Relics

Can we have some more limitations on where relics can be placed?  I don't feel like griefing Eleusis or whatever city ends up with them until they force their players to leave wherever they are.  (this is essentially the only tactic I can come up with for getting them out of their hands)

@Tecton @Sarapis @Makarios‌

Comments

• I'd just love it if they reset on Serenade. Or if each of them had their own randomised 24hour +/- 2 hours reset so that there's a mad scramble for one relic instead of all of them.

Either way all this promotes is the hoarding of relics instead of using them in raids where you can actually die. If they reset regularly then there won't be as much fear of losing them since you can easily get them again.

• They're working as intended for now, and Eleusis or whoever get no actual benefit from just sitting on them. They're only useful when used, and to use virtually all the Relics in any meaningful way you have to be out and about.

They'll also eventually disappear from someone's inventory.

• Do they ever return to the original digsites? Sorry for the question.

• Sarapis said:

They're working as intended for now, and Eleusis or whoever get no actual benefit from just sitting on them. They're only useful when used, and to use virtually all the Relics in any meaningful way you have to be out and about.

any chance can lower the timer in certain areas?

• Triak said:
    Sarapis said:

They're working as intended for now, and Eleusis or whoever get no actual benefit from just sitting on them. They're only useful when used, and to use virtually all the Relics in any meaningful way you have to be out and about.

I thought the purpose was to be used, not hidden away to not be used.

Bah, it's hidden away so that people you don't like can't use it.

• Jhui said:

Can we have some more limitations on where relics can be placed?  I don't feel like griefing Eleusis or whatever city ends up with them until they force their players to leave wherever they are.  (this is essentially the only tactic I can come up with for getting them out of their hands)

@Alrena and @Ellodin aren't even online....repeat that not wanting to grief us thing? :neutral_face: 

• Aluciana said:
    Jhui said:

@Alrena and @Ellodin aren't even online....repeat that not wanting to grief us thing? :neutral_face: 

Shouldn't hide them away on people that aren't here then, blame your city leadership or something.

• @Seragorn and @Austere aren't around either, silly @Nemutaur.

• Aluciana said:
    @Seragorn and @Austere aren't around either, silly @Nemutaur.

Seragorn is, he's making money with the braid. Not sure on Austere though

• Aluciana said:

One of them is, and the other didn't QQ 5 minutes after the raid started.

• Pretty sure it's a broad (and logical)  statement regarding a timer being started when someone holding a relic leaves the game somehow. It should happen.

• Aluciana said:
    Jhui said:

Relics are relatively knew so was hard to control at first.  I've told my people we either have it in city or out fighting.  No holding it in obscure places (unless it's the bashing ones and people are using to bash on islands).

The only way we can force your leadership to enforce the same rules is be relentless!

• Kinilan said:

Aluciana said:

Still doesn't mean you can raid, enemy people for getting stuck defending, and then say "Oh we didn't meannnn to grief you. We are here for the currently non-existent relics."  Then continue to raid. Haha :relaxed: 

• Aluciana said:
    Kinilan said:
    Aluciana said:

Still doesn't mean you can raid, enemy people for getting stuck defending, and then say "Oh we didn't meannnn to grief you. We are here for the currently non-existent relics."  Then continue to raid. Haha :relaxed: 

Show me the rule that says they can't.

• Kinilan said:

Show me the rule that says they can't.

Not this again.

• That last passive sentence, doe.

• I kind of dislike how these are being handled. They are neat and everything, but the main thing I disliked about icons were they were rewards for winning that helped you win more, and I was glad to hear that icons were being looked at in the future. These feel like the exact same concept only much more volatile. 

Making them reset more and not be constantly present sounds like a good idea - having all of them around at the same time feels forced and kind of worrysome. I kind of wish there was some limit to how many a faction could have. One or two is enough to change a fight drastically, 3 or more of them combined with ~$15,000 in artifacts and I don't even see the point in trying anymore.

i'm a rebel

• they aren't that powerful Tesha...  Especially in group combat, aside from very situationally smart use with the earthshaker.

a little over-dramatic for the effort the admin put in for another fun avenue of conflict.

• I agree, Paincatcher is like.... 

well I'd take my SoA over it any day. They're like mini-arties for people without arties.  

• Isn't one a free starburst, another a buffed SoA, another an uber-buffed tailsweep, and another basically breathrain bow? Those are pretty powerful. :|

i'm a rebel

• The best relic is purely for bashing....

• The bow only hits everyone else in room for like 300-400. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Actually, Alrena qq'd about half an hour before the raid began. Ellodin hasn't been here. Get your facts straight!

That said, I don't really like the hoarding mentality, but at the same time it's kind of understandable given they're new and nobody (sorry guys, just the facts here) wants Ashtan to have yet more power in their hands (whether this is fair or not is up for debate, but I'm just saying what everyone is thinking, don't shoot the messenger, etc).

We've also not had it in obscure places, just the city. I thought about it and I can come up with 10x more griefy, annoying ways to hide these things than what we're doing, but they are in the city. I held them a long while, being visible and both online (I did journal for about 20 minutes to eat dinner, I was otherwise here). So your raid was... kinda pointless, other than just you being rowr or whatever.

I'm not particuarly enthused about the relics, hoarding mentality is boring, and there's no real way to actually enjoy these things without getting super-ganked the moment you step outside of most safety zones, exempting EU hours. Then they'll just be hoarded in Ashtan, and then... see the vicious cycle?

I don't really know how to fix it. It's an issue I'm not sure has a resolution.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • free starburst - used to be the norm

buffed SoA - doesn't matter a whole lot with 3-10 people wailing on you

uber-buffed tailsweep - nope hits everyone not just enemies

breathrain bow - less dmg than a lupine or choke, but does have about 400-500 dmg AoE attack that's not going to do much outside of certain tactics

• Melodie said:

Actually, Alrena qq'd about half an hour before the raid began. Ellodin hasn't been here. Get your facts straight!

Well ya we knew that, but she did purposefully not give them to someone on her team.  We're just nipping that in the bud the only way we can.

• Dunn said:
    The bow only hits everyone else in room for like 300-400. 

Oh. I thought it was closer to 2000-3000. That's not too bad. Earthshaker is the next strongest but not too bad on its own. Lifegiver + Paincatcher is a rather potent combo, though.

i'm a rebel

• well thank god it's not useless

• Why would it be good for them all to be overpowered? :|

i'm a rebel

• it wouldn't