What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Dragon is a lot easier than Lord, sorry. Dragon you can walk around using 2 buttons, with the only thing you’re thinking about is what area is next. Watch your health, and not die. There is a reason people are getting it under 22, and everyone that bashed heavily talked about YouTube or Netflix or whatever.

Lord isn’t anything like that. You have to quest, figure things out, kill things (that DON’T die to dor smash), and survive the planes. Not to mention figuring out how to traverse the tree and planes to begin with.

Dragon may take longer, but imo it’s far far easier. There are going to be people that don’t get Lord in a day, they’ll take a few weeks due to playtimes or getting stuck on quests etc.

You can carry smaller people only so much. If they can’t survive, they’re going to have a rough time overall, and dying is a hard gate on how quickly you can return since you have to start from the bottom of the tree.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Hermit tarot was a savior on the tree. Fk that walk. 

• Use the warps I put up on day 1!

• Azram said:
    While I can understand the rp reasons for it to be better than dragon, I don't think it should simply due to the comparative ease of gaining it. Dragon takes a lot of work and hours put in, while I'm seeing people already have Elemental Lord. I'm not trying to say they didn't put in significant work to do so, but I'd argue that dragon is many times the sheer soul-sucking grinding that Elemental Lord likely is. Add on to that, I've seen numerous posts saying that it's possible to carry lower level people through significant portions of the quest lines, so there's that as well.
    In the scheme of things though, dragon is largely good bashing because of its tankiness, which none of the elemental lords are ever really going to compare to. When it comes to damage, which is at least as important, dragon is fairly middle of the road. I don't think that the level of ease is really a good argument when there are plenty of regular classes that are as good or better then dragon in plenty of cases already.

That's not to say elemental lord should be better then dragon, either. Just that it feels silly for any class that takes a good bit of additional effort to gain and is hyped up within the lore to be on the low end of things.
  • Cooper said:
    Use the warps I put up on day 1!
    "Don't bother making warps. Someone else will do it" - Austere
  • Austere said:
    Cooper said:
    Use the warps I put up on day 1!
    "Don't bother making warps. Someone else will do it" - Austere
    Can confirm, he literally said exactly that to me when I said we should make some.
  • Keorin said:
    In the scheme of things though, dragon is largely good bashing because of its tankiness, which none of the elemental lords are ever really going to compare to. 
    IDK.

Earth Lord is pretty fantastic.
  • You know, I'd be totally cool with dragon being an extremely tanky bashing class, and elemental being an extremely damaging (except Earth I guess) bashing class.  Right now though, air is worse than anything else I have access to (including SnB), and doesn't seem to scale with stats/arties so it's just straight bad for bashing.  Better to use your lesser class for bashing.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I only bash in lesser anyways.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Atalkez said:
    Dragon is a lot easier than Lord, sorry. Dragon you can walk around using 2 buttons, with the only thing you’re thinking about is what area is next. Watch your health, and not die. There is a reason people are getting it under 22, and everyone that bashed heavily talked about YouTube or Netflix or whatever.

Lord isn’t anything like that. You have to quest, figure things out, kill things (that DON’T die to dor smash), and survive the planes. Not to mention figuring out how to traverse the tree and planes to begin with.

Dragon may take longer, but imo it’s far far easier. There are going to be people that don’t get Lord in a day, they’ll take a few weeks due to playtimes or getting stuck on quests etc.

You can carry smaller people only so much. If they can’t survive, they’re going to have a rough time overall, and dying is a hard gate on how quickly you can return since you have to start from the bottom of the tree.
    I'm not going to disagree with the fact that dragon is far easier than Lord. I suppose I just value the significant hour investment more than the increased difficulty for much shorter time investment.
  • edited December 2017
    Azram said:
    Atalkez said:
    Dragon is a lot easier than Lord, sorry. Dragon you can walk around using 2 buttons, with the only thing you’re thinking about is what area is next. Watch your health, and not die. There is a reason people are getting it under 22, and everyone that bashed heavily talked about YouTube or Netflix or whatever.

I'm not going to disagree with the fact that dragon is far easier than Lord. I suppose I just value the significant hour investment more than the increased difficulty for much shorter time investment.
    The people who have it, have it because they worked their asses off and stayed around for ages to work out the quests. There's a reason there's far more people who don't have it, and aren't even up to the second stage of quests yet, than those who do have it.

Plus a number of the 'kill <x>' mobs have been buffed immensely since day one, making it even harder than it initially was. You can't really compare the investment required, if you don't even have Lord yourself yet, because as Atalkez said: the investment needed for Lord is most definitely not negligible.
  • Can confirm: Lord harder than dragon
  • Still gonna get it at Level 70, though, watch. Maybe 70+, because I do get textp.

