What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    lol @Dunn whining about aeon when he was an asshat about it for years when it was faction locked.  Eff off that with that noise.
  • Achilles said:
    lol @Dunn whining about aeon when he was an asshat about it for years when it was faction locked.  Eff off that with that noise.

Cough. He wasn't saying anything about aeon. Cough.

Nazihk said:
    Depthswalkers were specifically added to reduce the importance of factional classes because factional classes generally aren't worth the development time that goes into them. They just don't get used by enough people. Not to mention the fact that faction-specific utility can be incredibly hard to balance around, especially things like beckon.

Exactly. I don't think factionals should be or are "irrelevant" but the arguably best group combat class should always ideally be non-factional for the sake of balance across the factions, and DW helped a lot there.
  • edited March 2018
    @Achilles I literally didn’t even type the word aeon until this post. Fuck is your problem?

If its my reaction to aeon on burst, that’s a highly relevant topic that’s being talked about even by members of your own faction. 

• edited March 2018
    Achilles said:
    Why do you always feel the need to throw random jabs at people not on your side, for literally no reason?

Even if that was the case (it's not), what he did in the past has zero bearing at all on the current state of things. Especially things that are as problematic as aeoning on burst.

Completely unnecessary.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited March 2018
    Pyori said:
    Achilles said:
    Why do you always feel the need to throw random jabs at people not on your side, for literally no reason?

Even if that was the case (it's not), what he did in the past has zero bearing at all on the current state of things. Especially things that are as problematic as aeoning on burst.

Completely unnecessary.
    My bad, I misattributed Morthif's quote to him (forums on mobile es no bueno).  Now having had to deal with area wide aeon, chained truenames, obnoxious snapping of aeon Dunn has earned himself a lifetime of bad aeon karma and trust me he wasn't remotely empathetic towards anyone else when he had this advantage.  There are multiple logs of him chain truenaming people so he can stfu.

Current aeon on burst doesn't bother me, I have dealt with way more broken shit in my time in Achaea.

• Lol and I’m the dickhead. 

• edited March 2018
    That doesn't really explain why you feel the need to take random jabs at everyone who isn't on your side.

I'll state it again: Something someone did in the past, does not invalidate their opinion of something in the present time. Nor does it necessitate random insults out of the blue; for someone who's so against toxic behaviour, you sure have a habit of showing it a lot yourself.

And, also, as was already stated... There's more than a handful of people in Targossas who share his exact opinion on the matter. So it not bothering you specifically... Isn't exactly relevant at all. Not only that, but I'd wager almost everyone who fights with some modicum of consistency has that opinion. Further making your random insults unneeded, as well as rather unwanted in an otherwise tame discussion.

• Achilles said:
    Pyori said:
    Achilles said:

Completely unnecessary.
    My bad, I misattributed Morthif's quote to him (forums on mobile es no bueno).  Now having had to deal with area wide aeon, chained truenames, obnoxious snapping of aeon Dunn has earned himself a lifetime of bad aeon karma and trust me he wasn't remotely empathetic towards anyone else when he had this advantage.  There are multiple logs of him chain truenaming people so he can stfu.

Current aeon on burst doesn't bother me, I have dealt with way more broken shit in my time in Achaea.

Everyone who has played IRE for any length of time has dealt with way more broken shit, that doesn't make it a good mechanic or okay. Plenty of people who advocate nerfs to certain skills will still use them mercilessly in pvp pre-nerf because it's still an advantage, and most people will exploit advantages as they can.

on another note: I'd personally be fine with both Aeon and Retardation going the way of the dodo, but that seems unlikely to happen, and re: DW/Occultist. I'd be okay with nerfs to both of them, but am not familiar enough with them to propose sensible nerfs. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Keep Aeon/Retardation, just change the way the Aeon aff functions so that it isnt so toxic to deal with.

Yay for everyone.

Nazihk said:
    Depthswalkers were specifically added to reduce the importance of factional classes because factional classes generally aren't worth the development time that goes into them. They just don't get used by enough people. Not to mention the fact that faction-specific utility can be incredibly hard to balance around, especially things like beckon.

