What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    You mistake my intentions.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • edited April 2017
    Zahan said:
    I know what jinsun's doing, and he knows what he's doing.  Ya'll can spin or twist it or whatever you want, but it remains.  Which is why he shouldn't be in here flinging shit.  People in glass houses, you know.
    Why shouldn't he?
    Him doing bad things doesn't mean he's wrong for pointing out when others are doing bad things. Now you're being silly.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    I know right.  With some of the nonsense I've been reading here lately, being silly seems to be somewhat of a norm.  Hey I'm finally fitting in!  win

Mad props to @Kresslack for taking it on the chin.  It wasn't lacking before necessarily but I respect the man more today.  Hope to see you back around.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Short of controlling multiple ships by multiplaying, I don't see a problem here?

Every additional ship adds an additional monster spawn. It encourages hunting as a group activity.
  • Liyane said:
    Minifie said:
    Is it possible for them to find out anyone who didn't exploit this at all and give them a nice in game reward? Literally a non decaying medallion or even some bonus experience/something for a while for those who didn't abuse this even once? I'm not sure it's possible to find out though, but then mass punishments won't be needed if the people who didn't take advantage of it were given a nice cuddle or something, that'd make me feel better that I missed out on what could have been hundreds of millions of free gold :(.

How about an honors line:

_______ didn't participate in screwing up the game economy in the year whatever it is (not logged in atm)
    Or just :  
    ____ isn't a dick, that we know of.

• Byakko said:
    Fine fine.. you all can be happy9 and oh so excited that this happened. See how much you guys enjoy it when you're playing the game "as intended" and suddenly get zapped/shrubbed with no warning. A simple "don't do this shit anymore" would have sufficed.. but again, it's been going on for a long while, someone somewhere saw it and ignored it, because Mariners talked about the 'new way to do trades" in their guild multiple times, so it was not just the MTC and people you lot "don't like" who did this.. Half of the money funneling into Targ recently came from those trades.. do you see any new holy shrubs? Nope..
    The worst of the worst got shrubbed, that includes you. I already stated why it is dumb to assume that this was legit, the admin have as well, but you continue to bare your fangs at god in your fury. Like wtf?

Fresh to the game as I was, though not to IRE, before I even started playing I heard about how the cooldown bypass bug functioned and had the common sense to think it wasn't legit. That was just from asking an ooc friend about sailing because it seemed neat. As an experienced player, I don't know what mental gymnastics you are going through to acheive working as intended, but it is impressive to say the least.

Not everyone is gonna be shrubbed, and the game economy is going to take a good long while to recover from your unrepentant avarice and that of those like you. Everyone else has been relatively screwed by that. Meanwhile you post ranting about fairness and parity. Again, wtf.

You are angry? Seriously? We should be figuratively lynching you and those like you. Knock it off.

But you know what the great thing is? Now that the bug is fixed and the your lot is gonex we can hope to pick up the pieces. The gold will take a good long while to drain from the economy and some of it never will, but things will get better.

The 20th game anniversary provides a lot of means for the drain too, so that is nice. The extra gold is going to indirectly screw people out of some of the gold auctions, myself included.

So today, the world moves on without your recidivism, and that is awesome. Also you gave me material for something I am working on, and that happening is neat too.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Today I changed the name of my forums bookmark to Club Achaea and I triggered some techno music to play on load.  It's fitting for all the spinmasters in here.

Jinsun said:
    Please, leave me alone.
    Can't take the heat, keep your opinion and your trash talking out of the kitchen.  Nobody even thought of you until you stepped in to do the same thing to people that you complain about having done to you - poke them.
  • This has been pretty hilarious the last few days, but doesn't the large majority of this belong in rants?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates

• And 'lo, on this day, did the Gods say unto Byakko:

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    What you are saying is different than was explained to me.  I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt there has never been anything weird like using afk players and parked boats, and that you're actually actively fighting with a fleet.  And that the gold generation is half, at only 100k per hour.  I've been lied to before, nothing new.

I wouldn't get too comfortable with thinking that just because Sarapis liked your post, you're safe though.  The activity that got people shrubbed just recently, was apparently bugged at one point and the response was "working as intended."  Clearly it's not.  A good chunk, if not most, of the people who are leafy right now, don't feel like they were cheating.  Some of them still don't.

I'm willing to bet they're investigating more than just gains from ship trades.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're looking at all kinds of gains, for any weird numbers.  I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a few more random shrubbings in the next few days.  I don't think the coast is completely clear yet.

I still stand by that if you don't want someone taking a swing at your neck, you shouldn't stick it out there.  I'm rough around the edges, this I know (talk to me in discord and find out why), but I don't cry victim crap like "please leave me alone" if someone takes a jab at me.

On-topic: I'll admit that I was worried the administration had gone soft on cheaters.  That fear was completely crushed when Sarapis came in and handled biz.  It was awesome to behold, even though the reason for it sucks.  I cheered from my desk. #faithrestored

Also Sartan going off on the early morning crusaders was incredible.  

• Guys, im gaining way too much weight from all this popcorn. Please stop

Related image

It isnt cool :(

• That random character assassination attempt has backfired so hard. You blew way too much of your load with way too little substance, a rookie error in the attack-Jinsun forum movement. 

Of which I declare official renouncement. Did not see eye-to-eye, but now think you're a solid guy. +1
  • Random diving loophole exploitation accusation @Tahquil
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    As the delegate for the forum trolls, I willingly accept bipartisan support from the hivemind.
  • Daeir said:
    That's surprisingly short. I have no idea what a Cataclysm is.
    Firestorms, blizzards, volcanic magma eruptions, hailstorms, thunderbolts, sandstorms, hurricanes, and so on.

Think along the lines of "natural disasters" or similar.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited April 2017
    A cataclysm is essentially a natural disaster @Daeir. In this instance, so floods, earthquakes, tsunami...ect
    Editing just to say @Sarathai <3 great minds! :D
  • ...and fools
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    I wasn't being serious. I rather like it, actually.
  • Greys said:
    Attended a cleansing ritual and got to talk a bit about specializing with some younger mariners. I miss being able to login 4 hours an IRL day. Having a full time job + commute is such a drag if I didn't love this work.
    enjoyed the ritual and the talk :)
  • Got designs back!  <3