What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    Wasn't the act of doing the RP worth it, or are honours lines REALLY that important? Like, they are pretty meaningless... I rarely honours people for their lines, if ever :shrugs:
    Just as important as anything in the game. Depends on each person and their outlook.
    I mean, if that is the case, probably should have put Alrena's and mhaldor's level of effort in, then, since she worked incredibly hard to make our amphora happen.
    Right, because they’ve put in so much more effort than anyone else in the event?

Let’s be serious with our suggestions yeah?
    Alrena put more effort into this event than you could possibly know, so I wouldn't say anything unless you know the facts, lest you come across as an idiot.

Unless you are pissed you had to do something you didn't like and should be extra rewarded for it? :S
  • I dont understand why several Mhaldorian players seem to be under the belief that no one else was bothering with plans of their own :/

We all were trying, trust me, it wasnt just you.

What Alrena did and succeeded, many of us also tried. She wasnt the first to think "let's try to affect the conduit". Hashan was looking into some way to do so since before the Mistral and Bataoac even woke up. This is not to try and dismiss her hard work, but to try and suggest that all the others did "nothing but bash" is really unfair...
  • Asmodron said:
    I dont understand why several Mhaldorian players seem to be under the belief that no one else was bothering with plans of their own :/

What Alrena did and succeeded, many of us also tried. She wasnt the first to think "let's try to affect the conduit". Hashan was looking into some way to do so since before the Mistral and Bataoac even woke up. This is not to try and dismiss her hard work, but to try and suggest that all the others did "nothing but bash" is really unfair...
    No one else is bitching about honours lines/city accolades.
  • edited December 2017
    Asmodron said:
    I dont understand why several Mhaldorian players seem to be under the belief that no one else was bothering with plans of their own :/

I've always said that being the ideas guy is the easiest job. Everyone can come up with ideas, but it's the execution that's difficult. Alrena did a lot more than just come up with the idea.

That said, of course having an active patron helps, too, and that doesn't take away from the fact that lots of people put in actual effort beyond 'bash elementals.' But it also meant that after the idea started out, we had a ton of other steps to fulfill, too. The idea alone didn't carry us to the end.

In either case, we're arguing that 'bash elementals' should be on the same level, in the end, effortwise. The implication behind 'well why did THEY get something' will always be 'they didn't do anything extra' which I dispute.
  •  Calm down Mhaldor brigade. I’m not shitting on anyone’s efforts, in the slightest. I’ve explained my point of view, as have several others. However that whole “well you should have put more effort in” post wasn’t called for.

My response is exactly towards that statement, nothing else. I’m not fixated on a line for myself, you’re joking right? Minifie is the one who put down efforts of others, not me.

As a whole, I don’t think any one of the main cities in this event have done more work than the others. Alrena may have done a ton, I’m not debating that. Let’s not get into what X or Y did, that’s not the point of any of this.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
     Calm down Mhaldor brigade. I’m not shitting on anyone’s efforts, in the slightest. I’ve explained my point of view, as have several others. However that whole “well you should have put more effort in” post wasn’t called for.

My response is exactly towards that statement, nothing else. I’m not fixated on a line for myself, you’re joking right? Minifie is the one who put down efforts of others, not me.

As a whole, I don’t think any one of the main cities in this event have done more work than the others. Alrena may have done a ton, I’m not debating that. Let’s not get into what X or Y did, that’s not the point of any of this.
    You and farrah both came to this thread complaining you put equal work in, we are saying you didn't, factually. Don't get into a tissy because you didn't get your special little badge and blame others for it. 
  • edited December 2017
    Idk if Minifie meant that, as much as you seemed to be arguing effort is what should justify honours lines over anything else. If that were true then Penwize should be getting honours lines regularly just for bashing!

edit: oh maybe I'm wrong about what minifie meant, lol. Anyway this is getting kinda heated for this thread so let's drop it or move it to rants imo.
  • Kiet said:
    Idk if Minifie meant that, as much as you seemed to be arguing effort is what should justify honours lines over anything else. If that were true then Penwize should be getting honours lines regularly just for bashing!

edit: oh maybe I'm wrong about what minifie meant, lol.
    I am stating that the work Alrena and Mhaldor put it was worth an accolade, while it seems Targ's was not, yet want to believe they put equal work in.
  • Kiet said:
    Asmodron said:

I've always said that being the ideas guy is the easiest job. Everyone can come up with ideas, but it's the execution that's difficult. Alrena did a lot more than just come up with the idea.

