What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• There is no way you can ever convince me that you thought a trade marked 'Personal' was supposed to be allowed to be completed for the benefit of a sole individual by using clever turn in mechanics. "There had to be a higher payoff for the price of the ships" give me a break, they were implemented as a gold sink, look at the hundred page threads about how "ships were ok but we need more things like ships to get gold out".

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I've talked to a number of older players who have or know people who have abused bugs to a large capacity a long time ago and earned huge amounts. They were either perma-shrubbed or shrubbed for a long time. Considering past punishments that have been given for similar activity, I think the admins were pretty fair this go around by not docking credibility, shrubbing, maggoting, toading, disfavouring, or any number of punishments they could've added on to taking whatever was earned from this particular bug.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    What is this, Jonestown?

If you do something just because people say "that's the way it is," you should go back to playing childrens' games that teach critical thinking, like Putt-Putt Goes To The Moon.
  • edited April 2017
    As I said before, lots of people exploiting auto-hunting, auto harvesting and other things which we all know happens and is (half) against the rules but is sort of done anyway, so its not always 'clear cut' regardless of what people think.
    Firstly, why do you 3-4 space after every single . ?

Secondly, the bolded are not 'exploits' nor are they 'half against the rules' - Neither is against the rules at all, so long as you're actually at the keyboard and controlling your character. If you know someone isn't actually paying attention then you should ISSUE ME and let admin deal with it, not just assume they're miraculously allowed to do it.

To go with the above, the bolded also aren't abusing anything except their ability to code. They are not breaking any rules (unless they fall into the already established category). People who knowingly abuse(d) the bug with ship trades, on the other hand, are (were).

As have been stated a large number of times already: If you think the payout is too high/frequent, then it's probably something you should report so the admin can look into it. Bug or not is irrelevant; see my previous post. The game does, after all, have an economy that needs to be kept in check. Quit with this victim crap.
  • Well fuck me....10 mil gold

That could have put a real dent in my savings fund.

....before hiding from Maka's fury.
  • Is this why credit prices were so high?

@Cooper was wrong about it being monthly promos, it was bug exploits all along!
  • Ryzeth - Firstly the spacing thing I think is a forum bug. In the UK in the 1980s we were taught one space after comma, two after full stops (which incidentally stems from the days of using typewriters) and when you have been typing as long as I have that becomes force of habit, so apologies, but it wasn't really the point of my thread.  I am not about to adjust how I type though, even if by modern grammar standards it is incorrect.

The key point is the Admin couldn't have been that oblivious to this, and therefore I think its very much a poor effort to treat all players like criminals when the gold logs (which I believe the admins have) clearly indicate this has been going on for some time.   At best I consider this to be one of those 50/50 things where you could argue that its a bug, but its also such a glaring bug that systems ought to have caught it.  

I'm not shouting about being a victim because I'm not but I'll reiterate the 'key' point is that I have seen some very positive interactions in seafaring and I think all people on the sea in Achaea will probably agree that this should be considered to be a positive and maybe the Admin need to take the opportunity to see what worked well during this 'episode' and what can be salvaged from it to keep things productive.    The best thing that could come from this is a new thread from all the people that might have taken part in this to say 'what would be cool for seafaring' to keep this moving in the right direction and try and bring player input back into something that (without the gold rush) isn't -that- engaging.    The problem has happened it is done with and the decision on the amnesty made but to say this has been an entirely negative thing for the game I think is a bit naive - there is a LOT that can be salvaged from this.

My point about the auto-harvesting and such .. yeah, I'm going to sit there and issue myself everytime I suspect someone is doing it.  Thats going to go down very well isn't it.   The point being we all know people do it, its very hard to spot and catch (from the admin side and the player side) and they aren't always lucid and that is against terms of service (most of us are capable of having our computer play a beep when we receive a tell or something).  All I was getting at, you can have a film on and auto-harvest but you cannot have a film on an auto-sail (at least I don't know anyone that can) so it is full time attentive screen looking.   I did say that I felt turning around to someone and saying 12, 14, 16 hours of doing that is all gone is a little harsh - thats all, and I can understand why THOSE players may feel aggrieved (again I am not one).    

Everyone will move on though.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2017
     I felt turning around to someone and saying 12, 14, 16 hours of doing that is all gone is a little harsh - thats all, and I can understand why THOSE players may feel aggrieved (again I am not one).    
    Let's just say in the worst case scenario, those 16 hours were dedicated to bringing in 10M gold. That is still 625K gold per hour. I'm not exactly running Sena-calibre math here, but I'm pretty sure most normal bashers (even dedicated ones) will find it hard to hit that much without related runes/minerals/relics. Especially for the ones who were exploiting this and weren't even in their 90s or dragon level. 

I'm hard-pressed to find an explanation as to why they imagined that this was not questionable or why they imagined they were entitled to such an unrealistically lucrative form of income. So zero sympathy. 

