Moods are going away

edited May 2014 in North of Thera

Finally decided what I wanted to do with them, and other than the Dragon ones, we're getting rid of them.

Replacing them will be:

• Extending emoticon and expressiveness to tells, channels, and yells (but not shouts).
  • Custom poses that you can set to define what you look like in a room.

We may add something for enter/exit in the future, though it would be selecting from a pre-made list, not making your own.

We'll be refunding the appropriate crowns to everyone who bought moods from the Shop of Wonders with them. (Already removed from the shop.)

Edit: All done. HELP POSES and HELP EXPRESSIVENESS.

Comments

• NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas

Noooooo not city/house emotes PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods

Noooooo not city/house emotes PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE

Orgs can already purchase their own emotes through their patron.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Lame.. I kinda liked the moods...

• About damn time :P

• Jurixe said:

Fun fact: I tried to do that IRL and have no idea how it's done. No possible twist of my fingers even looks like an 'N'. I was considering replacing it, but didn't have the time/inspiration.

Maybe whoever wrote that emote doesn't have fingers. Don't be insensitive. :(

Closest I got was holding pointer finger straight, bending middle finger to touch nail of pointer finger, and keeping ring finger straight parallel to the part of the middle finger that is also straight.

Then I gave up before I hurt myself.

i'm a rebel

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

Legitimate Naga emote:

Considering whom to relieve of valuables next, you drag three fingers shaped in a crude 'N' across your wrist.

Sizing up Tasuu as your next mark, you drag three fingers shaped in a crude 'N' quickly across your wrist.

naga 4 lyfe

• edited May 2014

Thank you!!!!!

Those were headache-y although a good experiment.... lots of people tended to pick the same ones which made them... a lot less special... and most of the moods were only relevant for a short period of time. 

I'm excited about poses! :D 

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Jurixe said:

Fun fact: I tried to do that IRL and have no idea how it's done. No possible twist of my fingers even looks like an 'N'. I was considering replacing it, but didn't have the time/inspiration.

I tried to figure it out multiple times IRL while I was Naga as well...never could get it. Doesn't change the fact that its a cool emote though!

• Antidas said:
    Jurixe said:

I tried to figure it out multiple times IRL while I was Naga as well...never could get it. Doesn't change the fact that its a cool emote though!

Perhaps the breaking and chopping of certain digits will help.

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jurixe said:

Jurixe said:

This is also me trying to figure out how in the hell the Ebon First bow would be performed in RL. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

This is truly great to hear. I really look forward to seeing this go live in the future!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    Jurixe said:

lowercase

And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Then the emote would say 'n' instead of 'N'.
  • Good call! can't wait for the changes.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Ellodin said:
    Jurixe said:

lowercase

:O I never even thought of that. But then it looks like a horseshoe. :|

Also @Kresslack, the EF one is basically a Chinese-style bow, with the left hand open in front of you and the right fist pressing into the left hand's palm.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Clearly the Achaean (or perhaps more importantly, the Mhaldorian) symbol for N is different than the Roman letter. That or you all just aren't Naga enough IRL to do it.
  • Any word on whether the Mayan Crowns returned will be bound or unbound?

Ideally would be reset to whatever they were before, because I bought 4 crowns and bound them specifically for the Shadow mood, but I'm sure I'll find something to get if we get them back bound.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jurixe said:
    Ellodin said:
    Jurixe said:

lowercase

:O I never even thought of that. But then it looks like a horseshoe. :|

Also @Kresslack, the EF one is basically a Chinese-style bow, with the left hand open in front of you and the right fist pressing into the left hand's palm.

You lock your right thumb in your left fist and deftly slide your right hand into an open palm beneath the clenched fist, bowing respectfully as you do so.

It just always threw me for a loop with the beginning part, about locking the right thumb in the left fist. I spent entirely too long one night sitting here practicing it and trying to puzzle it out. 

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited May 2014

Oh, then it's the other way around.

Lock your right thumb in your left fist now, then fold your right palm against the knuckles of your left fist. So the fingers of your right hand should be pointing upwards from the knuckles of your left fist. I suppose instead of 'beneath', a more appropriate word to use would have been 'above', then it might make more sense in that emote.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

Thanks for that, people running around with a specific mood (such as sad) and then romping around like a happy madman ticked me off a bit.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• BronislavBronislav Maryland

I'm a little disappointed - some of the moods were legitimately fun to see. Even so, I'm more intrigued by the economic aspect of this: the number of Mayan Crowns are going to go up, while the lack of shiny new moods are going to bump down the demand...Unless we get some Shop of Wonders items that are a little more interesting than "8 Ocarinas that do the exact same thing for different ecosystems". :)

• Jurixe said:

What? And here I was thinking that all Serpents, let alone Naga, have double-jointed fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders(also, pelvises)!