What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    We got Farrah to call for help AND use WB today too. Winning.

If I was a more malicious person, I'd WB every defilement Proficy is a part of, just because he does it to us. :(

Alas, I enjoy fighting too much. You know why I really burned you (which, I should add, wasn't really mid-fight, hence no one really dying to it; just a last ditch attempt to stop you guys).

CFH when you're raiding within guard range is just standard.

Frederich said:
    I was gonna call guards.  But I was graced when you guys came through the portal and I went "oh." and walked away very quickly lol.

Farrah also fucked up the new THING and we didn't have it for the raid >:(
    Pssh. Not going to let you say that. I turned it off to test AFTER the raid. You were the one who left it off DURING the raid. Not that it matters. That wasn't what we got it for.

I don't blame you at all. It was more to poke fun at Atalkez claiming you and him would never call guards/worldburn, and less than a few days later, you did both. (Not that you hadn't done both before several times. It was just funny timing).

• Woke up at 4am to a text from my boss to say that I don't have to come into work because we're expecting a pretty terrible storm to hit today. Win.

Attempt to raid Ashtan riding high on the rush of victory. Get stomped. Hard. But had fun! Win.

Not even 6am and Achaea has been a blast already.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Atalkez said:
    Your main combat leaders call guards, our midbies call guards. There is a vast difference.

Name one raid where Farrah/Atalkez called guards in the last year. I'll wait.
    Cooper said:
    I don't blame you at all. It was more to poke fun at Atalkez claiming you and him would never call guards/worldburn, and less than a few days later, you did both. (Not that you hadn't done both before several times. It was just funny timing).

Where did I say either of those things?

My point was it's rare for us to choose to do that, while it's become a go-to for you guys lately. Is that an incorrect statement?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You draw your bow back and let fly an arrow in the direction of Xaden.
    Your arrow strikes true!
    You have slain Xaden.

You claim the Rageblade from the cooling corpse of Xaden.
    You claim the War Veil from the cooling corpse of Xaden.
    You have successfully nullified a Champion contract that had been taken out on you!
    You just received message #2262 from Achaea.

If only I had a contract on him too.
  • That was fun. So incredibly exhausting, but fun! Tried to tank Eleusis thrice (we lost two tanks, sorry @Farrah!), finally pulled through on the last go. Not many people might like Eleusis's range style, but it's no doubt highly effective. A+

Then we went into Ashtan just for a raid. Occultists are scary, wow ow.
     <3 
  • On the same note:
    Rave: I got to dismantle two tanks today!
    Rant: I realized afterwards I don't have the tank dismantle resolution :(
  • Update on the no work situation: I, apparently, have been overcome with 'conscientious employee syndrome' and am now on my way into work because there is stuff that really needs doing today that I can't do from home.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Update on the no work situation: I, apparently, have been overcome with 'conscientious employee syndrome' and am now on my way into work because there is stuff that really needs doing today that I can't do from home.
    There's a (lot of) Guinness that'd cure that.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Took a little break from my PhD report writing to spend a moment on Achaea.

Decided to check the forums a bit and saw about 300 new posts so I was intrigued.

Turns out I could have reached level 84 instead during the time it took me to do so!

Oh well, back to writing like crazy, this month is gonna be the end of me... :bawling:

"Duty is heaver than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
  • edited October 2017
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:

If I was a more malicious person, I'd WB every defilement Proficy is a part of, just because he does it to us. :(

Alas, I enjoy fighting too much. You know why I really burned you (which, I should add, wasn't really mid-fight, hence no one really dying to it; just a last ditch attempt to stop you guys).

Frederich said:
    I was gonna call guards.  But I was graced when you guys came through the portal and I went "oh." and walked away very quickly lol.

Pssh. Not going to let you say that. I turned it off to test AFTER the raid. You were the one who left it off DURING the raid. Not that it matters. That wasn't what we got it for.

Pre setup room with vibes+harmonics+rites +runes/propping... against a group that has gotten its stuff together and know how to sync now (big props for you all recently stepping your game up)... i mean tell me one good reason i would NOT want to use our only possible wild card. I know your not complaining but honestly..... besides its just worldburn, completely possible to drop a shrine while world burn is up, if you all actually defile with corpses instead of trying to bait us out.

