What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Asmodron said:
    There is one point @Micaelis brought up that I will have to whole-heartedly agree with, and that is some obscurity with abilites and mechanics and the expectation of players to search through announces. It seems the norm in Achaean society that players are expected to riffle through announces of the past to know exactly how something works, and I find this a big detriment to new players specifically.

I recall when I had came back from dormancy and was confused as to how liquids for rifts works. I tried checking Help files and found nothing, I tried syntaxes and again nothing. I got frustrated and then was told to check announce posts, which I had to search through them to finally find the announce that explains how. Thankfully, after a wordy complaint from me, the syntaxes was added to HELP RIFTS, but that doesnt help with other capabilities.

I honestly cant remember everything off the top of my head, but I have had to skim through announce posts several times, just to understand how something fully works. This includes abilities that have a unique effect to denizens or clarification fully on how they work.

To summarize, i'm all on board for more clarity in abilities.
    While I kind of agree (having recently come back from a 5 year dormancy, so much changed)...  NEWSSEARCH ANNOUNCE <thing> is a thing.  And it works well enough to see how things work.  And yeah, I re-read almost every announce because I needed to catch up.  It is my opinion that the onus is entirely on the player.  Read,  ask, verify, etc.

• Morthif said:
    finally got that last rank!

Crew Type   Count   Pay Each Per Day    Experience
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Crewmates      70   1 gold              Elite XIII
    Shipmates      50   1 gold              Elite XIII
    Swashbucklers  11   1 gold and 2 bits   Expert III

Crew Morale: Fanatical (64000)
    Colour me greener than Shims dragonform... my shipmates are lazy shites and STILL stuck at XI!! 
    Good job Mo! Your crew is badass now.
    now let's go and seamonster hunt again (pleeease!)
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Daeir said:
    Haha, what.

No offense, but haha what.
    Aegoth said:
    Ahmet said:
    Your reputation among the ranks of the champions rises.
    You are now the Avenging Arrow Champion in the Ivory Mark.
    This is the surest sign that the mark system is suuuuuuuuuper broken. Someone please fix.
    i think you meant to say depthswalker. You getting kills is... well, time to stop holocausting
    Put your pitchforks away. Xaden remedied the situation :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Hey @Kinilan, you know that non-decay figurehead that I buried on some island with you about 3-4 years ago?

It got returned to me today like some long-forgotten time capsule.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Hey @Kinilan, you know that non-decay figurehead that I buried on some island with you about 3-4 years ago?

Hahaha. I guess Someone went and dealt with Kresslack's buried treasure and cleaned up anything else that was buried. My totem and the bunny ears would have decayed though ...or did I implant it?
  • Kyrra said:

Kyrra says, "A non-decay fearsome dragon figurehead, rare minerals, enchantments and more. Euphoria in Ashtan, NE from the Blacksmith."

That's not what you're supposed to do with time capsules!
  • edited April 2017
    Returning to the idea of more clarity in AB files.

I recalled another event which took place roughly after Depthswalkers was released. People began to utilize the ability to force groups to tumble into another. How was one suppose to know the general counter to this? Well firstly, there was no way to CANCEL TUMBLE and STOP didnt do it either. Truth be told, several of us had never run into the problem of wanting to "Stop our tumble attempt", as usually seeing the tumble line go through was a blessing. The AB tumble file had no mention of -how- to stop a tumble...which frankly resulted in -a lot- of pointless and frustrating deaths and loss of possible sanctions. The apparent solution was experience. We were supposed to have somehow noticed in the past that attempting to walk in a direction cancels tumble.

For those of us that werent that combat savy or simply never noticed, well we had no clue and cost our cities a lot of pointless deaths at the time, not to mention frustration at this ability. It took several days before the counter got spread around and then several more for people to become accustomed to it.

I know that those seasoned text fighters out there would likely roll their eyes and say "you should have known that", but frankly the idea of "you should have known that" is the problem here. Why cant simple detailed clarification exist? I have honestly found much more detailed info in AB files in other IRE than I ever did in Achaea.

As a side note, this was another of the AB files I had brought up and an amendment was later added to AB TUMBLE to mention how to cancel. Small things but it really does help.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kinilan said:
    Kyrra said:

Hahaha. I guess Someone went and dealt with Kresslack's buried treasure and cleaned up anything else that was buried. My totem and the bunny ears would have decayed though ...or did I implant it?
    I think you buried one and I implanted one at the time. The one I planted might have gotten nuked though, was designated to Ashtan at the time. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Micaelis said:
    Kyrra said:

Kyrra says, "A non-decay fearsome dragon figurehead, rare minerals, enchantments and more. Euphoria in Ashtan, NE from the Blacksmith."

That's not what you're supposed to do with time capsules!
    Some things should stay buried!

• edited April 2017
    Meh.. nevermind

• Caelan said:
    <lots of stuff>
    Logic on the internet lel.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Caelan said:
    <lots of stuff>
    Logic on the internet lel.
    Removed it.  Mainly for the personal story but.. just "what's the point" right now

• Ahmet said:
    Daeir said:
    Haha, what.

