What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    edited October 2017
    Cooper said:
    You should probably take a break from both that forums and the game, this is not healthy behavior. 
    Defending yourself from harassment is not healthy behavior? Well I'll be honest, I don't agree with that. Think I'm crazy or that something is wrong with me. Whatever, I don't control your head and you don't control mine. I've heard it a million times before but I try to drop an issue and people keep pushing it. I'm trying to stop this bullshit but people keep responding about it. Stop. 
  • Revised to a week and a bit now.
    edited October 2017
    Morthif said:
    Cooper said:
    You should probably take a break from both that forums and the game, this is not healthy behavior. 
    Defending yourself from harassment is not healthy behavior? Well I'll be honest, I don't agree with that. 
    The forums are great at turning into a negative feedback loop. It was always pretty common to recommend new people avoided them for the first few months for that very reason. 

Take solace in knowing a number of people contacted me today showing concern for what happened and realize you won't find any happiness on the forums.
    Had no idea some of the players were like this. Whatever, I don't make the same mistake twice. I'm learning a lot from this. A hell of a lot. Thank you Morthif for coming to calm me down. Thanks man, you have a thing for doing that. Now I see people's true colors I'm trying to diffuse it and let it go here. I'm not trying to start fights on the forum but I let people walk on me when I was younger and I'm never letting it happen again, no matter where or what. Let the people in charge do what they will do and let it go. I'm not trying to fight here on the forum, I'm trying to drop this and let it. 
  • Nobody is against you. They're telling you to chill the fuck out, and stay away from the forums for a while, since it quite clearly isn't helping you.

Surely you can see that, if you read how you're responding to people.
  • What the.. that's not what he said at all holy crap.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    edited October 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Nobody is against you. They're telling you to chill the fuck out, and stay away from the forums for a while, since it quite clearly isn't helping you.

Surely you can see that, if you read how you're responding to people.
    Its hard for me to read people. I'm trying to chill out and let this go. I really am. I just responded to someone posting about having a necklace of my shrunken head who I'm feuding with, made sure it wasn't some OOC issue and I'm trying to let it go. I'm not going to sit here and be a source of entertainment to strangers. 
    Torinn said:
    What the.. that's not what he said at all holy crap.  
    Huhm?
  • But some people think this is a fucking funny freakshow and want to hop in and harass over it. 
    Literally nobody has done that.

Cooper said what I said.

Antidas/Hataru said if you're breaking rules, then people aren't gonna bat an eye if you get forumbanned. That isn't jabbing specifically at you, that's stating the truth. If people (note: I'm saying PEOPLE. Not if YOU SPECIFICALLY) break rules, then they deserve to be forumbanned, as the rules dictate. It's not something to fuss over.

Morthif was actually sticking up for you, jsyk. Way to badmouth the fuck out of him.
    edited October 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    But some people think this is a fucking funny freakshow and want to hop in and harass over it. 
    Literally nobody has done that.

Cooper said what I said.

Antidas/Hataru said if you're breaking rules, then people aren't gonna bat an eye if you get forumbanned. That isn't jabbing specifically at you, that's stating the truth. If people (note: I'm saying PEOPLE. Not if YOU SPECIFICALLY) break rules, then they deserve to be forumbanned, as the rules dictate. It's not something to fuss over.

Morthif was actually sticking up for you, jsyk. Way to badmouth the fuck out of him.
    Badmouth him? I didn't badmouth him at all. I thanked him for calming me down. Where the fuck are you coming from? "Thank you Morthif for coming to calm me down. Thanks man, you have a thing for doing that. " That's total bullshit if you think I am trying to put down ANYONE who comes by to help me. I won't stand for that at all. 