Oh and you dont have to worldburn apparently... mayology still does the trick against me... +cool points for the 1 on 1 defense while it lasted, im going to figure a way to survive 20 seconds if it kills me (which it is).
  • edited October 2017
    Proficy said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:

Frederich said:

Pre setup room with vibes+harmonics+rites +runes/propping... against a group that has gotten its stuff together and know how to sync now (big props for you all recently stepping your game up)... i mean tell me one good reason i would NOT want to use our only possible wild card. I know your not complaining but honestly..... besides its just worldburn, completely possible to drop a shrine while world burn is up, if you all actually defile with corpses instead of trying to bait us out.

Oh and you dont have to worldburn apparently... mayology still does the trick against me... +cool points for the 1 on 1 defense while it lasted, im going to figure a way to survive 20 seconds if it kills me (which it is).

There was one time where I left the shrine room on pilgrimage because I anticipated worldburn would be coming and we weren't ready for it. Then, we collected ourselves and rushed you 5v5 in your turtled room (on the shrine), and you still burned. I just feel like the turtling excuse is a bit disingenuous given that one.

Targ groups vary in their effectiveness, just like Mhaldor's. Sometimes, we're well-coordinated. Sometimes we aren't. I think you're selling your own faction short if you think it isn't often just as coordinated as us, though. The battlecry, impale, bite from you, Taryius, and Nylian, the locks from Saibel/Alrena or you/Cooper, etc. is all very fast and difficult to beat.

I mean, I'm like "whatever" about it all. Do what you want. But sometimes I feel like you don't see your own strengths and just assume you're outmatched.

Mayology in a 1v1 is pretty lame. I just got tired of the 5 or so rooms of gravehands and was like "Fk this."
  • We only have vibes if we have a magi (Hint: we usually don't.  We have 2 magi r/n, and one is spending his days as a serpent buttstabbing folks).  We only have Harmonics if I'm in bard (Hint: against Mhaldor I'm usually not a bard so I can survive for more than 2 seconds against DWB).

Both of these things go away if you kill the magi/bard, which is infinitely easier than dealing with the devotionist (since we have a lot of those).

Also I left the most recent engagement (even told @Melodie I was heading out to give you guys a better chance!)  and.. within a minute I hear "MOVE E SE WORLDBURN!!!!!" and then I had to come back in... so uhm...
  • edited October 2017
    Yesterday was... Interesting. The first two tanks were in pretty questionable locations... Just need people to stop calling guards, when it's not asked for. (or summoning a single guard and thinking that'll be enough...) - Probably would've been able to disarm all 3 if the tanks weren't spread out so far (time wise), and people kept their shit together.

Fred fix your fucking cantata, it's depressing seeing a long string of
    Frederich sings, "Cantata at personshield."

[spoiler]For those unaware/not paying attention, it literally says personshield... Not the name of the person he's targeting, just 'person' [/spoiler]

eta: Issam is bard, too, but he barely raids.. Seen him a few times, though. Coulda sworn there was one other, but may be misremembering (besides antonius/xaden who're always knight nowadays anyway)
  • @Alyxeri

I wasn't even in bard :(

Also rofl, I forgot to put an @ infront of personshield, so it really was just fkin useless.. IT STILL SUNG IT RIGHT WHEN I WAS IN BARD

I need to make it so that turns off when I'm not in bard, but I'm also super fkin lazy.
  • Alyxeri said:
    Yesterday was... Interesting. The first two tanks were in pretty questionable locations... Just need people to stop calling guards, when it's not asked for. (or summoning a single guard and thinking that'll be enough...) - Probably would've been able to disarm all 3 if the tanks weren't spread out so far (time wise), and people kept their shit together.

Fred fix your fucking cantata, it's depressing seeing a long string of
    Frederich sings, "Cantata at personshield."

[spoiler]For those unaware/not paying attention, it literally says personshield... Not the name of the person he's targeting, just 'person' [/spoiler]

eta: Issam is bard, too, but he barely raids.. Seen him a few times, though. Coulda sworn there was one other, but may be misremembering (besides antonius/xaden who're always knight nowadays anyway)
    To be fair, I assumed that Mycen or whoever was calling (I forget) intended to bring more. I just waited in phase until the 1st guard was moved, and instantly agro'd it and brought it to our group haha. Don't think anyone on your team thought 1 guard was gonna be enough to do anything.

