What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• What I actually said is if you burn people's goodwill towards you, then don't expect anyone to go out of their way to be nice! That's pretty different from 'we hate fighting fair' or 'we'll do whatever it takes to win.' Feel free to continue interpreting that in any way you want, though, I don't care that much.
  • Except Atalkez didn't say anything that remotely resembled 'we hate fighting fair'.

Good job, though.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited October 2017
    Xaden said:
    Except Atalkez didn't say anything that remotely resembled 'we hate fighting fair'.

Good job, though.
    Misrepresenting what people said is bad? :open_mouth:
  • edited October 2017
    Bro I didn’t misrepresent anything you said, you’re welcome to pull Discord logs of the convo. If I’m wrong, I’m okay with admitting it. Put your money where your mouth is.

edit: @Halos I’m sorry :cry:

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Yes. You should probably not do it.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Xaden said:
    Except Atalkez didn't say anything that remotely resembled 'we hate fighting fair'.

Good job, though.
    Wasn't Atalkez who said this, was Farrah a page or so back in response to my thing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • All of my recent experiences with Targossas have been negative.

The 18v8 raid a week ago is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while.

You've said some very disgusting things on Discord as well Atalkez, you don't get to act like a saint here because you are very far from it.

Every Worldburn that I have seen (qualifier here, just to repeat: that I have seen) has been warranted. Targossas has been defiling in large groups lately when we don't have many around. When there is only 2-3 there, we have to plan for the other 3-4 that are inevitably going to earring in.

There is nothing ever wrong with calling for help when you're being raided. It is your responsibility as raiders to remove that option (hint: you did a great job of that in your 18v8 raid - the piety/retardation/silence in the 5 surrounding rooms ensured we couldn't put up a defense).

If you want to sit down OOC and hash some agreements out I'm fine with that, but as of lately the behavior of Targossas has not been fun to play against and I'm not going to order no guard or Worldburn use just because you don't think it is fair. 

• I just wanna say that if I'm ever being griefy/doing shit that makes it not fun to play a game, please let me know, IC or OOC. 
    It's a game, I'm here to have fun, you're here to have fun, if we're griefing we can't have fun.
  • Yes we can :( 

It's just only one side's having fun!
  • I've been worldburned when it was just Xaden, Nuala, and myself defiling. :D
     <3 
  • Not a single person in this game wouldn't worldburn Xaden tho
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I think that's how I got him in Twins
  • imo guards should be used before a sanction and you can't defend but the raiders won't leave or after tank is blown and raiders still won't leave.

that being said there are counters to guards but perhaps there could be more? for example walls stopping guards from moving a certain direction.
    spread positivity
  • edited October 2017
    Totally didn't read any of the previous bits. Just wanted to chime in and thank @Klendathu and @Penwize for leading us on a hell of a chase through Ashtan during my slow morning at work. We didn't start with much beyond Ada and Vender saying "hey, wanna see what Ashtan is up to?" and suddenly we're there and I'm trying to figure out what aliases I have at my super outdated system. It turns out I had nothing for my bow, so I went with my other options. I learned to look before I lunge - literally - into guard stacks. Died like four times before lab meeting. Brightened up my morning!

EDIT: And additionally chiming in while I can still edit, I don't believe either side is intending to grief the other as a whole. All sides need players and all players want to have fun, and making the call about whether or not to sit out can be tricky when objectives/gems/veils/etc. are involved. I can tell you that we know we have a lot of people right now who all want to participate, and with sides not exactly being easy to swap around, it's hard to convince people to stay out. I've been dropping my arties on some newer folks (@Mezghar for instance) to give them a chance to play and keep things fairer, but it's not always possible.

• I never claimed to be a saint, however I don’t go out of my way to make the other team pissed at me. In fact it’s largely quite the opposite. I don’t think I was there for that raid, I can’t recall. 

You mention large groups of Targ defilers, but you guys defiled 25 shrines over the night when our pop is the lowest, so hard to quantify who is “worse”. It’s cyclical.

This isn’t a new thing though. For whatever reason the outlook of Mhaldor is that we are worse, while our outlook is the same in reverse. Has been this way since before the war started.

