What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Many thanks to whoever fixed the thing that finally got me through that quest :)
    Huh. Neat.
  • Spicy Hashan drama of old has returned! Sad I missed it.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Who are you again?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited April 2017
    Jonathin said:
    Who are you again?
    How quickly people's attitude changes towards others in Achaea, with a simple comment. Love it lol.
    I may have completely misinterpreted your comment as sarcasm. I am tired and cranky from this spicy old Hashan drama.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited April 2017
    Jonathin said:
    I may have completely misinterpreted your comment as sarcasm. I am tired and cranky from this spicy old Hashan drama.
    Not sarcastic, no. I read the posts, laughed a little bit, and then was sad I didn't get to see it personally. Considering it conveniently involves the exact same person as the Som. drama from way back.
  • All I can say... is f drama... and childishness....from people who should f'ing know better...

jfc it's a game people. A -GAME-, stop taking politics so god damn personally. You didnt lose a seat on the senate...you lost a seat in a text-based GAME.

All this drama has caused is resurrected the once-again stupid paranoia and infighting that caused Hashan to get so f'ed up originally. This is all basically pushing us 10 damn steps backwards. The best part is people actually defending their actions with "integrity".

You think posting of "Corruption and Twilight taking over. It is bad for Hashan. But hey, im an honorable person", helps in any way? You think you and friends throwing up to contest every Regent position because "ANTI-TWILIGHT" is actually good for this city? This isnt about trying to help your city, this is about -you- and dont try to hide behind any 'honorable' cause.

It is shit like this that causes Hashan to have such a bad reputation and NOT a damn active patron. Jesus....
  • L m a o
  • It's not necessarily bad! I think we're (the characters involved) mostly still pretty chummy OOC. No undue mudslinging has occurred, and arguably, all candidates have some good and some bad going for them.

The choice, essentially, is whether Hashan would like to reaffirm the current gap between it and Twi's Order, or become more intertwined as the Darkness faction.

The current setup is, of course, true to Hashan's strictly secular streak. It's even reconcilable with Darkness identity, that it doesn't matter what you are -- everyone can participate and has a role in the Great Work.

A more closely intertwined Order and City, of course, can usher in a stronger, more unified identity for Darkness, especially as the outside world will finally look at Hashan and say, hey, that is the City of Darkness.

Both routes have their pro's and con's, and I'm honestly quite excited to know what Hashan's playerbase would ultimately choose.
     <3 
  • so much for that Renaissance
  • I don't think any city is immune from some drama now and then, even post-Ren!  =)
     <3 
  • Why the ranting? I see this as a great opportunity to have some interesting situations arise.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Hunted 7% today, which made me happy since I'm not that fond of hunting and I just got back into it.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Got out one the seas, had a blast, and made some money. Lot of fun and some great interactions. 

• That sounds awesome. I've been back and forth about buying a ship and trying it out. Might give it a shot since I have more free time on my hands now.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Sobriquet said:
    Why the ranting? I see this as a great opportunity to have some interesting situations arise.

I'm not sure how the CL that got replaced making a post accusing corruption, Each of the Council positions being contested, Each post brought up for being elected also mentioning corruption (basically Twilight), in-fighting between citizens, can at all be seen as healthy or good for any environment.

These events are the near exact replica of what happened all those years ago with Hashan. What's next? Anti-twilight group gets power. Twilight gets removed again. Obelisk of Darkness gets removed again? Let's change the name of the city too...

My own discomfort aside, im pretty sure the admin are reaching the point of exhaustion with Hashan. We were making some real progress..and now it seems we are once again shooting ourselves in the foot. I recall clearly in the past when the city was warned to shapeup, and pre-renaissance Hashan was given a warning in a vision of uniting and getting things together or the city being destroyed by vines. If Hashan goes through -another- "reject our patron and culture cause f that Twilight guy man", I'd be entirely unsurprised if the admin decided to Shallam it.

