Which roleplaying groups are active? What's happening, and who's looking for new players?

I hope you can help me. Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but as a new player, I'm still trying to orient myself. One of the first things I do in any new game is look for the centers of activity. There's always some ambitious individual who wants to lead an organization and start events which involve more than a few personal connections. I don't know if I can be one of those as a newbie - I fear I simply might not have the power, and I don't know how the game works yet. But I'd love to watch the active groups and see how things work around here. Could you possibly point me in the right direction? :o

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    The Crown Institute of Alchemy, a clan in Hashan is quite a significant and growing group centered around Alchemist roleplay right now.
  • I have a feeling Targossas is probably pretty vibrant right now, and still in great need of members for its new organizations, and I'd also hope that there's lots of God/admin attention there as well.  Hopefully some Targossas people will chime in.  
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    You mentioned a sense of powerlessness, you might be ripe for fascist/religious indoctrination!
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Targossas is always looking for more people that want to RP Good and such.  We do have a lot of God support right now because we're still a new city that is growing.
  • I'm active. I like to roleplay. I'm in Targossas, and I feel it's important that I post here just to balance the lure of the Vayne, which appears to be necessary even in OOC venues. ;)

I'm sure it's going to be said eventually though: there's pretty decent rp everywhere, if you're out roleplaying, you'll find people to roleplay with no matter where you are. 
  • @Targossas, @Aurora, @Deucalion, Targossian Houses.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• I enjoy the Votaries of Light in Targossas. There is a lot of rp there, but in General Targossas is pretty good for rp anyway.
  • I've had a level 80 character in Cyrene, Targossas and Ashtan and a level 50 character in Hashan. So far Hashan has impressed me the most in terms of available RP and people willing to talk to you. Cyrene is fun, and if you like RP that doesn't take itself very seriously that'd be my choice. Ashtan was pretty decent as well. Targossas, for me, has been the worst. I've not once had any sort of interaction there that made things click in the Dawnspear for me. 

• @Vithincus‌ you're comparing organizations with tons of history to a new city and even newer houses. Of course they won't have the depth of other cities and houses.  People don't every consider the growing pains Targ has to go through.  

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

Targossas has a lot of potential for RP, all they need is more time to deal with some baby-hiccups.

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Well as Tharvis mentioned Targossas can be fun if some us slow down. I am willing to rp with you. You kinda just gotta get out there and learn about people and talk to them.

• Definitely found lots of opportunities at home in Targossas.  Most people are willing to jump into most anything and are fairly patient for a bunch of fanatics bent on saving the world. Just yeah, we are a smaller city so sometimes spread a bit thin.

• @Vithincus you say you've never had interaction that made things click, but I think I recall your character literally disagreeing with Aurora right in front of her, and I don't recall seeing you seek other interaction; you're a bit of a lone wolf. Which is okay, but you can't really blame Targossas for that if your character is disagreeing with the literal heart and soul of Targossas while keeping to himself. We're not going to hunt you down and shove interaction down your throat, and expecting us to seems odd. As I've heard said everywhere, Achaea is what you make of it, and Targossas is no different. You need to make things happen yourself; occasionally things will fall into your lap, but for the most part, being the one to say 'hi' is going to get you a lot further than waiting for someone else to. I've never once had any difficulty at all in finding people to talk to in Targossas, from my time as a novice to current. Don't be shy. :)

i'm a rebel

• The Mhaldor Forum Brigade is severely underrepresented here. @Xenomorph! I summon thee!

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Yeah sorry about my last post. I was frustrated and lashed out without thinking. @Tesha‌ you have a point about my expectations being wrong. I need to make much more of a serious effort finding interaction myself before I can say Targossas is the worst at anything. @Mithridates‌ you're right. I came up before the academy and houses were ready. Though now that the houses are in part of me kind of misses life without them. 

• I always found @Vithincus really easy to talk to and he was never from my city.

• SarienoSarieno Spokane, WA

I'm pretty friendly. Come roleplay in Hashan, we definitely exist.

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • <--- Is new. Loves arpee. Come hither.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    What the hells? @Xenomorph was summoned and he doesn't show up?! Damn, what is this world coming to? Anyways, Ashtan is awful fun. Mhaldor is neat if you can find it. Hashan is Hashan. Targ needs a little tlc, eleusis is flowery, and Cyrene is cupcake oriented.

• I started out from Cyrene and it was very nice place with lots and lots of people to play with most of the time. Then I discovered Shallam and realized I really liked the action and the RP in there, been a team Good member every since ^_^