What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Ron Swanson:

“Of course I did. What’s gonna happen? A vegan is going to physically attack me. They’re basically made of glass. But more importantly, if you believe in something you sign your name to it. Which is why the makers of carbonated water will soon know where to find me.”

If you are scared of the ramifications of saying something, don't say it.

• Solnir said:
    @Sobriquet
    That was mentioned when the new silent lock artie was released, and summarily dismissed. General thoughts were pretty much "If you don't want what you're saying to be heard, don't be where you can be locked".
    While I don't agree with that (because I talk more on an OOC clan than anywhere else), I can see how it'd be annoying to block OOC clans when you can just say it is OOC and then use it for IC things anyway.

This is true. It does mean though we have a skill that when linked with an Artie allows for spying on all communication whether it's deemed IC or otherwise. Instead of looking to address that, the best way we can have private conversations is to use a different platform. If that's the case, why are OOC clans even a thing? The two elements don't work well together

When I got a tell saying // You just said x about me on a clan, is that IC or OOC clan because I want to address it. (Paraphrased) It just makes me not want to say anything on ooc channels at all. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Jonathin said:
    If it doesn't matter whether something is IC or OOC becuase of something that the speaker can't control, what's the point of communicating IG at all. Why not just have all discussions on Discord?

That logic goes both ways.
    You could just not talk shit about people IG, period. Particularly if you're unsure as to whether or not they can hear you IG doing it. Getting raided? Pretty safe bet one of you are being sapienced, if they have a monk present.

Little (( ooc barriers )) shouldn't prevent someone from getting their teeth kicked in if they're being asshats, the onus isn't really on the person doing the sapiencing. They're only using their IG tools to hear things being said, and thus keeping to the rules of the game.

• Luckily, I'm more than happy to call someone a c*nt IC and OOC, if I do in fact think they're a c*nt and deal with the consequences. 

If you're going to shit-talk someone, you should do so full in the knowledge that they may hear about it and have every right to pull you up on it if so.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited March 2018

Because obviously the only possible concern with OOC communications being taken IC - or being available to other people at all - is being killed because you said something somebody else didn't like.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Antonius knows where I was headed with my arguments.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • This is gunna come off douchey, but didn't you retire and make a post about how you'll never be back?
  • edited March 2018
    Antonius said:

Because obviously the only possible concern with OOC communications being taken IC - or being available to other people at all - is being killed because you said something somebody else didn't like.

Potentially unpopular opinion: Achaea is a roleplaying game, not your personal, private chat room. If you don't want run the risk of OOC things being heard, then don't speak about them in-game. At the very least, not in a place where people can potentially hear them. Especially in a game where spying is so prevalent.

• Pyori said:
    Antonius said:

Potentially unpopular opinion: Achaea is a roleplaying game, not your personal, private chat room. If you don't want run the risk of OOC things being heard, then don't speak about them in-game. At the very least, not in a place where people can potentially hear them. Especially in a game where spying is so prevalent.

If you want to make the argument that there should be no expectation of privacy, go ahead. I just wanted to point out how inadequate "Don't talk shit about other people and you'll be fine." is as a response, and that's literally all anybody - including you - had said.

• edited March 2018
    Antonius said:
    Pyori said:
    Antonius said:

If you want to make the argument that there should be no expectation of privacy, go ahead. I just wanted to point out how inadequate "Don't talk shit about other people and you'll be fine." is as a response, and that's literally all anybody - including you - had said.

Nobody explicitly said that, though, as a blanket response. They said it in response to the context that was being talked about, re: people talking shit and metagaming on OOC clans then wondering why they were catching flak for it. I didn't even respond regarding the other possible things, until you and Mosr brought them up, wherein I addressed them as well.

• edited March 2018
    IMO, it would be easiest for a lot of reasons if clans could be designated as explicitly OOC. It could help clarify any grey zones, and you could just leave tells to OOC clans out of what sapience picks up. No one should take OOC stuff ICly, but sapience doesn't make it easy to tell what's what, so there's only so much players -can- do in this situation, even acting with the best of intentions.
  • And what is to stop people from designating a clan as OOC and talking about IC stuff on it?
  • Nothing stops people from using Discord/skype for that, either. There's always going to be ways for people trying to cheat the system to get around it, but there can at least be tools to help the people who want to act in good faith to not have to avoid saying things OOCly that they fear will be taken ICly, or for spies to not have to be in a position of sorting OOC clan tells from IC clan tells.
  • I'm all for making ooc clans designated as such and removing them from sapience. Under the condition of the following: if players use them as parties are used now and plan ic combat responses on them, they are heavily punished.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Solnir said:
    How do you misspell your own name
    I blame mobile forums
  • did someone say MFB 
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Got the bottom half of my braces on, then left to catch a plane.

One of the brackets detached... Gdi

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Got the bottom half of my braces on, then left to catch a plane.

I once had my wire pop out in the middle of a giant-ass theme park. My right cheek became Swiss cheese.

• Ehene said:
    Aralaya said:
    Got the bottom half of my braces on, then left to catch a plane.

I once had my wire pop out in the middle of a giant-ass theme park. My right cheek became Swiss cheese.
    Yours is worse.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • 2018/03/08 03:08:40 - Iakimen has bled out, slain by the might of Outrider Zbaco Silvertongue.
    2018/03/08 03:19:24 - Iakimen has bled out, slain by the might of Outrider Zbaco Silvertongue.

Sure, I died about five times (holy fucking focused attacks, Batman) but a kill is a kill...

• edited March 2018
    Two person big Z in the crypt without moving and no capes is a lot harder then I expected, but for a spur of the moment f it let's try, good stuff!! 

Grats on the new honors line baby, I promise to bring moss/potash next time.

Also got 102. .  I'm completely slacking compared to my wife @Nyneve  :(
  • I guess I'm the only person with the capacity to try and distinguish between IC and OOC communications when I use sapience and have the respect to ignore the blatently OOC stuff said and not spread that knowledge around like cancer.

I'm ashamed of you all that I am the paragon in this situation. You should be ashamed too, because I'm a sleazeball most of the time. I think.

• Sapience feels gross to use, honestly.

An "OOC" designation to clans and making sapience not see those would be a good start to making sapience respect OOC.

• Cooper said:
    Sapience feels gross to use, honestly.

An "OOC" designation to clans and making sapience not see those would be a good start to making sapience respect OOC.
    I'd much prefer they still come through, but tagged in some way, but since sapience sees what is sent but not sure it checks the clan it may not be easily implemented. Would hate to see people use OOC clans to formulate strats because it avoids mind sapience :(.