Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ships in Harbors Are Too Safe

2»

Comments

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Willing to take the hit so that future events are planned better for these sorts of eventualities.

Sylvance
  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyPosts: 1,068Member

Ah well, we tried to guilt you off that ship by killing denizens and trying to raid Targossas. But nobody there means its a little hard to get a sanction started. Lets see what else we can come up with if the admins don't make the sceptre reset on boarding a docked ship.

I have no problem with an undocked ship being used, that way we could hunt it down and force board it.

DaslinDaeir
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean

Can't guilt a Caefir. Could have told you that.

I'm going to hate myself ICly for a while though.

Daeir said:

Can't guilt a Caefir. Could have told you that.

I'm going to hate myself ICly for a while though.

I was hoping to kill enough citizens and telling them all it was your fault. But there weren't really many on so meh, next time I guess. I bet the issue gets addressed before we get to that point again.

Daeir
  • NaverreNaverre Posts: 304Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

While there's been a lot of talk about the event and being abused with ships, I wish I'd heard more about ships outside of it. Like I said, this is only the most recent example of how horrible ships-in-harbors can be. When the event is over, outrage will go away except for the few of us who occasionally run into the people who hide in them, and even then it's only for the time we sit and wait for them to get out before moving onto more interesting things (so, like, an Achaean day, maybe).

@Blujixapug Man, I would totally AWOX their ass, but there's this pesky thing called HELP SECONDS that gets in the way, and while I look good in green, I'd prefer it not be a permanent thing. That's a whole other discussion on espionage and infiltration that we shouldn't start in this thread, because it's something that'll never get anywhere.

I still have fond memories of that one guy who infiltrated the Naga and kicked everyone out (this was back in the days of guilds, so it REALLY hurt). Can't remember his name, unfortunately. It didn't end well for him, though.

Stealthboarding or something equivalent? Or are we just going to get a temporary fix for the length of this event?

• BlujixapugBlujixapug Posts: 1,824Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

iceberg iceberg iceberg

MelodieDaeirShirszaeAntidas
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,639Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2014

Not sure if @Daeir's posts got purged or he has me forum blocked....

Trilliana
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,630Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Definitely was some purging in this thread, missing a ton of posts.

"You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • SarapisSarapis Posts: 3,396Member, Administrator Achaean staff
    Some people got flagged as trolls, meaning all their posts will now be hidden from others.

Some people seem to have forgotten forum rule #1: "Don't be a jerk."

KyrraTohran
  • JulesJules Posts: 2,169Member @ - Epic Achaean

Now the thread just has Ashtani telling Targossas "be more fucking hardcore brah".  Always missing the party, I am.

• TeshaTesha Posts: 2,830Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2014

I get that sitting on a ship with the event item is lame, but from our point of view, we were relatively certain we'd only be able to have the sceptre for the first 5 days of the whole month, then wouldn't have another chance. We wanted to get as many points as possible while we could just so we stood a chance. It wasn't about abusing things because the other side would, we just didn't want to get hopelessly steamrolled.

If it was 5v1 like it originally was with the 60 people in the room at Haag (10 of which were Targossian), or the ~10 v 20 in the tundra when Ashtan/Mhaldor/some sentinel came to wipe us, I'm not sure how Targossas would be expected to score any points. Only way we got the facet was Ashtan making a mistake.

Looks like things are turning away from the 5v1 scenario, though, so we're not going to be sitting on a ship all day anymore (haven't for a while now). I'm hearing people are forbidding the alliances, which is surprising to me because I expected a month of 1v5. We decided not to sit on a ship if Ashtan's backing out and it won't be like the first fight in the Tundra.

Also just got some news that things will be a little more even, so I don't see a need to use ships in the near future, either.

i'm a rebel

Tesha said:

We decided not to sit on a ship if Ashtan's backing out and it won't be like the first fight in the Tundra.

We're backing out of any alliance, we'll win for Maklak on our own. So don't worry, we're still coming at Targ with all we have.

Shirszae
  • SiduriSiduri Posts: 1,441Member @ - Epic Achaean

@Daeir was just subtly making a point concerning his last classlead idea, the one concerning docked ship infiltration. IF we had all supported his idea, back then, there'd be no point hiding on a ship. Oh, that sly bastard. I see what you did there, Daeir!

• BlujixapugBlujixapug Posts: 1,824Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

lol at Sarapis going old testament and @Daeir getting forum muted for event-ruining.

ErnamJovoloSherazadValaria

I got muted?

SherazadKeiSylvance
2»
Sign In to Comment.