Ridicule is motivation!

So I'm trying to lose some weight and get fit and I thought what better way to make myself keep up my training than open myself up to the cold, heartless trolls that I know you all are.

I will be posting weekly for my own benefit, regardless of trolling and when I feel a bit more positive about myself, may post some pictures.

So here are my credentials to date - 27/06/2014

Male

5ft 4 inches

25 years old

174 pounds

Goal weight

150 pounds

Weight by August - 160

Loss per week - 3 pounds per week

Workout today:

squats - 55kg

5 x 5 sets - 60 seconds between sets

bench - 40kg

5 x 5 sets - 60 seconds between sets

barbell row - 50kg

5x5 sets - 60 seconds between sets

Wish me luck or troll me horrendously!

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    you smell

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • lol 55kg squats what are you, a woman?

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

You will never be CT Fletcher.

• lol 55kg squats what are you, a woman?

weight goes up each week - start low to ease back into it!

• HexanHexan In the shadows
    Good luck! ^~^
  • I know what you mean Berenene and can understand it can be hurtful, I meant to use it as my motivator to keep my eye on the prize - I get distracted too easily and lose focus a lot. Hope the title didn't bring back any unplesant memories! Also, I think I saw a picture of your weight loss posted here? (may be mistaken) but if I did, and it was you I saw, you've done a heck of a lot and should be very proud! More dedication than most.

• I mean if you're gonna be 5'4, at least be in shape.

/troll mode off

Work hard and work smart. 

I know a large amount regarding diet and lifting/general biomechanics due to spending most my time in undergrad and for some years after pursuing bodybuilding and then powerlifting, so if you have any questions I'm happy to lend an ear.
  • I do cardio about 3 times a week, either a 3 mile run or I do a 10k static bike ride over 30 minutes on a cross country setting - I'm not necessarily unfit, just flabby and heavy which sucks even more.

Hoping the weights will trim me down and maybe lose the fat so I guess the fat is more important than the goal weight, I just remember being about 135-145 a few years back and I was in really great shape and very quick and sporty and I just sort of let myself go.

• No that's bullshit. You can lose weight visa weightlifting if you do high intensity lifting.  I don't do anything but lift and run a mile and a half for my pt tests one per six months.

• No that's bullshit. You can lose weight visa weightlifting if you do high intensity lifting.  I don't do anything but lift and run a mile and a half for my pt tests one per six months

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

run a mile and a half

that's hell and a half.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • it sucks and you can most definitely lose weight and even get cardiovascularly fit from nothing but weights

• This sounds like a job for a mean bitch who didn't get to spit on some homeless people today!

Get up fat fuck and get to workin off your fat ass?

Was that mean enough? Do you feel motivated?

• edited June 2014
    @Halios the 'move more eat less' theory is for people that are obscenely obese or for people that want to do competition.  I'm a huge advocate of the eat more more heavy weight theory, but you have to eat clean.  On any given night I'll down about a cup of couscous, a half a chicken, etc.  I eat a TON but I maintain a decent physique because of what I do eat. 

To expand on that, I would also say never take anyone else's diet advice because everyone's different. My high-carb diet may make you get super-fat, but your low-carb high protein diet might make me super-fat.

@Seftin for diet advice there's no better site than EXRX.net

Also when you get into lifting and you need some help, I've been lifting for about thirteen years now so I kinda know what I'm doing. 

• @Mithridates your response makes me feel like you didn't really read my post.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

That's what she said?

• Lucky man

• Good luck! And don't die.  

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited June 2014
    Ruth said:

Be careful if you do choose to run to lose weight. Don't push yourself over your limit if you're starting out. I've seen my fair share of cases in my hospital where people collapse during such exercises due to cardiopulmonary distress (I.e their body is screaming for oxygen and their heart is beating too fast trying to supply non-existent oxygen to the rest of your body, because they can't seem to catch their breath and they collapse.)

Pace yourself and perhaps tell yourself you'll try to run a little further every week.

Or the Crossfit endorsed Rhabdo.

If you like running a lot of people I know have had success with couch to 5k, which is a linear program with slow progression and guidance for beginners.

• Crossfit is stupid.