What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Gods damnit Targossas...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Just for context, Arkantos just radianced a non-com in Moghedu with no justification.  We also underestimated how strong those briar knights are.
  • - 2017/10/21 18:51:09 - Erick has fallen before the might of Big Bad Wolf, Arkantos 
    Darkwing, his body consumed by a powerful surge of telepathic energy.

Unsworn Erick (male Human).
    He is 19 years old, having been born on the 24th of Glacian, 735 years after the fall of 
    the Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 894th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a Settler in Targossas.
    He is considered to be approximately 170% of your might.
    See HONOURS DEEDS ERICK to view his 1 special honours.

Pretty sure I saw this dude sparring and stuff yesterday, not sure in what world you could call a guy 170% my might in the combat house of a martial city a noncom.
  • an excuse?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • CenCen
    edited October 2017
    I don't think sparring or being in a combat house makes you open PK. Otherwise I'd be bothering a lot more people. 

And dying to something you don't understand while hunting for a reason you don't understand feels really bad -- I've been there before. Assuming that someone should know what they're doing and just jumping them is how you turn new players away from the game. No one likes to feel powerless.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited October 2017
    Armali said:
    - 2017/10/21 18:51:09 - Erick has fallen before the might of Big Bad Wolf, Arkantos 

He is 19 years old, having been born on the 24th of Glacian, 735 years after the fall of 
    the Seleucarian Empire.

Pretty sure I saw this dude sparring and stuff yesterday, not sure in what world you could call a guy 170% my might in the combat house of a martial city a noncom.
    He had no idea what radiance even was which tells you a lot about his Achaean combat knowledge.  And just because he may have wandered into a arena recently doesn't mean much, especially since Arkantos had zero reason to radiance him.
  • Armali said:
    - 2017/10/21 18:51:09 - Erick has fallen before the might of Big Bad Wolf, Arkantos 

the Seleucarian Empire.

Even if the character is a credit(retirement) dump, I'm pretty sure they're allowed to call him a noncom at least until he gets his first out-of-arena kill, or defends/raids ...
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited October 2017
    Thalak said:
    Armali said:

the Seleucarian Empire.

Even if the character is a credit(retirement) dump, I'm pretty sure they're allowed to call him a noncom at least until he gets his first out-of-arena kill, or defends/raids ...
    Was defending last night..

Killed 4, died twice. 
  • Yep, that's where I remember him from. Knew I saw him on one side of a raid, but wasn't sure if defensive or offensive.
  • Oh, well then screw him! He deserves what he got!
  • Austere said:
    Thalak said:
    Armali said:

the Seleucarian Empire.

Was defending last night..

Killed 4, died twice. 
    Clearly you should have radianced him!
  • Name: Erick
    Full name: Unsworn Erick
    City: Targossas
    House: Dawnblade
    Level: 76
    Class: Paladin
    Mob kills: 1048
    Player kills: 4
    Xp rank: 894
    Explorer rank: 1492

Unsworn is our HR1, where you learn to cure and begin to learn to fight. If you are saying all PK House members are open combat, fucking bring it on. I'll ensure every single one of your nubs dies.
  • I thought the kid (Erick) was being provocative (we spoke and realized he wasn't being so). But usually when people try to provoke me when I'm hunting I throw a radiance at them like I tried to do to Kyuu the other month... and would have done to Proficy/Hataru if they didn't have me outnumbered
  • I didn’t get that memo either. Combat house members are open Pk now? Got it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    edited October 2017
    Arkantos said:
    I thought the kid (Erick) was being provocative (we spoke and realized he wasn't being so). But usually when people try to provoke me when I'm hunting I throw a radiance at them like I tried to do to Kyuu the other month... and would have done to Proficy/Hataru if they didn't have me outnumbered
    I did what now?

Did Prof kill you when I was in the bathroom or something like Zack/Cooper did to that kid last night lol. Cause I haven't fought you in forever....
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Arkantos said:
    I thought the kid (Erick) was being provocative (we spoke and realized he wasn't being so). But usually when people try to provoke me when I'm hunting I throw a radiance at them like I tried to do to Kyuu the other month... and would have done to Proficy/Hataru if they didn't have me outnumbered
    So bother you while you're hunting if I want textp. Got it.
  • Awww f#ck....

7111h, 5850m, 35811e, 25155w cekdb[haem rop bld(190) pr]-  (2.168s) (2.169s)

A shadow dragon draws himself up, moving in utter silence to encircle your prone form. His silvery eyes gleam as he opens his mighty jaws, and you can only watch in horror as they close about your head.

The last thing you feel is a sudden, tearing motion as your head is ripped from your neck with terrific force.

You have been slain by a shadow dragon.

• Well it's a good thing Eleusis doesn't have a combat house. =)
  • Alyxeri said:
    Well it's a good thing Eleusis doesn't have a combat house. =)
    Good luck trying to convince 95% of Eleusis, though.
  • Going on a persons might is a terrible measure of combat ability. Might seems to be a combination of level and artefacts owned. Erick may be a retiree with a load of dosh, but he might just be from another game.
  • So loads of dosh to have that high might at age 19
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    So loads of dosh to have that high might at age 19
    I know! I'm jealous! :(

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    160% of my might means he's likely only missing seafaring or something like that, that goes for major and mini skills.

Not that that matters for whether or not he's a combatant or has any skill in PK, but I usually base that number off of 185% of my might being the highest I ever see and the average "full trans" people being 170% and 185% being people with seafaring or possibly trade skills (I've never actually figured out if tradeskills count - basing it off of Cooper vs. Proficy I would say it does cause Cooper doesn't have tradeskills, well ones you put lessons in, affaik and Proficy does).
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • edited October 2017
    Daeir said:
    If only the actual players who defend Eleusis actually hurt anywhere near as much as the guards do :(
    ~He says whilst never actually moving from Rally Point, ever.

eta: Sorry, I forgot you move to farrier's yard/blackstone occasionally. Please accept my apologies.
  • Daeir said:
    If only the actual players who defend Eleusis actually hurt anywhere near as much as the guards do :(

Those knights pack a punch and a half, yowza.
    How do you guys not know how much damage the knight guard type does. :p
  • 1 fight in like 6 months is still pretty close to never.

Rangor said:
    How do you guys not know how much damage the knight guard type does. :p
    Less working, more logging in. >:(