Returning player, unsure of what city/house to join

Hello,

I've just returned to playing Achaea again after having left for about 2 years. I'm a serpent, and looking to get mostly into thievery and espionage, maybe some pvp. However, due to IRL commitments for the next few months I can only play semi casually. As I understand it, Mhaldor is out of the option because of that. I was thinking of joining the sentinels in eleusis (because i hear its the hotbed now for combat), but would shadowsnakes/serpentlords be a better choice?

Will really appreciate your input guys, thanks!

Comments

• EiredhelEiredhel California

Hrm, have you had a chance to roleplay with various people in those Houses since you returned? If not, I suggest you do that first, as the players in those organizations and their policies may have changed since you last played. 

It seems you stopped playing right as I started. I'm in the Serpentlord House, so if you see me about or anyone else from the Cult, feel free to shoot out a feeler. 

Other people in the Cult would be @Ayleth, @Zekk@Valkyre‌, @Lacertix, those are ones that are about multiple times a day and would be easy enough to bump into while traveling within the walls of Hashan. 

Since single Class Houses are pretty much going out the window soon, Sentinels may be a better choice if you don't want a huge change in the coming months. But if you want to really get involved with Serpent stuff and don't mind everything ending up on its head possibly and large sweeping leadership changes then the Cult or the Snakes would be a great place to get your character on it's way.

See you in game!

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• Eiredhel said:

It seems you stopped playing right as I started. I'm in the Serpentlord House, so if you see me about or anyone else from the Cult, feel free to shoot out a feeler. 

Other people in the Cult would be @Ayleth, @Zekk@Valkyre‌, @Lacertix, those are ones that are about multiple times a day and would be easy enough to bump into while traveling within the walls of Hashan. 

As often as I'm around, I'm not easy to spot. If you think I'm around just shoot me a tell or a message (the latter is preferred). If the former goes through, I'm here, and if I respond quick enough to the message.. I'm either online or surfing tumblr and paying attention to the awesome IRE extension for Chrome. 

So, um, yes. @Zekk, @Valkyre, @Lacertix, and @Eiredhel might be far easier to reach (despite I'm around more often than all of them, except maybe Zekk), but that's entirely up to you.

Eiredhel said:

Since single Class Houses are pretty much going out the window soon, Sentinels may be a better choice if you don't want a huge change in the coming months. But if you want to really get involved with Serpent stuff and don't mind everything ending up on its head possibly and large sweeping leadership changes then the Cult or the Snakes would be a great place to get your character on it's way.

With the bolded selection, you have @Rangor, @Rom, @Logistics, and a few other Sentinel-friendly people (that I can't remember off the top of my head) who are fantastic to talk to about combat and Nature-y stuff. (I miss you guys. :() The italicized statement, the Snakes have a lot of hidden members (and I'm not quite sure who else is in the house [yay secrecy] except for those listed in HELP SHADOWSNAKES) and they're a great house, too, from what I've heard and interacted with the few members I know of. The Cult is... in a transition period at the moment. Lots of changes happening and, hopefully, soon we'll have everything set in place before the ACTUAL hardcoded details come into play.

There's other selections here, too, if you don't want to find yourself in Ashtan, Eleusis, or Hashan, even though those are the ones you listed. You can fight for Creation in Targossas (any of their houses accept the serpent class and Harbingers is FANTASTIC if you love to write, preach, do rituals, etc and Dawn...something is really great if you want to get into combat. @Tesha, @Hanley, and a few others are great fun to roleplay with when it comes to factional things and learning serpent combat (though, they fall into the Mhaldor category when it comes to casual RP. I think the being raiding has toned down a bit, but I haven't bothered to check.)

Then there's Cyrene, too. They're not really combative, same as Hashan, but @Iocun and @Bronislav are the guys to talk to there. 

• I would also suggest making an alt and going and looking at the houses that you're interested in, before you get committed in it.   Also, almost every place is going through huge changes.  Cyrene just got three new houses, and they're the second in line.

• I agree. There's no shame in leaving a house after trying it and seeing it's not right for you. And when your character is still young and you know how to behave yourself, you probably won't have too much difficulties in a new city/house accepting you after quitting another.

• Yes, but if you have a list of five houses that you're interested in, rather than just one or two, it can make things easier to check it out as an alt.  Instead of house hopping like it's hot.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Great to have you back with us @Naethas‌!

• @Ayleth Thats actually really nice of you to say! Though I have to agree, the zelotry is kind of hard to get past some times and to the outside world it makes us look like Mhaldorians... but that being said. Once you actually get into the RP of whatever city you pick, if it be Targossas, Hashan, Eleusis, Cyrene, Ashtan, or Mhaldor, you are bound to find amazing people to RP with both inside and outside of your city. Just keep an open mind when it comes to RP because everyone is different and people in game change just like people in real life. Its just how things work!

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!