What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• I've been trying for months to get @Austere to quit his job and leave his family so we can start meaningful combat earlier in the day but he's just so damn selfish about it. We all know the outcome of our order poking the restless Targ's order is going to end very badly for us. It wasn't our decision to do it but I understand why we are doing it.

The few fights we had were a lot of fun but you just have way more people to call in then we do. As for the crusade, me standing alone at my master shrine should tip you off that I expected it and had no hard feelings about it. As for the three hour warning it could of been seventy-two hours and it would of still been me alone I think.

let's just try and have some fun while you step on our throats okay?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2017
    Morthif said:
    I've been trying for months to get @Austere to quit his job and leave his family so we can start meaningful combat earlier in the day but he's just so damn selfish about it. 

As for the crusade, me standing alone at my master shrine should tip you off that I expected it and had no hard feelings about it. As for the three hour warning it could of been seventy-two hours and it would of still been me alone I think.

let's just try and have some fun while you step on our throats okay?
    Me and my responsibilities.  Such a dick move on my part.

I was expecting complete destruction of our shrine network. Crusade wasn't even extra work for me!  You guys deserved it for all those shrines day one.  Reading logs that first day, I was torn between dreading it for you guys and finding it hilarious. I hope it hurt, really really bad. 

Friday night so there might be >5 Targossians when I wake up.  Need an excuse to not login.

Edit: Go back to sleep, @morthif. It's too early.  
  • Sobriquet said:
    Nazihk said:
    So, 1?
    How very dare you!

It was 2*

*I think. I had so much Talisker inside me I could have been waltzing around Cyrene with Aegoth in a dress for all I know. 
    Talisker Storm is probably in my top 3 scotches, well played. Second is Laphroaig, first is Ardbeg Uigeadail

Farrah said:
    People were just responding to you and Caelan's shittalking. I don't think anyone really cares about the stuff being done.

"Family" and "work" are convenient excuses though. I know @Austere is just terrified of me and logs in right after I go to sleep every day on purpose. -eye-
    Can confirm. I'm brave, not stupid.  I also hate player interaction, so I try to time it to where almost everyone goes to bed ten minutes after I wake up.  It really cuts down on the work load of being house leadership. 
  • I miss trolling @Austere and @Morthif and playing with @Jadys. :(

i'm a rebel

edited June 2017
    My kid also "fusses" conveniently in the middle of fights. :( I try not to smile anymore when I play.  It's like they can sense fun. 

Edit: how do image
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Though word of warning: Commingling "Games" and "Sleep" is how Iniar lost 680k...
  • Frederich said:
    Morthif.

We did a crusade.  You're a smaller order with your people in a ton of different cities.

"fun/fair fight" is lol worthy at best, and sad at worst.  You pop in when we have 2-3 actual defenders with Jadys, Austere, You.  Sometimes Ryzan pops in, or Dunn/Jhui.  You uproot our totem.  We try to fight back a bit, but you've got the entire place vibed up and shit.  Anyone not involved trying to walk into targ (and is a targossian?)  PEW PEW you kill them.

We just let you uproot?  We spend the next 2 hours trying to implant because you keep attacking up while we implant.

Usually you attack when Targossas is at it's weakest, and, usually, literally just me + laniara (if that).  I wouldn't take that 3v2 from auto-bot occultist / Cata Squad any day of the week.  Maybe with Xaden.  maybe.

Also you've been defiling when we have no defenders about.  Caelan's been gloating about it, too.  So don't try to talk about bringing 'fair fights' lol.
    @Jadys, @Austere, @Morthif, @Jhui, @Dunn... it's almost like.. that isn't about the Order at all.  Especially when I ask if they need help and tell me it is a city thing and to butt out.

Ok - from the tippy top.
    However, where it came to the Order, The inital contact was - we defiled and you brought the same number as us (at least half of us aren't "combat ready" either) almost immediately.  When you died, you brought 2:1 (good for you).  Got some good licks in, and then rather than leave it alone, attacked the Temple.  almost like you were encouraging further contact or something (crazy, I know).  When we evened the odds, you brought MORE, and died.  Then you went and ganked in 8v2 (or 3?) and 4v1.  So don't cry about having no defenders about. You showed initially with as many as we had iirc and engaged and then KEPT engaging so we kept defiling.