So far, the increased difficulty of being low level/low health and still going after this has made it a lot of fun.

But the repeating quests and the guy not giving quests. It's just annoying now.
  • Hasn't it been like... 3 days since you could start working on elemental lord? 
  • Didn't keep track, but....

ID Quest Name Area Completions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

534 Change the Royal Beds The Alcazar 3

535 Empty the Chamber Pots The Alcazar 2

536 Sweep the Spring Vents The Alcazar 4

537 Open the Spring Vents The Alcazar 4

538 Elemental Bounty The Alcazar 2

540 Deploy the Alcazar Guards The Alcazar 2

547 Fetch Fish for Dinner The Alcazar 4

548 Mop the Kitchens! The Alcazar 5

549 Feed the Cetan The Alcazar 4

550 Serve the Meals The Alcazar 4

551 Salute Training The Alcazar 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have completed 11/26 quests in this area.

36 quests done. Am just waiting on quest 12/26, which seems to go to everyone but me. I probably need to do 40?
  • Dragon's time investment does not compare to the sheer complexity of attaining EL. It's like a case of quality > quantity. In fact, I think the only reason the first ELs got them so early was because they were already dragons -- willing to die repeatedly, for Science. And even then, as far as I know, the four Elemental Planes quests require at least some help from a dragon especially if you're not high-levelled or tanky. Which means that the true cost of EL is EL questing + Dragon grinding.
     <3 
  • edited December 2017
    Eh, almost all of the quests that I can see on Aero's end can be done by a non-dragon or asking for a dragon for help and will take, at max a week, most of it waiting for cooldowns. There's some really obscure syntaxes that add in fake difficulty.

I think you guys are seriously blowing this out of proportion, that, or the Earth quest is just a lot harder.
  • edited December 2017
    I think dragon is harder by far.  I -hate- hunting, and the time requirement.  When I was nearly 99 I spent almost three days doing nothing but hunting, and that was just for the last 5 or so levels.  This is a very nice change.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Being more tedious doesn't make something harder, though. That's like saying getting dragon is harder than beating top tier fighters in a 1v1 because the duels only take a couple of minutes.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2017
    Whether it's more or less difficult is a subjective metric that will never have consensus from everyone. Tedium is difficulty for people like me who don't have as much time as other people and because I have the attention span of a hamster.

Mashing a macro over and over is the epitome of tedium and I couldn't watch Netflix or youtube because I would forget about bashing, so I was forced to turn on an audiobook on low while trying to force myself to stay focused on bashing so I didn't forget that I was even logged in.

On the other side of the coin, tedium is easy for other people, it's just boring because there is no difficulty, so these quests seem like more of a challenge.

Can we move on from this argument now?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yes, tedium and boredom are difficult for me because I'm constantly thinking there's something better I could be doing with that time.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I would say that Dragon is harder to get largely because there is a certain minimum investment of time and dedication. This is true no matter who helps you, really.

On the other hand, Elemental Lord(at least, Earth Lord)can be gotten in a couple of days and friends can largely trivialize any real difficulty in the process.
  • Friends can trivialise dragon as well. To an even greater extent.
  • yeah just look at how Trey or I got dragon lol
  • The hardest thing about ElementalLord is the embarrassment along the way.

"You rub affectionately up against some green paste."

For real though, for someone who's nearly never done a quest outside newbie tasks (and Bop about 10RL years ago), this jazz is the business. Even if I broke down and harassed people into giving me answers several times.

Syntax guessing has been great fun and infuriating in equal measure.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Trivializing dragon is a fairly significant investment of time on the part of the friend, since it requires them to bash you up a dragon's worth of experience. There is literally nobody on this planet that I like enough to do that for. 

Assuming they're able to bash up to L80ish on their own, trivializing elemental lord just requires you to drop some hints or give some outright answers, and maybe help them clear a few hard fights.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    While I am slowly working my way toward EL (I sleep way too much at the moment because it’s the only time I am not having bronchial coughing fits) I reckon dragon was a whole lot more difficult.

My biggest frustration is the shared tasks and trying to find a quiet time to play so I can actually do more. I swing between wanting to support other people in my faction and having them all killed. Shirszae’s antics have made me log out more than once due to the frustration leading to some pretty violent coughing fits.

Trying to do this while being so ill is definitely not fun but I really appreciate the help I am getting along the way when I need to ask for it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."