The Big Ship Thread

12345679»

Comments

• The one thing I don't get about all this is that if you're going to take it all super seriously, then just pay the pirates! They charge what, 20k? If you're sitting there fishing you can handle that in about an hour I think. Then you're good to go for a week or whatever.

No matter how you choose to handle it, it's just not that dramatic of a problem.
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Suladan said:
    The one thing I don't get about all this is that if you're going to take it all super seriously, then just pay the pirates! They charge what, 20k? If you're sitting there fishing you can handle that in about an hour I think. Then you're good to go for a week or whatever.

No matter how you choose to handle it, it's just not that dramatic of a problem.

20k is a lot of gold for someone who is already sailing out to the middle of no where to go fishing because they need gold. If they're sunk, then they need to salvage gold on top of the gold they first needed...I think you get what I mean. I don't have a problem with it personally, but from the standpoint of someone new to sailing who just laid out 2.5 million gold for a cutter and however much more it takes to crew and buy stores, etc. I could understand the frustration if the first few days as a ship owner they were held up on the high seas. They're probably not very flush.

Razha said:
    @Bluef‌ it's not already? You're not allowed to journal out of combat, pretty sure, I think ships would apply for the same reason.
    Apparently not.

Message #30735      Sent by Anytus
    9/04/5:32 Greetings! Regarding your issue #69913: Using the ferry is not really a breach of HELP 
    HONOUR as it is not an OOC means of escaping conflict. Please let us know if you have any further 
    questions via ISSUE ME!

I'm not trying to publicly argue with Anytus or anything but I don't get this. How is the repeated abuse of a graced-area to avoid combat (that they initiated) not as calculated and OOC a set of means of escaping conflict as journaling? Or as problematic as hiding on a ship? I don't understand how we're going to take away people's purchased right to park their booties on a vessel they own but allow this kind of behavior. That makes no sense to me.