A brief Hello :)

Hello there!!

I'm new to the game and the forums. I'm a little Targossian priest and I have to say i'm really enjoying it although I don't have much knowledge of coding or MUDs in general. I'm a member of the Mudlet clan but I was wondering if there were any other resources that might be worth my while to check? in order to get in with the basics. Also, I'm interested in "attempting" the combat scene.

I was told making my balance recovery more noticeable was a start so I'm looking to add things to that and since the forums tend to house the experienced players I thought it might be good to get your opinions on where to start? advice/guidance?

Comments

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    The best advice I can give you: don't be Ovid.
  • DakotahDakotah Wales, UK
    okay, my inexperience showing but who the hell is Ovid?

• edited April 2014
    EDIT:
    Aerek Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Dude who bought literally every artefact in the game or something and who doesn't do anything. like, I've never even seen him talk. Point is, play for a while and get to know folks before you splurge everything you have on it. It's a lot more fun as a multiplayer game rather than a singleplayer!

I think you're thinking of Ottis. Ovid was the Qashar posterboy that got the Divine wrist slap for using every dirty trick in the book to kill everyone they didn't like.

As for resources: The Mudlet clan is great, as is the SVO (main curing system) clan, and I believe there's an Omnipave clan as well (similar to SVO).  I'd ask your combat folks in Targ about how to go about the combat stuff - I legitimately have no clue how Priest works, but I can tell you this. There are Traits that you can pick that do things like decrease your balance/equilibrium time, but changing traits is expensive. Think about them and talk them over with folks before picking.

I'd type more, but I'm literally passing out right now. Hope you stick to the game and enjoy!
  • Join Mhaldor. :)
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Orzaansyn don't you dare. The boy will join Ashtan!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Dude who bought literally every artefact in the game or something and who doesn't do anything. like, I've never even seen him talk. Point is, play for a while and get to know folks before you splurge everything you have on it. It's a lot more fun as a multiplayer game rather than a singleplayer!

I think you're thinking of Ottis. Ovid was the Qashar posterboy that got the Divine wrist slap for using every dirty trick in the book to kill everyone they didn't like.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:

this is what I get for responding at 5 AM. ty
    edited April 2014
    Orzaansyn said:
    Join Mhaldor. :)
    Errr, thanks but no thanks. I'm afraid the Dawnlord and the rest of Targossas are just too much fun!
    Daslin said:
    @Orzaansyn don't you dare. The boy will join Ashtan!
    also, I'm a girl! 
    Ourania said:
    Hi! And welcome to Achaea!
    Thank you!

I also don't play on being a jerk face so it's safe to say that I won't be doing an Ovid! As for the svo clan. I will have to look it up, I had only heard of the mudlet one.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Keep your dirty Mhaldorian paws off my protege.  Hiya Dakotah.  Poke me when you see me next and I'll help you get into SVO.  Oh and I'll help you fix up what i sent you found out you are missing a couple of pieces of that.
    Shit. I feel bad for calling you a boy. Well then! Still, Ashtan better, we have people, and bacon. And chocolate covered bacon.

OH! And burgers.

Suck on that Mhaldor.
  • Mhaldor has rats on a stick, 'nuff said

edited April 2014
    Daslin said:
    Shit. I feel bad for calling you a boy. Well then! Still, Ashtan better, we have people, and bacon. And chocolate covered bacon.

OH! And burgers.

Suck on that Mhaldor.

You're forgiven and we have Lady Aurora. BOOM! Mega points!
    Daeir said:
    What Ashtan and Mhaldor do not have, unfortunately, is Aurora and Deucalion.

Lose a lot of points for that.
    yeah, that. Damn I need to learn to read all posts before responding and @Carmell. Will do! 

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    But Ashtan has two bars, a duck pond, a lake, a creperie, some hideous statues of Ashtani leaders, also hot girls,  hot boys,  cheeky humgiis, witches that pinch your bottom, drunken guards, and oh so much more! 

man I miss walnut welcome wagon...oh well.
     yes, sir.
    Targossas has some attractive residents too! not that I'm saying who :p 

Oh, and don't forget, we have @Vastar's abs
  • If you haven't already got a curing system, you might want to consider giving the server-side curing system that Achaea provides a try. Nemutaur and Jarrod have been posting some useful information about making use of it in this thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/2174/serverside-curing-theory
    @Daeir Damn, I just chortled and lost half my cuppa tea *sad face* 

@Antonius Thanks, I'll take a look at the link for any useful information. I do have svo though. I've changed my balance and equilibrium to be more noticeable like the omni setup as I tried the free version of that for a while. I found it confusing but I liked that feature.

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Welcome!!! Hope you continue to enjoy yourself

• HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Welcome! Are you a Budgie (band not the bird) fan per chance?
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • FYI if someone says you're acting like @Ovid, it's a compliment. Don't listen to these nay-sayers. 

• Jozlyn said:
    But Ashtan has two bars, a duck pond, a lake, a creperie, some hideous statues of Ashtani leaders, also hot girls,  hot boys,  cheeky humgiis, witches that pinch your bottom, drunken guards, and oh so much more! 

man I miss walnut welcome wagon...oh well.

Targossas has an eldritch abomination player. 

• And an eldritch abomination character, played by a very human player. I think I should switch with @Synbios, just for shits and giggles.

• Siduri said:
    And an eldritch abomination character, played by a very human player. I think I should switch with @Synbios, just for shits and giggles.

Ah, I remember the time when we got accidentally trapped in a locked room in the city. I was about to be victimized by some of your vaguely nefarious schemes to undo my arcane grip in this reality. Good thing we prismed out instead.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Yes

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Haldon said:
    Welcome! Are you a Budgie (band not the bird) fan per chance?
    Heard of the name but can't say I am as I haven't heard any of their music.

@Dakotah Welp, you just ran into a kind version of Daslin. How do you feel?
  • @Daslin you mean there is a mean version of Daslin? :O

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!