Don't worry about whatever nonsense got written before. That's not what is here. Morthif is great and I have nothing but respect for him. 
  • edited October 2017
    I saw what you said before you edited your post, as did others as evidenced by Torinn's post. You really need to relax.
  • edited October 2017
    It is possible the necklace was only coded with two states ( head/heads or no heads) and doesn’t have a single head state which is why it still says ‘are’ instead of ‘is’.
    edited October 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    I saw what you said before you edited your post, as did others as evidenced by Torinn's post. You really need to relax.
    I am trying to relax. Sorry for whatever bullshit came before because I can't think clearly all the time and sometimes write down shit before I fully understand it. Yeah, I misread, I misresponded. I am sorry for that, I feel awful about it because I HATE showing any level of disrespect to someone who has done nothing but respect me.  I fixed that and corrected my mistake, very quickly. This really all needs to just stop and vanish. Just drop it and I'll drop it too. I want to fix my mistakes, not exacerbate them. 
  • Tahquil said:
    It is possible the necklace was only coded with two states ( head/heads or no heads) and doesn’t have a single head state which is why it still says ‘are’ instead of ‘is’.
    Exactly. They fixed it today for me actually!
    edited October 2017
    Truax said:
    Tahquil said:
    Exactly. They fixed it today for me actually!
    Yay! 
  • Alyxeri said:
      I want to fix my mistakes, not exasperate them. 
    I do believe 'exacerbate' (to make worse) is the word you were looking for. Not 'exasperate' (to irritate/infuriate).
    Alyxeri said:
    Alyxeri said:
      I want to fix my mistakes, not exasperate them. 
    I do believe 'exacerbate' (to make worse) is the word you were looking for. Not 'exasperate' (to irritate/infuriate).
    Ah yeah, my bad, hehe. Thanks. 
  • Yesterday I decided to do errands in the morning instead of logging in. I forgot I had to put more money in my bank account for my miners in the morning. That is a whole lot of lost platinum ore :(
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    oh man I can't tell you the number of times that's happened to me :(

• Yeah just for the record, my comment was not intended to be insulting. I was simply pointing out a fact, like Alyxeri stated. I haven't heard Ryldagh's side of the issue, but if yours really is 100% accurate, then I'm really and truly on your side of this. I was simply pointing out that talking about an ongoing issue on forums may quite literally detract from your chances of winning the issue with admins, if only because they don't like having their own rules broken and that might sway their opinion of you. Unfortunately, even admins have bias - its can't be helped, human nature and all.

Even if it didn't appear that way, I was and am trying to give you important advise that is not meant to be provocative or insulting. On that note, I really really think it would do you some good to take a break from the forums, if only as long as this issue persists. Try to enjoy the game and not worry too much about what people are saying here. Even if its really mean stuff, people will always eventually forget about it.

• The blade hunting fun continues with "Stinging Gorillas"! I mean, do gorillas even sting...? :astonished:

"Duty is heaver than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
  • You wouldn't be asking that if you have ever been punched in the face by one.
  • Ladon said:
    The blade hunting fun continues with "Stinging Gorillas"! I mean, do gorillas even sting...? :astonished:

No, but they have been known to be a little sarcastic

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    edited October 2017
    Antidas said:
    Yeah just for the record, my comment was not intended to be insulting. I was simply pointing out a fact, like Alyxeri stated. I haven't heard Ryldagh's side of the issue, but if yours really is 100% accurate, then I'm really and truly on your side of this. I was simply pointing out that talking about an ongoing issue on forums may quite literally detract from your chances of winning the issue with admins, if only because they don't like having their own rules broken and that might sway their opinion of you. Unfortunately, even admins have bias - its can't be helped, human nature and all.

Even if it didn't appear that way, I was and am trying to give you important advise that is not meant to be provocative or insulting. On that note, I really really think it would do you some good to take a break from the forums, if only as long as this issue persists. Try to enjoy the game and not worry too much about what people are saying here. Even if its really mean stuff, people will always eventually forget about it.
    Sorry, was a bit loose and scrambled there and not thinking clearly. Thank you. I wasn't aware of that rule I was breaking; now I am and won't break it any further. I'm still learning everything here, only been playing for a few months. I'm not looking to create problems. I love this damn game with all of my heart and soul; it is very important to me. The last thing I want is this taken away.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I've been working on this scarf for a few days now, which is part of why I've been scarce IG... it looks funny but I can't put my finger on it. Keep wondering what I'm doing wrong but not entirely sure cause I'm a newb... suddenly realise I've been adding an extra step for every stitch. this damn thing is already 20 inches long lol which is almost the halfway point, I'm not pulling it apart to start over.

• Alyxeri said:
    Fun fights with Mhaldor! Started with me and @Rangor fighting @Proficy and @Locki in Annwyn.. They went back down (with Crixos I think) so we were like "no thanks!" since @Lyrin ditched us shortly before, 2v3 with 2 apostates is yuck.

So they decided to be meanies and kill our shrines since we didn't go back after them, and then Lyrin came back, yay... And Darrod helped and we died cause 0 organisation. Then @Leviticus joined and it just became a huge clusterfuck, and @Mycen and @Ashmond joined and made it even worse.

I think we came out ahead, after all the back and forth, sorry for some of the underhanded tactics, I think we'd have gotten rekt if we didn't :(

It was still fun! Small group fights is so much more enjoyable than 12 on 12 raids where half of it is just dying to LoS. Yay early morning fights, that aren't massively in favour of one side!
    I don't know why Crixos wasn't shielded...
  • edited October 2017
    Woke up to a guard raid on a 1 person cwho.  Yikes.

Yikes.