• Antidas said:
    Don't think anyone on your team thought 1 guard was gonna be enough to do anything.
    Evidently at least one did, since that's all they bothered to hire... Honestly it's just 2-3 people who go off and do their own thing, without actually telling anybody, that makes shit more annoying.

Would be much easier to coordinate if people stayed together.
  • Austere said:
    Xaden said:
    a) You don't get worldburned / guarded at every opportunity.

b) You constantly choose to engage a city with more numbers than you (with the exception of this morning, funnily enough): You don't get to choose who/how many  defends when you initiate conflict.

I'm not sure what your definition of this morning is, but I'm looking at 10 defenders, 9 raiders. 

We've been guarded 2/3 times we tried to tank Targossas in the past month.  We've been burned twice this week.

We've guarded Targossas 0/x times.  We've burned Targossas 0/x times. 

(I'm not logged in always.  Numbers may vary).

This morning(for my timezone):
    Enemies: Ada, Solnir, Xaden, Issam, Tho, Vender, Achilles, Micaelis.
    Defenders: Klendathu (incompetently!), Penwize (like a one-man army).

I don't see guard movement on logs.

edit:  @Alyxeri has it on point.  I don't care how many people defend.  It's your city.  Bring every Targossian you got.  I do care about people stacking the odds beyond the already seemingly insurmountable wall in place.  Ashtan hasn't detonated a tank since Jhui left, iirc.  The last time we got close(Hashan raid), Targossas decided to intervene and deactivate(an Ashtani tank in Hashan).  Fighting 2 factions, both with numbers capable of taking us on was essentially impossible. Even Hashan wtf'd it.  I don't remember Ashtan ever deactivating a Targossian tank in any other city either. 
    Excuse you. During that raid I just ran around the city solo smudging totems in an attempt to drive up ink prices so I could benefit from a sudden surge of purchases that Ashtan's market couldn't handle. Even Klendathu noticed it, and then they came and killed me. It was really rude. :(
  • sing Lay
     <3 
  • edited October 2017
    Mathilda said:
    sing Lay

That's Fred's favorite song. I always found the lyrics pretty dry and boring, but to each their own.

(Sometimes I nonetheless feel compelled to sing along)
  • YOU GAIZ.

NO BULLY.

(Serverside curing does stupid shit whenever you have Lay on upkeep and you swap to something that doesn't have the ability to do have it up)
  • Having bard troubles? Welcome to my world. I'm still shit at combat.

• They nerfed percussia, so it's not worth doing anymore.  Like.  Ever.

Now I just dor sing impatience and jab venoms bcz im a scrub
  • edited October 2017
    Bard still amazing in groups. Pesante stun stronk when multiple people are afflicting. Can't discount accentato damage either if you're with like a priest, apo, sylvan or something (depending on faction), giving them constant mentals that aren't cured because impatience.
  • I like martellato for that juicy free prone

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Martellato all the way.

Bard aff momentum is also probably #1 in the game.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Micaelis said:
    Austere said:
    I'm not sure what your definition of this morning is, but I'm looking at 10 defenders, 9 raiders. 

We've been guarded 2/3 times we tried to tank Targossas in the past month.  We've been burned twice this week.

edit:  @Alyxeri has it on point.  I don't care how many people defend.  It's your city.  Bring every Targossian you got.  I do care about people stacking the odds beyond the already seemingly insurmountable wall in place.  Ashtan hasn't detonated a tank since Jhui left, iirc.  The last time we got close(Hashan raid), Targossas decided to intervene and deactivate(an Ashtani tank in Hashan).  Fighting 2 factions, both with numbers capable of taking us on was essentially impossible. Even Hashan wtf'd it.  I don't remember Ashtan ever deactivating a Targossian tank in any other city either. 
    Excuse you. During that raid I just ran around the city solo smudging totems in an attempt to drive up ink prices so I could benefit from a sudden surge of purchases that Ashtan's market couldn't handle. Even Klendathu noticed it, and then they came and killed me. It was really rude. :(
    When I restock inks, I buy out every city except Ashtan. Not sure what you would have achieved there.

I also miss totems. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kyrra said:
    Micaelis said:
    Austere said:

When I restock inks, I buy out every city except Ashtan. Not sure what you would have achieved there.

I also miss totems. 

The key point there is Micaelis noticed me. I'm relevant, finally!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TIFU by saying "Things we no" Instead of "Things we know" in a newspost and not catching it in the proof reading stage.

Forever immortalized haha.