4 8 16 32 64 based on their relative values (if I'm wrong here, please let me know). 

It's a relatively simplistic methodology, but I think it works for this purpose. 

My results made my eyes boggle - even though my total percentage of crits is down ~8 the efficiency of my with armour crits is better on a 1116:540 ratio.

Mind boggling as well!

If I messed up somewhere, please be gentle. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

XiasZbaco
  • BrenexBrenex Posts: 75Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 60.

Baby steps  =)

IohannaPrytheTalamond
  • TysandrTysandr Posts: 382Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 12
    To be technical, you need to know the health remaining when you kill a mob with a crit, as a large crit may in fact only do 10 damage. (Unless you have that critical spillover artifact.)
    "Anxiety is a beautiful name for fear."

• PrythePrythe Posts: 460Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Tysandr said:
    To be technical, you need to know the health remaining when you kill a mob with a crit, as a large crit may in fact only do 10 damage. (Unless you have that critical spillover artifact.)
    Hmmm. I do have that Arte, got it sometime into this recent level, so you're right, I'm not entirely comparing apples to apples.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KaseKase Posts: 8Member
    (Market): Skye says, "Grab a ham roll for those quick bites on the go. So much meat, they hang like curtains! Ad 21!" Don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a market ad before 
    Xias
  • NyneveNyneve Posts: 26Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    You swing an ebony, serpent's fang scimitar at a goblin zombie with all your might.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a goblin zombie, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 105.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Heir to Ashaxei's Legacy.
    A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Checked off one of my New Years resolutions! Thank you @Milabar for risking life and limb to log on :) even though I tricked you and didn’t end up killing you. 
    IohannaXiasMathilda
  • DominiusDominius Posts: 116Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Augtavian's back has broken under convulsions caused by the corpse of a blue-crowned ifrit's voyria venom.
    Connell
  • DridenDriden Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    got around to progressing my characters story today. Very excited with the down with the divine angle I decided to go for. I think it fits. Thinking it will lead into the support of Babel in an effort to destroy the divine themselves with creation. having much fun. 
    ConnellSiduriTalamondPrythe
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,755Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bira said:
    Gate to the Garden of the Gods (indoors).
    You say in a quiet, bassy voice, "...It's fine that we're just sitting here, right?"
    Rurin, the Crafter nods his head emphatically.
    You wipe the back of your hand across your brow in relief.
    Ruri n, the Crafter says, "If you stand long enough, you may just see a god or demigod goby."
    "Oooooooooh!" Vexilte says, eyes wide with wonder.
    You say to Vexilte in a quiet, bassy voice, "That's something I'd like to add to my memoirs, for sure."
    Vexilte says in a deep, melodic voice, "I think getting here is an accomplishment of itself, though."
    You say in a quiet, bassy voice, "...I wonder if asking one for an interview would... yeah, that's probably a bad idea."
    The corners of Vexilte's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.
    You say to Rurin, the Crafter in a quiet, bassy voice, "...Would asking one of them if they had time for an interview warrant a smiting?"
    Vexilte smirks.
    Your surroundings sunder as reality submits to the arrival of Evil's Lord.
    You blink.
    Where is the "to be continued", eh?
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    TjayCailin
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 16
    Won my first duel as Pyori today, didn't think it'd take me this long to do one, but oh well. Made a lot of dumb mistakes as I get back into Shaman, but still won it after I fixed what was broken with my curing.

ShirszaeNyneveTjay
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Carlyle said:

Houses and Influence:
      376  The Heartwood Kin
      353  The Somatikos
      343  The Insidium
      311  The Vashnarian Shield
      306  The Discurean Outriders
      274  The Dread Legates
      266  The Esoteric Consortium
      262  The Krymenian Academy
      229  The Savants of the Wheel
      224  The Dawnblade
      195  The Virtuosi
      191  The Nemesian Vanguard
      189  The Scions of the Ithmia
      164  The Harbingers of Redemption
    :(  We are in a rebuilding year.  Or ten.

Rangor
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ellodin said:
    Much to cast down, much to build, much to restore;
    Let the work not delay, time and the arm not waste;
    Let the clay be dug from the pit, let the saw cut the stone.
    Let the fire not be quenched in the forge.

Quiet, you Communist.  No one like Mao! :D

Sign In to Comment.