Change To Contracts / Marks

15678911»

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Nope, can only have a single contract on a target!
  • edited March 2014
    Then if a group of people attack me and then all hire, even though some of them may be the original target but the rest I would actually have rights to contract on, I would still be in the same position, or after each contract, another one is issued without any new or additional reason, the point still is raised

That point being an abuse of the current mark system which cannot be established until after the fact when it could be looked into before the fact.
  • Decan said:
    Then if a group of people attack me and then all hire, even though some of them may be the original target but the rest I would actually have rights to contract on, I would still be in the same position, or after each contract, another one is issued without any new or additional reason, the point still is raised

That point being an abuse of the current mark system which cannot be established until after the fact when it could be looked into before the fact.
    Instead of looking for hypothetical ways for people to screw you over I have an easier solution: Don't be a dick to other people and they won't have to hire on you.

• Draqoom said:
    Decan said:

Instead of looking for hypothetical ways for people to screw you over I have an easier solution: Don't be a dick to other people and they won't have to hire on you.
    If by hypothetical you mean actual, then... well no its actually happening. And two, you need to practice what you preach.

• Decan said:
    If by hypothetical you mean actual, then... well no its actually happening. And two, you need to practice what you preach.
    @Draqoom isn't the one complaining about people hiring, though???

His point still stands. Don't be a dick -> You won't get hired on.

• Maybe my fault for not reading the entire thread, but are you meant to see who hired when you successfully kill the Mark and cancel a contract on your head? I got a notification that I had successfully cancelled but no information on who hired recently, and that seems kind of weird. 
  • " GG, easy. "

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Rangor said:
    New system let me take a contract on Targossians and Hashani I normally wouldn't be fighting. Funfunfun.

Hey man, want to duel?

hmm, ok, sure!

OMG YOU HAD A CONTRACT ONE ME???

U got played mate.
    Hmm, will be wary of any invitations for tea from you moving forward.
  • If @Rangor ever invites you to tea, contracts or not, you very well should be wary.  Very wary.
  • Y'all have no sense of fun.

<3 Rangor.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    New mark system overhaul just for @bonko so he can finish my impending contracts please!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited March 2014
    I WANT A CONTRACT OMG

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You know, the easiest fix for this would to make the contracts not tick down while there's an open issue between the target and the mark.  Don't alert the target of the contract at all, of course, since that'd be a pretty easy and obnoxious way to game the system.
  • Why does there need to be a fix at all? It's really no different to them getting a Mark that's on a totally different schedule to the target, who doesn't have a veil when the target does, etc.

If people are that concerned that their actions are going to unfairly punish other people they can quit Mark or correct those actions.
  • I like it. So far I constantly had to reject contracts and explain why. Now I can just ignore them.