What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I would rather have two very active and dedicated individuals than 100 slackers.  Slackers reflect poorly on a House which is dedicated to being the "voices of the Bloodsworn".  Combat House, sure.  Social hanging out and doing random stuff House, sure.  Harbingers, not so much.  We won't see eye to eye on this, as I said before it's a divisive topic where you're one way or the other.  There isn't much of a middle ground.  Some people just overreact to someone else being cast from a House.  Additionally, it's entertaining to me how so many people complain about nobody doing anything in their House and yet won't take steps to correct it.  As I've said before, this has been literally months in the doing and people have had -plenty- of time to do something about it if they even just logged in and checked their news/messages.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited July 2017
    If history is any indicator, two very active and dedicated people is about what you're gonna be left with, but you do you. I have no investment in the situation either way and hope that you do succeed in creating the environment you want.
  • edited July 2017
    If the person who mostly slacks off and goes to cyrene to get really drunk and do mudsexing helps out in fights every once in a while, it doesn't seem the same to me as a person who gives prayers occasionally but also does the same.  In my eyes, the Harb doing what the fighter does is undoing the work of the rest of the House because it depends so much upon what other people see and think.  Everybody judges us based on the collective.  We are the "voice of the Bloodsworn" but that guy over there is also a voice and he's whoring about!  But he does prayers every once in a while so it's okay?  It detracts from the work that the -actually- active members are doing.  The honest truth is this is 90% IC anyways, so </forumRP>  I don't have much more to say on the topic. 
  • edited July 2017
    Doesn't seem very 'divisive' over here. Seems like 1 person has an opinion that only they believe is correct, while... Virtually everyone else disagrees.

This is how mutiny starts, and captains get hung from the bowsprit. :open_mouth:
    [spoiler] Or Nymeria Sand [/spoiler]
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ultimately it's Torinn's prerogative to run his house how he sees fit. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. Don't like it? Don't join it.

What did I do today? Seemingly endless loops of Ageiro to (unsuccessfully) try to get more orbcenters and atlatl pieces.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • You seem to think, that by these people -not being online- that they cast a bad image on the house. If someone had refused to do work while being online a fair amount then yeah, kick them out. But by people not logging in does literally nothing for or against the house.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited July 2017
    Except if they come back and throw their weight around, often at high rank, and enact changes without being current on what is going on or where we are with our understanding.  There is danger there.  Besides, they know how to rejoin if they want.  None of their work has disappeared nor their contributions, they will resume whatever position they had if they wish and can show they just won't poof again in three days.  I'm trying to build a culture here in this House, and sometimes difficult decisions have to be made.  I don't expect people to agree or understand.  Additionally, I take peoples' advice and consider it, but ultimately it's my decision.  The burden of leadership and all that.
  • Yawn, new topic please.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Farrah said:
    Atalkez said:
    Yawn, new topic please.

Do you even still go here? I thought you were being ousted for not logging in...

Ok, ok, I'll stop. -cough-
    :( I'm alive, have log notes to prove it!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I went hunting yesterday.
  • GLOBES HAPPENED.

The globe splits open to reveal a staff of illusion!
    The special globe prize has been claimed!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4140 gold sovereigns, a group of 35 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

• edited August 2017
    A whirlwind of a day...
    First I wake up to a text from my mother, that she's been hospitalised after having a heart attack...

Then Achaea is nice to me for once.
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a Hunter's Belt!

• Globes are back?

Well, I won't be logging in this month. Temptation too strong.

• edited August 2017
    I got an unusual hourglass, any idea what that does?

I also got 2 caches. I'm not collecting any talismans but unsure whether to sell them, or open and sell the pieces. I read the announce and it seemed to indicate that the blackwave pieces trade in for 250cr each, is that right, seems very high..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited August 2017
    Got the answer on the hourglass:

The replacement of mundane sands with a vapourous measure allows this strange hourglass to forego 
    the traditional motif. Instead, a winding serpentine of glass crafts the passage for the sinuous 
    smoke, its twists and turns shape an ouroborous effect between two clear holding spheres. Caging the 
    elaborate construct are two roughly-shapen men of clay each clasping an orb between which time's 
    measure is both equally accepted and forsaken. The crudely-worked earthen forms and the polished 
    tubing create a scene of jarring juxtaposition.
    The sands are not currently flowing through the hourglass.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Sobriquet.
    It will reset to you.
    8360h, 6676m, 30308e, 31140w cexkb-31.4- 11:35:11.352 0 0-0 0 0-0turn hourglass for 1 minute
    That is not a valid amount of time.
    8360h, 6676m, 30338e, 31122w cexkb-31.4- 11:35:21.358 0 0-0 0 0-0turn hourglass 1 minutes
    You turn an unusual hourglass over, timing the sand as to finish falling in 1 minute.

And re-read the announce on the caches, I clearly misunderstood the trade in values!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I got a nice message from @razzlo as he has since retired, so now I know what people mean when they say so and so is gone and retirement is crap.  However, if he is happier, and fines a new life in the realms then I am happy for him.
  • One of these days globe top/middle/bottoms will be brought back
  • Is that what these things are?

1 a globe's bottom                       1     Wonders    globebottom
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Solnir said:

Globes are back?

Well, I won't be logging in this month. Temptation too strong.

... Shalana, Shirszae, Solnir, Sylphie, Talamond....
    Plus another 21 whose presence you cannot fully sense (100 total).

"The lie detector determined, THAT was a lie."  - Maury Povich

• Shhhhhhhhhhh I have to get ready for the foozle
  • I don't forums much at all, really. But today I died 11 times in a row to @Austere who patiently dispatched me over and over until I learned somewhat basic Magi curing, he even took off his arties for the last fight and I still lost!
    Then @Morthif stepped in when Austere felt too awful about killing me so many times and I managed to defeat him and gain 10% back.

Altogether I lost something like 24% but managed to only be down 14% by the end. So yay! Thanks for the good fights!
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited August 2017
    Vika said:
    I don't forums much at all, really. But today I died 11 times in a row to @Austere who patiently dispatched me over and over until I learned somewhat basic Magi curing, he even took off his arties for the last fight and I still lost!
    Then @Morthif stepped in when Austere felt too awful about killing me so many times and I managed to defeat him and gain 10% back.

Altogether I lost something like 24% but managed to only be down 14% by the end. So yay! Thanks for the good fights!
    Evidently, I've bought a few arties without updating my drop alias.  I still had level 1 con and str,  robes, and suremhkunamatata. I purposely kept diadem too, so don't chalk it up as too fair.(@Vika)
  • You can just use REMOVE|WEAR ARTEFACTS to take off/put on all arties.
  • Dunn said:
    I am a degenerate.
    Agreed.