This. Although DW were added more to supplement balance across the board for certain capabilities (beckon being one of them), rather than reduce the importance of factional classes.

Though distort still does not compare to gravehands/piety spammed everywhere...but you take what you can.
  • Asmodron said:

This. Although DW were added more to supplement balance across the board for certain capabilities (beckon being one of them), rather than reduce the importance of factional classes.

Though distort still does not compare to gravehands/piety spammed everywhere...but you take what you can.
    Relevant: Aeon was also something added to open it up to other classes, as well.

Distort spam is basically the exact same as Piet/Ghands spam. The only difference is it doesn't last near as long when the caster is out of room.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dunn said:

I got a Suremekh'neina and did something...

the unmistakable countenance of the Crone Queen
    I doubt that's all she left behind on it.
  • I blew up the ether because Hashan wanted to keep secrets.
  • Elisella said:
    I blew up the ether because Hashan wanted to keep secrets.
    Well done on proving you are indeed a brat.
  • it's all bantz m8
  • Tbf I was about 2 seconds from doing that for Oblivion as well.

• Some Hashani were definitely talking big when in the group of 20 too so it made me laugh.
  • Elisella said:
    Asmodron said:
    Elisella said:
    Then do something about it in-character. There's twenty or so people who have legitimate cause to hire on me and some thirsty Marks out there.

Had I known it was going to blow up the world, I probably wouldn't have done it. When I politely ask Hashan to stop using Hashani so that everybody can figure out a way out of the Cube-like maze, point out that I can move the entire room if I so desire, and then ask one last time, only to be met with more Hashan language, it's a legitimate response.
    Frankly administrative action should do 'something about it'. Not me.

And please stop trying to act simple (r?). You knew it was several rooms connected in a loop. You said so yourself. You knee using tsunami draws people in line of sight. You knew full well it was going to be spam.

We already know you're a brat, that was proven some time ago. Attempt not to be labeled as a liar too, unless you are claiming to be as simple as you're trying to make yourself out to be? Well then...no hope there
  • edited March 2018
    Asmodron said:
    Elisella said:
    Asmodron said:
    Elisella said:
    Then do something about it in-character. There's twenty or so people who have legitimate cause to hire on me and some thirsty Marks out there.

Had I known it was going to blow up the world, I probably wouldn't have done it. When I politely ask Hashan to stop using Hashani so that everybody can figure out a way out of the Cube-like maze, point out that I can move the entire room if I so desire, and then ask one last time, only to be met with more Hashan language, it's a legitimate response.

And please stop trying to act simple (r?). You knew it was several rooms connected in a loop. You said so yourself. You knee using tsunami draws people in line of sight. You knew full well it was going to be spam.

We already know you're a brat, that was proven some time ago. Attempt not to be labeled as a liar too, unless you are claiming to be as simple as you're trying to make yourself out to be? Well then...no hope there
    lmao take the L mate

frankly, since we were exactly 3 rooms away from ourselves, it made sense to assume it'd just beckon us all into our own room and probably pk half the people. Ther was no reason to expect it to loop infinitely.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Asmodron said:
    Elisella said:
    Asmodron said:
    Elisella said:

Its almost like... sometimes people do thing and don't think beyond the goal of that one thing.

But I mean, she's not the one trying to Flair up a God because apparently the one he has isn't good enough.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • I'm gonna hire just because of this thread soon.
  • Trey said:
    Breaking News:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Today, in a totally unique, never-before-seen circumstance that surprised literally everyone, Asmodron pretended to know more than he actually did, flipped insults like an eleven year-old (sorry @Aralaya) and acted superior from a losing position.

The shocking full story at 11. Viewer discretion is advised.
    False. My insults are better.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Just gonna say that mind sapiencing Asmodron during the entirety of this was hilarious.

OOC lies, OOC brought IC, metagaming via trying to convince everyone to issue Elisella, making up stuff IC...all just greatly entertaining. Thank you. 

• Mhaldor forum squad is a go!

Power up in the name of Sartan.

All heathens that insult or stand against us must be demolished.

We...are never wrong.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Gretchen, stop trying to make 'Khalas' happen, it's NOT going to happen!
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."