That said, of course having an active patron helps, too, and that doesn't take away from the fact that lots of people put in actual effort beyond 'bash elementals.' But it also meant that after the idea started out, we had a ton of other steps to fulfill, too. The idea alone didn't carry us to the end.

In either case, we're arguing that 'bash elementals' should be on the same level, in the end, effortwise. The implication behind 'well why did THEY get something' will always be 'they didn't do anything extra' which I dispute.

This I can agree with. With time I have come to know just how badly this is needed for certain things to be put into motion.
  • I can't really comment on if the Emissary should be reacting on greet or not (I'm not 100% on the criteria there), but I suspect it might be on a long list of things that are pending resolution. Today is going to be a bit (excessively) crazy, so don't write that off quite yet.

I will say that there are benefits/consequences for everything you guys have chosen to do so far, which will become clear. Maybe even today!
  • edited December 2017
    Ah folks, let's all take a step back and see what fun is coming in, oh, 6 hours from now ^^
  • Minifie said:
    Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:
    Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Everything I’ve said has been consistent. Targossas put in just as much effort as Mhaldor or Ashtan. Unless your post was referring to Farrah and I defending Targossas, I took it to mean we were claiming individual efforts.
    I mean, if that is true, where is the city accolade for it?
    Exactly. Targossas did as much, and got no accolade for it.

You're assuming that the only cities to get accolades were the ones who worked hard for the event. It's the same fallacy as saying the 1% are as wealthy as they are because of hard work. Sometimes, rewards do not align with the effort involved.
    You are assuming Targossas did as much work, that's where the problem lies. Sometimes, you just don't do as much as others, even if you feel you did.
    And I'm sure you are the best authority of that, being a Mhaldorian player,
    I mean, you are equally as biased, as is everyone, but at no point did I say the rewards given weren't equivilent to the effort offered, it's targ players thinking they got the shaft because "we didn't win this time :("
    I am the one saying the rewards given weren't equivalent to the effort put in, seeing as Targossas did the work for essentially nothing in return. Thus, we did, in fact, get the shaft. It really dampens the allure for any future events, personally.

And yes, bashing, for this event, is actually a lot of work considering the relative difficulty of the mobs involved and the rarity of the cores in general. Note, too, that elemental bashing wasn't the sole thing that Targossas did for the event.
     <3 
  • This conversation got out of hand pretty quick.
    Do remember the forum rules, especially the first one - While I do not want to jail anyone, I will have no qualms doing so if my hand is forced.
  • edited December 2017
    Edit: Woops sniped by spooky admin.

Tldr: Don't jump the gun quite yet this event isnt done, and rewards can come in all shapes and sizes. 
  • Wow. What ever happened to agree to disagree? :(

Btw, Alrena unquestionably put more effort into this than I did. That's why I was really happy when Mhaldor got the cool blood water and everything. To me, an accolade is minor in comparison to that and thus I wasn't at all expecting equal reward.

If accolades are for when you do something unique or cool, rather than for who filled amphoras (as many assumed), it's still frustrating for Targ that we never get an accolade whenever we do anything cool. We have almost 0 accolades. People thus felt unfairly treated. That's all! If you can't understand it, fine. But there are a number of non-Targossians who feel like we got shafted too so there's no reason to shit on Targ about it.
  • Farrah said:
    Wow. What ever happened to agree to disagree? :(

Btw, Alrena unquestionably put more effort into this than I did. That's why I was really happy when Mhaldor got the cool blood water and everything. To me, an accolade is minor in comparison to that and thus I wasn't at all expecting equal reward.