I actually haven't been gloating about it really.  Responding to snarky/posturing shouts, (@Micaelis <3 ) sure.  But certainly not gloating. At our strongest we had 5 or 6.  You had 9.  Oh, maybe a couple of those shouts were mildly cocky, but we had bested your best with less so... :D  Sounds like you're just mad I out-shouted you :D

NOW.. If in the last 20-24 hours something went down, I haven't even really been logged in.  I had to leave right around the time the Crusade was initiated by Xaden and actually get some work done (benefit of computer forensics job is that it takes hours for disks to image so I have some downtime at work) .  I haven't logged in since and probably won't be able to again for the weekend, unless I can't sleep because, like Austere, I have a family that is infinitely more important than the game. So if someone has been dropping shrines in off-peak, I have no knowledge of it, and certainly haven't been / wouldn't be gloating over it. But I also won't say you don't deserve it. And the argument could be made that, given the entirety of Targossas is now involved (I know.. it's a theocracy yadda yadda .. but this was originally an Order v Order thing), it makes tactical sense to handle our business when we have the opportunity and ability for success.

@Xaden I just found the timing interesting because it *appeared* to match up with the same time as the day before when most of us weren't there/had left.. ie: I left work around 6pm EST and we had 2 people on, the Crusade was initiated at 3pm when you had been on all morning.  I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt though.  You had a funny AF shout the other day anyway.  I'd leave it be for that alone.

tl;dr  
    get a straw and suck it the fuck up.  git gud. Crai moar amirite?

• Austere said:
    My kid also "fusses" conveniently in the middle of fights. :( I try not to smile anymore when I play.  It's like they can sense fun. 

Edit: how do image
    Oh.. they do.  Especially if "quality time" is fun.   Welcome to hell bro.  Next stop, 18 years from now. :P 

• Tesha said:
    I miss trolling @Austere and @Morthif and playing with @Jadys. :(
    I've no idea who you are(I know, it's sad), but you have to troll all three of them at the same time!  :p
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ryzan said:
    Tesha said:
    I miss trolling @Austere and @Morthif and playing with @Jadys. :(
    I've no idea who you are(I know, it's sad), but you have to troll all three of them at the same time!  :p
    Solid burn. :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Caelan said:

Oh, maybe a couple of those shouts were mildly cocky, but we had bested your best with less so... :D  

Let's not get carried away. I wasn't even there.

Would love to do some Deuc v Aegis order only fights, but our people don't seem to play at the same times. :(

We'd also probably be fighting 4v6 or so, but I'm all for it!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Farrah Deuc v Aegis would be better. :innocent:

Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Farrah Deuc v Aegis would be better. :innocent:

Too ez. Trying to make it a contest.
  • Atalkez said:
    You quickly assemble Suremekh'neina.

YES
    Congrats bro!!!
  • Krypton said:
    Though word of warning: Commingling "Games" and "Sleep" is how Iniar lost 680k...
    It's pretty trippy; you dream about killing things, your bosses, your clients, and then suddenly...

TEXT LINES FOR DAYS.
  • Poor Dawnblade..
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tahquil said:
    Two years ago I was scrambling to buy dragon pieces to put together a elder dragon set for Aerek's 300th birthday. It cost me a decent chunk of credits but I was able to draw everything together in time thanks to a lot of people.

When I say two years, I mean two years nearly to the day. I'll have to check exact dates but I think I might be 2-10 days premature.

Today I finished a elder set for myself. This time I gave myself the challenge to not buy any of the pieces. A handful of pieces were donated, but most of the pieces were either traded or hunted up. Thanks goes out to the players willing to trade piece-piece instead of asking for gold/credits.

I am pretty stoked.
    Welcome to the "completed the dragon talismans set without buying any pieces" club (might need to work on the name!) On to the Azatlan set next (I completed that without buying any pieces too) :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Failed math; ship trade route became longer than necessary.

WTB cargo exchange that's just 1:2 and 2:1 all the way to the end. :(
     <3