We've tried, some of us for years, to help build Hashan up and get it out of the haze of confusion it existed it. To give it back an identity and place in this world. If things once again go back to the identity crisis and boredom of what it was (because frankly it really seems like some people want it that way), then plan B would likely have to go into effect. At that point, I'd probably be supporting it.

So yep, should be some interesting situations to arise from this, just not in any way good.
    Asmodron said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Why the ranting? I see this as a great opportunity to have some interesting situations arise.

I'm not sure how the CL that got replaced making a post accusing corruption, Each of the Council positions being contested, Each post brought up for being elected also mentioning corruption (basically Twilight), in-fighting between citizens, can at all be seen as healthy or good for any environment.

These events are the near exact replica of what happened all those years ago with Hashan. What's next? Anti-twilight group gets power. Twilight gets removed again. Obelisk of Darkness gets removed again? Let's change the name of the city too...

The group that WAS in power was not anti-Twilight. The group that's contesting is not anti-Twilight. Like usual, you are jumping straight to the wrong conclusion based on newsposts that were made from anger. You obviously do not have the whole story, so don't sit there and pretend like you have any idea what happened or what's going on.
  • I think you need a break, @Asmodron , don't think it's healthy for you OR the city for you to be around for these shenanigans.

• I just see an opportunity to place our characters outside their comfort zone and see what happens. That's not a bad thing, regardless of what's going on

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • The news posts all look extremely anti-Twilight, coming from an outsider. Like.... obviously and egregiously so
  • @Asmodron Man, why are you accusing people of taking it personally? It is a game, and people are playing the game, playing their characters, being in-character. If you think Regi's going to take shady backroom machinations and shit like this quietly you've clearly never interacted with him. He's doing what he thinks is best for his city, as are all the people on his "side", which is the side of what they think is best for Hashan. He truly believes (and has some -very- compelling reasons to) that the Twilight order has placed their own ability to "wield power" over what's best for the city.

Honestly it's RP, and it's been really fun, provided a lot of great opportunities for people to refine what their character's feelings are and how they will act in times of conflict like this. I, and several others have commented on how much we enjoy this, it's a little stressful at times but it's much more engaging than "How're things?" - "Great, hunting!" "Awesome!". Regi is a fucking warrior in all aspects, and he's not going to let bad shit happen to the city and populace he respects and loves most. I'm obviously fine if you're mad as Asmodron, but I don't see why you have to be mad OOCly?
  • There are only some candidates who seem to be anti-Twilight, but due to human nature it's easier to simplify things into two camps. So the current group in power is seen as the pro-Twilight group, while the contenders are lumped together into the opposite side.

Definitely interesting developments! I'm personally excited.
     <3 
  • What happened to me today? I clearly just read posts that have nothing to do with what happened to them today. And now I happen to have a cup of delicious tea. 

• Targ and Mhaldor had been camping out on Rants lately and we didn't want to intrude. :(
     <3 
  • @Mathilda
    You can have the rants back, I think we're good on our salt for a little while

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    @Mathilda
    You can have the rants back, I think we're good on our salt for a little while
    Indeed!
  • I'm not gonna bring up the nastiness. I will say that this RP with the Hashadrama has put me outside my comfort zone. And I love it. It's about time things get a little shook up.

• Bann said:

That was also my original point, but in my case rather than the act of 1 thing that made me upset, it was basically throwing away -a lot- of work that many of us have put in to give Hashan a proper image again. Some seem to like the inner-conflict and drama this is building...im not sure why. I've always seen drama as a toxic element to any fun gameplay. All I am seeing is Hashan sliding down the ladder once again and repeating mistakes that should have seriously been learned by now. I honestly cannot even defend Hashan at this point to the masses, it has just reached a level of hopelessness.

I already stepped out of this entire affair the moment I saw the 4 contestations for each regent. I gave a simple news post to beware repeating your mistakes or it may cost you Hashan itself, and frankly havent been inspired to log in since. Do what you like, burn the city if you wish, I gave my piece and like was said, definitely not going to give any more energy to something that is clearly displeasing to me.