If accolades are for when you do something unique or cool, rather than for who filled amphoras (as many assumed), it's still frustrating for Targ that we never get an accolade whenever we do anything cool. We have almost 0 accolades. People thus felt unfairly treated. That's all! If you can't understand it, fine. But there are a number of non-Targossians who feel like we got shafted too so there's no reason to shit on Targ about it.

This is a fair criticism. We've not really made use of the accolade system as much as we should have, so some people have almost certainly missed out on some. It is something we'll be looking to handle better going forward.

• Something something same admins that gave the honours line to Ashtan during the Reckoning because of a bug/no reward for killing Ugrach all month

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Farrah said:

finding a horn aren't as painfully annoying and boring as bashing elementals over and over and over.

But do you know how much self-embarrassment I had to endure, walking all over the place, YODELing (the sound of Tiah, of the Golden Hair) and saying "gold" (the literal sound of "gold")?

Honours line not enough. I should get a damn statue at NoNT for that.
  • Reviewing the Accolades, im a bit surprised at the lack of them in some orgs. I expected Ashtan to have at least 3 times the current amount...there is so much to their history, being one of the oldest cities.

The summoning of the Unnamble Horror through the orphanage (and later birth of Eris from it)

The rejection of Sartan and return of Occultism at their hands through the Eschaton Experiment

The attempted rebellion and takeover of Sarranda, whom clearly was utilizing Tsol'teth magic.

The casting out of countess Belladona from Ashtan as she became a vampire.

Those are off the top of my head. I'd love to see these and more added.

Also...as a small request, could we have ACCOLADES SHALLAM added as well? I know it is gone but...it'd be so grand to be able to actually look them up and see what it accomplished...as well as its destruction.
  • Krypton said:
    Farrah said:

finding a horn aren't as painfully annoying and boring as bashing elementals over and over and over.

But do you know how much self-embarrassment I had to endure, walking all over the place, YODELing (the sound of Tiah, of the Golden Hair) and saying "gold" (the literal sound of "gold")?

Honours line not enough. I should get a damn statue at NoNT for that.
    Well, I'm sure with enough persistence you'll eventually stumble into something no god or mortal was ever meant to ken and you can have one erected right beside good old Khalas.
  • I haven't logged in much at all the last couple of weeks (a few hours total), so I'm not fully aware of what exactly happened or how much effort people - individually and as cities - put in. However, if the culmination of Targossas' efforts was worthy of a custom honours line for some random novice who happened to meet an arbitrary requirement set by the admins at the end of the event, it seems like it should have instead been worth a city accolade. If they hadn't received anything, maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation at all, but what has been said (not explicitly, and certainly not intentionally) is essentially "Yes, everything you did was worth recognising, but only the person who came in right at the end is going to get recognised, and to hell with everybody else who was involved."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2017
    There's something big happening in two hours or so. Perhaps it might do good to wait until that is over and then if you are all still unhappy -maybe- come back. Though for the sake of that novice at least you guys should temper your words a bit. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Yeah man, gratz to Kriex! Dude's basically The Rock now and shouldn't have to feel bad because you guys don't think he's worth it (you totally are, Kriex, if you're reading this. You should still be Lhex's rival because why the hell not, it'll be fun). He's having fun and should be encouraged to RP this one-time event to the fullest, not feel bad enough that he messages a godmin asking for them to actually remove this unique, cool ass honours line from his personal achievements (don't do it man, wear that thing like a badge of honour because that is literally what it is). That's just poor sportsmanship and obviously doesn't help novice retention. In an event where players below level 100 are told to basically sit around and do shit all while everyone else is doing cool stuff with elementals, this little thing makes all newbies hopeful that they can also contribute meaningfully, and so they start working towards that. And it's really not cool if the guy's own city mates are booing him, even if you guys keep saying "it's not his fault".

All around not cool. 
  • No on booed him. The topic is dead, let it go.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    No on booed him. The topic is dead, let it go.
    You're right, Targossas booed the entire event because they didn't get something as shiny as someone else.
  • edited December 2017
    I'm fine with acknowledging why Targ is upset, but the way people worded it was pretty disheartening to the novice that got the honours line, as was mentioned earlier. Try to not word your stuff in a way that does that.