No offense, but haha what.
    Aegoth said:
    Ahmet said:
    Your reputation among the ranks of the champions rises.
    You are now the Avenging Arrow Champion in the Ivory Mark.
    This is the surest sign that the mark system is suuuuuuuuuper broken. Someone please fix.
    i think you meant to say depthswalker. You getting kills is... well, time to stop holocausting
    Put your pitchforks away. Xaden remedied the situation :(
    If someone had just taught Cyrenians PK rules you'd still have the title.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited April 2017
    Klendathu said:
    Evastiana said:
    entirely ooc, but that moment when your toddler gets quiet, and you go to check to see if the potty has been used to find your three year old on the floor slathering every inch of her body in...
    As a parent myself, I was scared to read beyond that sentence. Could have been so, so much worse
    I agree, my mum is a nurse and luckily happened to be a phone call away, None in the actual facial area thank all, but it was also in an area she should have been able to get to.  I hope that this is the only huge stunt she pulls like this though.

Edited because context sounded off. I never keep anything in a place she can get to most items ie chemicals ect are placed above the wash machine in a locked cabinet. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You dun gone and jinxed it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Daeir said:
    I'm not actually confident that CFS will go down now with the high spenders out of the economy. Given the scarcity and necessity of credits as a resource, I'm somewhat worried that the price point that has been reached on the back of this exploited gold has sort of passed a threshold where it has any hope of lowering to something reasonable again. People have come to expect >10k value for their credits and I feel like perhaps there's been a subtle shift towards that expectation being the normal rather than the 6-8k it used to be.

It comes down to people willing to supply credits for 8k at the end of the day, but why would you do that if you can put them up for 11k and people will buy them still?
    I like one suggestion where the Garden "forces" the price back down, but I don't know that is feasible as they would have to salt the credit market with credits for which IRE was not paid in green.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Really depends on the impact the trading bug had on gold generation and CFS. If it was a major contributor, the flow of gold will slow and those selling credits will begin to lower prices to get a quicker sale. I don't think it needs an injection of credits to lower the price, especially as what is likely to happen is those credits are snapped up quickly and relisted at a higher price.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Really depends on the impact the trading bug had on gold generation and CFS. If it was a major contributor, the flow of gold will slow and those selling credits will begin to lower prices to get a quicker sale. I don't think it needs an injection of credits to lower the price, especially as what is likely to happen is those credits are snapped up quickly and relisted at a higher price.
    Yeah, and I also realized right away that people like me who have gold would buy at the lower prices fast - not to resell (at least that's not why I do it) but to have as a hedge against inflation and for me, my preferred currency).

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Klendathu said:
    Yeah, and I also realized right away that people like me who have gold would buy at the lower prices fast - not to resell (at least that's not why I do it) but to have as a hedge against inflation and for me, my preferred currency).
    I only buy credits for arte's cos I'm RL poor
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KezKez
    edited April 2017
    Evastiana said:
    entirely ooc, but that moment when your toddler gets quiet
    That's probably all you needed to write :anguished:

Sorry if this is dredging up a dying topic but I just got up the gumption to read the massive pile of new posts on this thread and I find myself a little angry with someone who asked me to accept a trade on their ship. I thought ship trades were all once per ship per serenade so I did get unknowingly involved in abusing a bug and even if it was a tiny contribution I am displeased by it.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Caelan said:
    Klendathu said:
    Evastiana said:
    entirely ooc, but that moment when your toddler gets quiet, and you go to check to see if the potty has been used to find your three year old on the floor slathering every inch of her body in...
    As a parent myself, I was scared to read beyond that sentence. Could have been so, so much worse
    I started laughing as soon as I got to "...that moment when your toddler gets quiet.." because almost NOTHING good comes after that, but it's usually funny as hell - except when my kids did it.

Evastiana said:
    ... I hope that this is the only huge stunt she pulls like this though.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL  Not even close. 

Haha, yup. I've had to take my oldest daughter to the emergency after she put beads up her nose. Literally went like this:
    Me: "<name> has been quiet for a while, hasn't she?"
    Wife: "Uh-oh, that can't be good!"
    Daughter: "Ueeeeeeh!! Beads in nose!!"

• Kyrra said:
    Kinilan said:
    Kyrra said:

I think you buried one and I implanted one at the time. The one I planted might have gotten nuked though, was designated to Ashtan at the time. 
    Ya, that sounds right.
  • edited April 2017
    Usually whenever my nephew goes quiet...I know it is one of 3 things:

A: He snuck into the bathroom and is throwing his toys into the toilet again...because they 'want to play in the water'.

B: He is taking a dump and actually prefers privacy to do this.

C: He got a hand on something he knows he shouldnt have and will get in trouble for, so is staying as quiet as he possibly can. After the damage is done...which usually involves throwing whatever the contents were on the ground, he'll walk up to me, evidence in hand of an empty bottle and a smirk on his face.

• Sarapis said:
    Asmodron said:

C: He got a hand on something he knows he shouldnt have and will get in trouble for, so is staying as quiet as he possibly can. After the damage is done...which usually involves throwing whatever the contents were on the ground, he'll walk up to me, evidence in hand of an empty bottle and a smirk on his face.

Is the smirk because he thinks he's revealing that someone ELSE (someone really nefarious, no doubt) spilled everything out of it and he's the hero for discovering this treacherous malfeasance?
    No sadly. The smirk and evidence in hand are his way of showing he got his hand on something he shouldnt have, did the naughty act,  and we werent able to stop him. Come what may. :( 

I see a Mhaldorian char in his future. He seems to be a natural at Suffering and Oppression.