Looking for someone to make me a 235+ speed rapier

I'll pay 100 credits.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    market Looking for someone to make me a 235+ speed rapier

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Oof, I hate to break it to you, but... most people'll ask for more than that, if the other stats are good :/

Good luck, though!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I have a 70 166 235 rapier for sale (220 months left).  But yea, prices are high because forging is crap and only about 3 people even forge.
  • Thanks! Any idea how much one would cost?
  • Oh the days where an 83/166/231 cost 30 credits and a 70/150/235 cost 10 credits.
  • A "standard" 70/150/235 rapier will go for around 135-150 credits on its own.  G'luck, bub.
  • edited March 2014
    Honestly, there's no such thing as standard pricing anymore, it depends on how much the forger likes you.

I've seen worst swords than the aforementioned 70/166/235 go for over 100, and better ones go for less, so it's kind of a crapshoot.

ETA: Hand it over, Achilles.
  • Hmm, sounds like I got some friends to make haha.
    Well I don't forge to really make a IC profit, and my IC stance would preclude me from selling to citizens of Ashtan, Hashan and Mhaldor plus any enemies of Targossas and Deucora.  I'd sell this rapier for around 100-150 credits depending on the market.  I'd definitely cut a price break to a fellow Targossian who I felt would actually be able to use this rapier effectively.
  • I have a DSL alias. Just sayin'
  • Im a Cyrene bard in the house of CIJ. I'm actually relatively new to achaea. I'd love to have a decent rapier and I'm willing to pay 150 credits for it
  • I really hope "new" forging takes the presence/absence of unbelievably committed forgers into account.  I've always got the impression that admin never anticipated the "standard" rapier as we've come to expect/take for granted.
  • Tirac said:
    150 credits? Things must be tough in the third world, aka not aboard the m-train. @Trey used to throw these things away like he was making it rain.
    I really did, man. I don't know what happened to forging but I have been hitting less and less of them in the last few years. I think invisible tweaks have been made, but then I'm not sure. I'd be very disappointed if they did that with no announcements. I guess it's not my call regardless, though.

Trey said:
    Tirac said:
    150 credits? Things must be tough in the third world, aka not aboard the m-train. @Trey used to throw these things away like he was making it rain.
    I really did, man. I don't know what happened to forging but I have been hitting less and less of them in the last few years. I think invisible tweaks have been made, but then I'm not sure. I'd be very disappointed if they did that with no announcements. I guess it's not my call regardless, though.
    I'm pretty sure they did.  I've forged a ton of rapiers and I'm still well under 20 rapiers of 235 speed and above.  
  • Achilles said:
    Trey said:
    Tirac said:
    I'm pretty sure they did.  I've forged a ton of rapiers and I'm still well under 20 rapiers of 235 speed and above.  
    As I understand it, the probabilities for forging stats are pretty straightforward. Shouldn't be too hard to collect some statistics and see if they pan out as expected.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    The amount of time spent forging and how variable the stats are on weapons and armour is something that has always put me off. It's not fun to log into a game and spend hours and hours standing at a forge, where it's incredibly spammy, and after all that time (and expense on commodities) you may not even produce anything good at all. I used to forge my own weapons and armour, but after a while, I looked into artifacts just to have a decentish weapon that won't decay, so I could spend my time actually doing things.

I sincerely hope that there will be changes to forging once it is broken off as a trade skill, otherwise it'll just be the same three or four people still forging, and everyone else that refuses to enter a forge can have something else to do. If it didn't feel like such a massive waste of time (even synthesising is remotely faster and actually productive) I am sure that far more people would do it. And in theory, more people doing it would potentially mean more goods on the market which could lower the overall prices that people are willing to pay, which could help fix the terrible economy. I'm probably daydreaming on that part though :P
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited March 2014
    I paid Peak 5000 steel to forge me 1000 rapiers, sold several and profited and also got a 82/165/231

Bought a 90/165/232 from @Trey for I think 170 iirc.

Better off finding someone to forge and paying for a large amount and selling the cast offs.

Edit: Damages and accuracies are estimates. Not logged in to give exacts atm.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Pretty sure that one was 90/154/231

• How do you ever lose as runie with 100/164/241? :/
  • edited March 2014
    Memories of my Runewarden days with 2 245 unruned speed rapiers that Earionduil gave me for free, which still, surprisingly had 200+ months left on them...

Damn that was good... :(

• Ok so upon logging in I have 92/156/245 and 88/164/245, both empowered.

@Trey was right, heh.

@Anedhel who has 100/150/241? >.>

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Oh! I thought you meant the rapier Trey sold you was unruned. Still, how do you lose with a pair of 245's? You can literally just press the DSL button and kill most people :D
  • Because some people can lean on their doubleslash and kill you first. I remember being kind of sick and duelling Atalkez and suddenly realising I was low on health because I wasn't paying much attention. Seeing those stats explains why.
  • I want a lyre, just so I can see the barrier repel attacks every 1.7 seconds and laugh at the person trying so hard :(
  • Anedhel said:
    I want a lyre, just so I can see the barrier repel attacks every 1.7 seconds and laugh at the person trying so hard :(
    Barrier doesn't cause the attacker to lose eq or balance (I classleaded it to have a very small cost, but it was denied for some inexplicable reason), so instead all you get is the awesome, awesome spam of someone leaning on their attack hoping to hit you the moment your barrier drops.  What fun!
  • No balance loss on hitting prismatic barrier, you're going to see a lot more than an attack every 1.7 seconds.
  • Graysonne said:
    I'll pay 100 credits.
    One of my biggest pet peeves is people using the title of a thread (or the subject line on an email) as part of their sentance.

As far as I can see, you are paying 100 credits. So, here you go.
    One hundred credits, please.

or am I just being a nit-picker.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:

Graysonne said:

I'll pay 100 credits.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people using the title of a thread (or the subject line on an email) as part of their sentance.

As far as I can see, you are paying 100 credits. So, here you go.
    One hundred credits, please.

or am I just being a nit-picker.

For that, 89 credits. Depending on the stats. And yeah, sorry aboot that haha
  • Penwize said:

Anedhel said:

I want a lyre, just so I can see the barrier repel attacks every 1.7 seconds and laugh at the person trying so hard :(

Barrier doesn't cause the attacker to lose eq or balance (I classleaded it to have a very small cost, but it was denied for some inexplicable reason), so instead all you get is the awesome, awesome spam of someone leaning on their attack hoping to hit you the moment your barrier drops.  What fun!

It should be spammable.. it already allows you to wait for sip/moss/herb/focus balances and eat/sip/relyre. No reason to make it more OP. That's probably why it got rejected..