I’m all for being better to each other, no issues at all there. Come to us with some suggestions, I’m sure we can work something out.

I’ve known your team for years, even played alongside some of you for a time. It’s not like we just want to strangle each other all the time, lol. Everyone wants fun fights.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • This' why the Eu/aussie timezone is the best time to play. ;)
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Kiet said:
    Not a single person in this game wouldn't worldburn Xaden tho
    I wouldn't. Do I have to quit city now?
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Holy fucking shit, you guys just can't drop a retarded fucking topic. Can you all stfu about guarding and raiding? People raided, people died, people won. Someone's feelings got hurt. Man the fuck up, drop the subject and stop spamming this topic with the shit spewing from your fingers.

Today: I got Logosian! Yay!
  • sounds like you need to take a break, Thalak. You're obviously very upset and it's affecting your ability to have a meaningful discussion. I suggest netflix to cool you off while we continue with the topic at hand
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    And especially not with the words 'drop a' in front?

Definitely misread the subject matter in: 'drop a retarded'.
  • Krypton said:
    Definitely misread the subject matter in: 'drop a retarded'.
    You hear Tesha yell in the distance, "Did someone say drop retardation?!"
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Antidas said:
    Yeah, the comments about how Ashtan never used to interfere in raids like that are pretty hilarious. You guys literally used to call yourselves "Ashtan world police" on OOC clans.

You know I'm pretty sure that most if not all of the members of the Ashtan World Police are either dormant or no longer active raiders :x

• Rangor said:
    This' why the Eu/aussie timezone is the best time to play. ;)
    Hashan is where it's at..

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You stand up.
    Narrowing your gaze upon Rangor, you take stock of his current injuries.
    He suffers from 0 skull fractures.
    He suffers from 0 wrist fractures.
    He suffers from 0 cracked ribs.
    He suffers from 1 torn tendons.
    He is attempting to parry blows directed at his head.
    Throwing your full weight into the motion, you bring a gargantuan dragonbone warhammer across in a 
    terrible blow toward Rangor's right leg.
    The final blow proves too much for Rangor, who falls to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
    You have slain Rangor.

I enjoyed that, although were expecting you guys to come back ...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited October 2017
    Flew into Hashan because Karren/Vender called for help.

Got killed within like 3 seconds of being targeted because double shaman and alchemist is PAIN.

It was a pretty fun/eventful day overall.

I keep forgetting I have a bow though (or it doesn't matter because ret), so I need to work on that. :(
  • Sobriquet said:
    Rangor said:
    This' why the Eu/aussie timezone is the best time to play. ;)
    Hashan is where it's at..

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You stand up.
    Narrowing your gaze upon Rangor, you take stock of his current injuries.
    He suffers from 0 skull fractures.
    He suffers from 0 wrist fractures.
    He suffers from 0 cracked ribs.
    He suffers from 1 torn tendons.
    He is attempting to parry blows directed at his head.
    Throwing your full weight into the motion, you bring a gargantuan dragonbone warhammer across in a 
    terrible blow toward Rangor's right leg.
    The final blow proves too much for Rangor, who falls to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
    You have slain Rangor.

I enjoyed that, although were expecting you guys to come back ...
    We stayed around until you started summoning guards. Didn't have enough army members for a tank, so no reason to stay for a guardrush.  Was fun though! Quite even fighting.
  • I was a little put out at the guards call, but given we were so unorganised at the start and the person who did call them was logged on with no system, I understood why from his POV.

Was surprised to see you in, don't forget to come back :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • For someone who has hardly done much combat, I have never had so many people chasing after me and killing me before! If I ran from the Targossians in the Nishnatoban crusade, I would run into the Mhaldorians and if I ran from the Mhaldorians, I would run into the Targossians. It is like choosing who I would rather die to.  >.<

The crusade was great fun in spite of the deaths, and I got to explore Nishnatoba fully after that. Thanks for inviting me along, @Rangor!

• Good grief, recently this thread sounds more like Rants than it does of it's actual title. 

I said things, I did things, and I killed things. I heard whispering voices. I drank tea. That's what happened to me today.