Board Games

2»

Comments

I love Magic, though rarely have  a group of friends willing to play.
    Just got myself Smallworlds today.
    Have Dominion sitting next to my desk. (I also agree 4 player is the optimal)
    Play Settlers of Catan very regularly. (nearly every expansion made, including Star Trek)
    Have Chess, Risk and Backgammon which are gathering more dust than I'd like.

While Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne can be fun once in a while, I normally find myself bored by the end of the game.

D&D (3.5 is the only set that exists in my mind), Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, and Things are all what I would consider social games, and I enjoy them all.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Illuminati, by Steve Jackson Games, is great if you have four to six players. There's just the right mix of strategy, negotiation, chance, and replayability.

I don't like cooperative games, although they are a useful means of identifying who your bossiest friends are. Almost inevitably, everyone but one or two people ends up watching the self-appointed leader(s) decide and execute strategy for the group.

I always loved Balderdash and prefer Bananagrams to Scrabble.

Remember the games that included a VHS tape with a host you played against? Now -that- was fun! /oldman
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nightmare! I don't remember what the other was. I think they stopped producing the expansions after the fourth, or the Mummy was never released in Australia.

Oh, Atmosphere was the other.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• What. No munchkin? No gloom? Do you people not watch Tabletop?

Oh for the love of humanity.
  • I don't have three people for munchkin, or I'd have it.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• My husband and I play munchkin together. It's not as much fun as when you force 6 people to play but still.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Wait. Two people can play it? Screw you mightyape, why do you always label shit wrong?  >:P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I'm glad I brought this back to life. I shall be playing random games tomorrow night. Who knew Friday nights would turn out like this.
  • race for the galaxy tonight :D

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• I've recently gotten into Arkham Horror. When our DnD group was finding it harder and harder to get everyone together for sessions, it was suggested that we try games where we could play when several members couldn't make it or after particularly long breaks between sessions.  I've really taken a shine to it, even getting the base game and one of the expansions myself. I've also started teaching my sister how to play and she's really liking it to.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Arkham Horror seems very fun, that's right. I may acquire it soon. I also seen a game called "Androis: Netrunner" that seems fun.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • I haven't played board games in years, maybe a decade.

The last one I remember playing was Talisman, had a few expansion packs with that.

Also use to play Champions, DnD and a Star Wars RPG when I was back in high school and matric.