Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    No, I wouldn't define the wheel as the monthly promo. Not unless it was from the site only like last month. Your promo right now is Talisman pieces, that's what you get as a bonus for buying credits. 

Hell when the wheel came around last September, there was a bonus to credit sales.

The wheel is merely one more thing to spend the credits (that you purchase with real cash). And it is a gamble, get cool exclusive stuff? Or get mediocre crap (That also isn't mediocre to everyone, some people don't mind spinning a pet or mount)

Eh.. Either way, just my two cents.
    Torinn
  • KezKez Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 19
    I would probably buy collection caches from folks for 6 credits per.

One thing to notice about the bound credits prize is that there are two with that name. One is 'Bound Credits' and one is 'bound credits'. I haven't differentiated between the two in my count. Most of the time when I get lowercase bound credits, it's between 10 and 15 credits, and uppercase has been as high as 49 for me. I hear people saying now they are getting 1 credit from it and that's unsettling.

Here's a sample of bound credits amounts, @Sena
    32 18 20 27 35 36 48 35 38 12 12 14 13 11 18 13 40 39 13 42 18 12 38 15 12 49 13 37 14 20 27 41 41 43 19 30 13 11 15 45 29 15 35 15 34

Upgrade credits I've seen have been between 15 and 35.

Thorns tradein for 33.

Lessons seems 200-250.

Marked crates are mounts (wolf/bear) and mysterious crates are pets (weasel, lovebird).
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,794 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 19
    In that case, I'd estimate the average prize value of 1 spin to be ~28cr, or tradein value of ~20cr (~24cr if you still count lessons at normal value), based on Kez's 799 spins.

So it doesn't seem that bad, as long as there are things from the wheel that you'd actually want to keep and not trade in.
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,027 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 19
    It's been mentioned, time and again, why game promotions should -not- be thought of as 'real world gambling'...but im honestly tired of bringing it up at this point :/ .

I'll just go with something Sarapis once said about IRE sales:

"We set a price and they paid for it, so it stayed"
    PrytheLiyane
  • KezKez Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    It didn't really stay, though. What comes out of the wheel changes often. The last change saw a sharp decrease in spin frequency.
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,794 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    It's been mentioned, time and again, why game promotions should -not- be thought of as 'real world gambling'...but im honestly tired of bringing it up at this point :/ .
    The wheel right now isn't the monthly promotion though (at least not the main one). It's just something extra, where there's no problem with having a negative expected value.

The wheel now and the wheel last month are very different things.
    TaryiusTorinn
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 3,643 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Current promotion is spins for bound credits so it doesnt always represent a RL cash investment
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Out of 100 credits (4 spins), I got minerals, some lessons, and raffle (or maybe racetrack) tickets. I'm not at all disappointed, really. While I was hoping for something like one of the item prizes, I still got -something-, which is good when you have to pay for spins.

If you're mainly looking to come out ahead or break even with spins, might as well just save them until you see that 500cr prize announcement.

• CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I spun and didn't get the 500cr!   @Makarios can you fix this broken system?

Blujixapug
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aodfionn said:
    Joined Mhaldor!
    So....equipment redesigns? Heh

• IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Aodfionn said:
    Joined Mhaldor!
    Shock! Heathen!

Congrats and have fun.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,681 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    @Kayeil ooo that's pretty thorough

That definitely helps.
    Hmm? Were you meaning to tag Kez?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Asmodron
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,494 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aodfionn said:
    Joined Mhaldor!
    About time, bruh. Your incoming 1k credits, three artefacts and immunity to pk issues are incoming in the mail. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. 
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Rangor
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 20
    So Uh.. Raiding Eleusis..

And this happened.. Got to be a bug

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/SW-PFALw

I died.. But I didn't.. But I got to 0h.. But I was able to sip back? .. But I lost experience.. But my starburst tattoo didn't pop.. Weird stuff

EDIT: Happened again... I hit starburst while already dead? https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/uJWo9xLE Losing more experience too. Bugging this
    Cooper
  • BadeBade Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Melodie said:
    Aodfionn said:
    Joined Mhaldor!
    About time, bruh. Your incoming 1k credits, three artefacts and immunity to pk issues are incoming in the mail. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. 
    Is that the going rate? I'll join mhaldor for that!
    Liyane
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 3,643 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Taryius i enjoy your prompt colours :)
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 2,829 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ehene said:
    Now I'm a city leader AND a house leader. Next stop, work super hard for like a week and then get burned out, leaving a handful of well-intentioned but unfinished projects. (jk?)
    That happens quite often. :)
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Farrah said:

Rangor said:
    Ehene said:
    Now I'm a city leader AND a house leader. Next stop, work super hard for like a week and then get burned out, leaving a handful of well-intentioned but unfinished projects. (jk?)
    That happens quite often. :)

That's why the best way to be a CL is to make a minion do paperwork for like an hour while you raid for 7 days.

Because burnout is bad. Burn heretics, not your own resolve!

Fixed that for you.
  • JaydenJayden WA, USAMember Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 20
    On that note:
    Page Jayden Rian-Moonshadow, Villanelle Ambassador has just filled the vacant position as Senator of Cyrene.
    Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
    It is now the 9th of Chronos, 737 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.

Squeal :3

@Voc and @Edena also deserve massive props for being wonderful candidates who are just awesome people in general. Always a joy to work and interact with them!
    KayeilShirszaeBann
  • BadeBade Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Met more family, and changed my name from my birth family to my adopted family. I'm a Ryndel now
    Jayden
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAMember Posts: 1,200 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

@Melodie  YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

Melodie
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 1,877 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ehene said:
    Look, if you really wanted to apply for Targossas you have to do it in game. Can't just list your credentials on forums :/
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,025 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,494 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aodfionn said:
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

@Melodie  YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Pretty sure I did a lot of things. You can write a list. I ain't going anywhere. ;)
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Still haven't found a grimoire gut or mayanhead or mayantorso... I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE TALISMANS!
Sign In to Comment.