Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Music Thread

ThaumasThaumas Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
edited August 2012 in The Universal Membrane
Samakhulis

Comments

• ThaumasThaumas Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Here's more saccharine everyone likes. I just want to test the speed because I avoided it on old forums and I liked the thread.

BeatrixTvistorIff
    Not bad so far. Here's more sugar:

• EiredhelEiredhel Hashan or CaliforniaMember Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited August 2012
    Ambient:  http://www.pandora.com/station/play/797358883356039522

Rock, Alternative, and Indie ... I think some metal... not sure: http://www.pandora.com/station/play/604677300313676130

Post edited by Eiredhel on

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• MannimarMannimar Member Posts: 973 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Eiredhel I can see my friends and I recreating the dance at the end of that first video XD
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,246 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Eiredhel I got to see 30 Seconds to Mars live last year. Front row, too. They were pretty awesome, even the songs I hated on their albums.
    edited August 2012
    @Mannimar DITTO!

Edit:  I don't do it on camera. But this. And stop it Manni, you're making many, MANY embarrassing memories come to mind. (it won't let me post more ;-;)

@Jiraishin . . . words cannot express my feelings towards this. I'm so jealous! Jared Leto tweeted me once... so I'll cling to that moment for the rest of my life! 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• MannimarMannimar Member Posts: 973 @ - Epic Achaean
    I have very weird friends we dress up and reenact a lot of things... It's quite fun
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Mazzington
  • JiraishinJiraishin trapped in a thawing block of iceMember Posts: 1,246 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Really awesome song once you get past the long intro.

And to think this was a comedy trio.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Seems fitting, and a great song....

AradorRakon
    I think "Planet Hell" was the only song by them I liked.
    I don’t regret the days that I discarded,
    I don’t feel sorry for the lilac of my soul.
    The purple rowan burning in the garden
    Can’t warm and comfort anyone at all.
    Seafaring songs...coming across a lot lately, it seems.

• RugnarRugnar Member Posts: 29 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited August 2012
    If videos slow the forum down, and it's just the music you want to share, you can always embed things like grooveshark. Like so (and another seafaring song): 

Keelhauled by Alestorm on Grooveshark
    IdelisaXaden
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, nvm. How do I embed like that?
    Little Pink House by The Czars on Grooveshark
    Rugnar
    edited August 2012
    Rugnar said:
    If videos slow the forum down, and it's just the music you want to share, you can always embed things like grooveshark. Like so (and another seafaring song): 

Keelhauled by Alestorm on Grooveshark
    Good site, good suggestion, and I personally like that song; had posted it on the old boards. Here's another:

Edit: Well, that didn't work. What did you guys do to embed the widget?

• RugnarRugnar Member Posts: 29 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited August 2012
    Heh weird, can't get it to work either now.
    edited August 2012
    Damn, had to have been too good to be true. Where, here's the song I was talking about:

On Grooveshark, click on "Share", then choose embed. Copy the code to clipboard.

Here, click on the "Show source" button, clear the text and paste.
    RugnarKresslack
  • SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, ColoradoMember Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    My current bashin' album - TFK - The End is Where We Begin 
    Contributions to the Parodies thread:

Colorado July 2014 meet photos here, here and even here! Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

A Sailorman's Hymn by Kamelot on Grooveshark

The Mariner's Revenge Song by The Decemberists on Grooveshark

• AlmondusAlmondus Member Posts: 30
    One of my favourite songs, that I finally got to see performed live last weekend >.>

• AradorArador Member Posts: 1,693 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    For the past few months I have just remained completely in awe of how good Nightwish's Imaginaerum album is.

Eurgh, Nightwish. I could never stand the band. Full of uber-epic narm and taking itself dead seriously. But seeing that much critical acclaim, I'll listen. I hope I won't like it, but it does seem like it's pretty good.
  • AlmondusAlmondus Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2012
    To hell with this newer metal stuff.

Sign In to Comment.