What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Talroth said:
    How it felt for me fighting against Eleusis in the crusade.

Image result for fight in the shade gif
    This' what happens when you let then talk you into wielding a totem. :)
  • The throne room of Sidhe Court (indoors).
    There are 2 fairy Knights of Sidhe here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. An air of 
    regal nonchalance surrounds the seated form of Oberion, King of the Fairies as he lounges within his 
    throne here. Rhyannon, Queen of the Fairies reclines in her tiny crystal throne here.
    You see a single exit leading south.
    A fairy Knight of Sidhe gives you a respectful salute.

LOL

• Atalkez said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4axUPhmw

Had fun fighting Eleusis 3vX - 10-13 or something of them, not sure the final count.

21-21, I'll take it!

That was a good time!  Also, this:  Thanks

In your mind's eye, you see Atalkez crushed by your meteor.
    You have completed the You Shall Fall resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #510 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 3 mementoes!
    You have slain Atalkez.
    [SLAIN] Atalkez

• Ozmatiah said:
    You have achieved the status of Legendary Blacksmith and are one of the most storied craftsman in 
    the history of Achaea.
    Just wait. Now you too can be told you overcharge people if you don't give Embrasures for free!

I mean, it's not like the haul to Legendary cost you anything, right?!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited May 2017
    It costs like 5 steel to add embrasures. Sorry that I'm not into charging 500% that steel cost.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Got my embrasure for free for Kyrra's armour but gladly paid 250k gold on an alt. I recognise how expensive it is it to raise smithing that high and thought it was an acceptable amount to pay.

Guess it just comes down to who you talk to and whether you want to acknowledge the value of the service you're getting.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Jonathin said:
    It costs like 5 steel to add embrasures. Sorry that I'm not into charging 500% that steel cost.
    At just 500% of steel cost the smith can't reasonably make any profit, unless they had every active character in the game buying embrasures from them. The cost of the materials is basically irrelevant compared to the cost to gain the ability in the first place.
  • I paid in between 10 credits, 100k to 300k gold for my 5 ambrasures. I would have hoped it's free but this is high end value must attract high end prices!

Next up. Please sell artefact pryalls @Nicola @Makarios
  • Achaea is full of people who don't understand how to value their time or investments.
    edited May 2017
    Who gives a shit? I said it before and I'll say it again. I know perfectly well how to value my time and spiting all of the the Coopers and Kiets of Achaea is totally worth every wasted second.

Also, I wasn't being exact with my 500%. I just tossed a number up.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • How's it spite me? lol. I don't have a single tradeskill precisely because I know that I value my own time orders of magnitude more than the average Achaean. I only benefit from people's low self(time?)-worth, since it means cheap minerals/refills for me.
    I was gonna put know-it-alls but I wanted to name drop to get a reaction.
  • Kiet said:
    Achaea is full of people who don't understand how to value their time or investments.
    If they knew that well they wouldn't have played Achaea. Except if entertainment carries such astronomical value. Go work 5 jobs, no game.
  • Jonathin said:
    I was gonna put know-it-alls but I wanted to name drop to get a reaction.
    Self-esteem is not being a know-it-all!

Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:
    Achaea is full of people who don't understand how to value their time or investments.
    If they knew that well they wouldn't have played Achaea. Except if entertainment carries such astronomical value. Go work 5 jobs, no game.
    Entertainment and being happy carries a higher value than everything else once you can afford your necessities, yes. Working 5 jobs seems like the definition of someone (usually the people employing you) not valuing your time.

That said, Achaea does have the issue of a lot of quiet time, but it's easy enough to leave it on in the background while you do other stuff.
  • edited May 2017
    Kiet said:

Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:
    Entertainment and being happy carries a higher value than everything else once you can afford your necessities, yes. Working 5 jobs seems like the definition of someone (usually the people employing you) not valuing your time.

That said, Achaea does have the issue of a lot of quiet time, but it's easy enough to leave it on in the background while you do other stuff.
    Thing about Achaea is not the time you are on the screen. Achaea can totally dominate your thought, and leave you no room for other more important things in life. It eats up all "mind share".

You could be working 5 jobs physically, and still playing Achaea in your mind, and they screw up the jobs / studies.
  • Idk man that's not how it is for me.
  • Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:

Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:

Thing about Achaea is not the time you are on the screen. Achaea can totally dominate your thought, and leave you no room for other more important things in life. It eats up all "mind share".

You could be working 5 jobs physically, and still playing Achaea in your mind, and they screw up the jobs / studies.
    I once dreams not to be the Greater Dragon, but to be The Dragon. you may be onto something. but right now i feel like im slumbering away from Achaea after achieving level 100. (I don't feel like going for 200. it is definition of insanity anyway...)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Valaria said:
    Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:

Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:

I once dreams not to be the Greater Dragon, but to be The Dragon. you may be onto something. but right now i feel like im slumbering away from Achaea after achieving level 100. (I don't feel like going for 200. it is definition of insanity anyway...)
    No one is getting level 200, ever. Unless they find the fountain of youth.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Dochitha said:
    I paid in between 10 credits, 100k to 300k gold for my 5 ambrasures. I would have hoped it's free but this is high end value must attract high end prices!

Next up. Please sell artefact pryalls @Nicola @Makarios
    I paid 10cr.  Considering what I was about to drop, and the fact they pay a shit ton to get to Legendary, I had no issues with 10cr.

• edited May 2017
    I happily paid 10 credits for my embrasure. If I knew how difficult at the time it was to be a legendary Smith I would have paid more.
  • edited May 2017
    Paid 200K for an embrasured fullplate.

Didn't bother me at all.

ETA: this was back when credits were circa 8500gp
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Had a completely random encounter that lead to some much craved roleplay, a bit of proselytizing, and eventually inducting them into Mhaldor. That's what I really like about Achaea: Little bits of random interactions can snowball into real changes in the world. 
  • Was mildly hilarious. Also extremely surprised I didn't ever drop below 60% health...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates