DayZ Standalone

Anyone play? I'd like to get a regular group together, right now I'm just an on-again/off-again duo.

Comments

• I used to play it often with my housemate. I'd get into it again, but not sure.

I also live in Australia, so I'm limited to only playing with Aussies/NZers.
  • I play Day Z and it sucks because I wander around for hours, manage to get kind of set up and turn around to get blasted in the face. Would be so much better with friends! My steam is Busriderthomas
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    My lappy is too slow to run it. If I ever get around to getting a better computer, I'd be interested to play. I really want to.
  • Has it improved recently? Are zombies actually a threat now? It had promise, but really all there was too do when I played was to fight players after finding an assault rifle.
  • I used to play this and ran quite a big clan of 80 people with two dedicated servers was fun but we all kinda branched off due to life and now its no more but would gladly if times permit to launch back into it. 
  • God, would love to find someone running a server. Being able to kick hackers and twats is a godsend. Sounds weird, but I'd be stoked to find an RP server.

• There's plenty and if I recall servers are fairly cheap monthly generally come with a vent or ts as well
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I've wanted Day Z RP ever since I saw this video:

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I used to play DayZ, but uh. H1Z1 is better. Hands down. Rust isn't bad, but it's a different type of game in the same realm of possibility.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Disagree wholeheartedly. The community in H1Z1 is more toxic, which is saying something, and it's been my experience that the hackers are much more pervasive. I do enjoy the crafting and loot system a lot more, but it's just not worth it.

• 7 days to die isn't bad from my experience. Put in 199 hours already.
  • I like 7D2D, but it doesn't have quite the same feel.

• It is a different type of game, but if you are playing alone...I would suggest Project Zomboid. I really love that game and how it portrays the situation.