Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Sylvan Combat: How does it work?

2»

Comments

• XithXith Member Posts: 2,595 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:

Heartseed/Sylvan still fine though. It's just in the spotlight now for some reason cause Lothiac, when Monks and Magi have had better damage output for years.
    ftfy

Yeah I haven't fought them as Magi but as jester it went:
    1. Ouch thornrend
    2. Ouch bees
    3. Trip on vines or something
    4. Ouch dead

The heartseed never got me though, I just diagnosed every time I saw the word "torso" or "chest".
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • ShecksShecks Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Eld oh.  Yeah, agreed, most of those uses were pretty dumb (and unintended).  That's not what @Jovolo was talking about though.
    "Ignore the boos.  They usually come from the cheap seats."
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2014
    Shecks said:
    @Eld oh.  Yeah, agreed, most of those uses were pretty dumb (and unintended).  That's not what @Jovolo was talking about though.
    Ah, I hadn't been able to find any mention of it in the thread, so just took a guess at what you were responding to. Looks like he was just saying that artied serp isn't doing badly offensively (which seems to be a fair statement), not that there's anything particularly ridiculous about Thoth's Fang as an artie weapon for serpents.
    Jovolo
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,807 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:

Yeah I haven't fought them as Magi but as jester it went:
    1. Ouch thornrend
    2. Ouch bees
    3. Trip on vines or something
    4. Ouch dead
    Jester is the most frail class, without competition. I don't think they have a single damage resistance ability anywhere in their kit. They make up for this with insane active hindering, mobility, and the ratchet momentum of fashioning that allows them to hit and run. You may as well just damage them out, because any effort at affliction prep is going to be interrupted by hangedman/somersault/balloon/mangle/etc.
    XithDartega
  • XithXith Member Posts: 2,595 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah but a nice sip ring/bracelet combo plus priestess looping... Yum. Have to actively change scale mail depending on your opponent. But dex is where it's at. Avoid the damage altogether.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
2»
Sign In to Comment.