ETA: I have failed my Asian heritage, I can't even add the right number of zeroes to 10 million *seppuku*

• edited April 2017
    Skye said:
     I felt turning around to someone and saying 12, 14, 16 hours of doing that is all gone is a little harsh - thats all, and I can understand why THOSE players may feel aggrieved (again I am not one).    
    That is still 62.5K gold per hour. I'm not exactly running Sena-calibre math here
    You're missing a 0 there. It's 625k an hour. The rest of the comment is considerably more true, with proper math :P 

You're also going to be EXTREMELY hard pressed to find someone able to make that much gold per day from bashing, so yeah your comparison is horribly flawed. Ship trade gold circumvented the gold throttle, and there's already a fairly low (by comparison) daily limit you can make from harvesting, since there's only so much you can harvest. Good luck making a comparable profit anytime soon with how many people are already selling curatives dirt cheap.

Also yeah, reporting those people will go down well. Admin have ways of telling if people are autobashing without pinging them. It's not hard at all, all it takes is a short period of observation.
  • you guys crack me up
  • Autoharvesting/Synthesis also requires finding a buyer.
  • Daeir said:
    Most organizations that have been around for years have 40 mil or so.
    Quite a lot more in some cases. The Church just before Shallam became the set piece of Disney's Little Mermaid had what, 120 million?

Skye said:
    Let's just say in the worst case scenario, those 16 hours were dedicated to bringing in 10M gold. That is still 625K gold per hour. I'm not exactly running Sena-calibre math here, but I'm pretty sure most normal bashers (even dedicated ones) will find it hard to hit that much without related runes/minerals/relics.
    My peak speed, assuming I'm going all-out but don't have ahmetite/Braid, is around 90k an hour, maybe a little higher or lower depending on variation. I rarely am going that fast though (it also requires clean runs and nobody interrupting me or half-bashing an area), and on top of that the softcap will hit at 160k. 625k an hour with no cap in sight is absurd.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• That's completely true. Those complaining are acting as if they only just stumbled upon the exploit a couple days ago and all of their profits from it have been retroactively removed. You're lucky the punishment isn't worse. 
  • Oh this is just beautiful.
  • Bug abuse of this magnitude should have a response harder than a slap on the wrist. 40 million gold in a day, with a bug dating back over a year? That affects the game massively; the huge inflation in the credit market is just one part of it.

<3 
  • the fact people aren't getting shrubbed or anything for months of exploiting is disappointing, even if it's some sort of "pay it back" system linked to the account. IF those exploits caused our current CFS prices, or assisted in such, something of some description needs to be done.
  • Yes - this would have had serious knock on consequences, I just find it unbelievable that there is a statement now which sort of makes it look like this just came to light in the last day thats all.    

For people who aren't part of it I fully understand your complaints and feelings about the people who were and the consequences it has had on your gaming.   However, I think there is a need for those people to understand too that this isn't something that was being banded around on IRC or a Skype chat somewhere with whispers in shadows - Far from it.

I've seen this openly discussed -in game- on IC clans which some of the people on here criticising comments like mine have been part of (I've no idea if they saw those comments or not, or indeed issued on seeing them - but they have appeared several times over).   Luck may suggest they have missed them, but the point being I'm not entirely sure this was a very hush bug at all and it certainly  involves players you'd consider 'senior' as well as newer players like myself.

Its easy for people to point fingers now and say 'you guys did a bad thing' as I've said - I'm new to Achaea (I come from another IRE game) and it just seemed to be a known thing, I mean pretty much as soon as we got a ship.       The extent to how many people were exploiting this is far larger than people who will speak up - because nobody want to be labelled as 'a bad guy', hence the reaction from the Admin.    

• Is it possible for them to find out anyone who didn't exploit this at all and give them a nice in game reward? Literally a non decaying medallion or even some bonus experience/something for a while for those who didn't abuse this even once? I'm not sure it's possible to find out though, but then mass punishments won't be needed if the people who didn't take advantage of it were given a nice cuddle or something, that'd make me feel better that I missed out on what could have been hundreds of millions of free gold :(.
  • I won't say no to a free veil (to trade in)
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    There was a case of this in <redacted> where a massive chunk of the playerbase were cheating.  Banning them all would have had serious consequences on the game, but so did the actions of the cheaters.  Their solution was to reward the people who could have cheated, but did not.

Man did I enjoy my reward.  Made me a lot less bummed about the cheaters not getting banned.

We might get lucky still, perhaps they are planning something cool for the people who didn't jump on the band wagon.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    TBH, I think the people who exploited the bug got away with it lightly. However, now it's stopped, we can just move on. No-one other than the people exploiting the bug know who they are. If the gold faucet has been turned off, the effects will diminish over time.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Not everyone makes a killing off of insider trading.

But even if you only make a "reasonable" profit off of it (say, $2500/year, rather than $2.5M/year)... and even if "Everyone around me is insider trading, too!! *waah!*"... your money was made just as illicitly.