Vitality Rings

Is there some calculation to how well these work? Are they worth the cred? Thinking about getting the level 1 as I can't afford the level 2

Comments

• I would not bother with a level 1 personally. They make almost no difference at all.
  • edited February 2014
    Level 1/2/3 health regen is 2%/5%/8% of your max health every 10 seconds. Berkana also adds 1 level of health regen.

Level 1 isn't great, but it's also the cheapest defensive artefact, so it might be worth getting if you really need just a little extra defence. I'd recommend waiting until you have 500 credits though, there are several better defensive artefacts to choose from then.
  • Thanks guys!
  • Health regen is friggin awesome, even level 1 (considering how cheap it is).

Like the Con stat, it isn't really about that 250/300 you get, it's about how it all totals up.  Each little bit helps, and ya gotta start somewhere.  It's a nice step to the also relatively cheap level 2 regen ring, which is a really great thing to have even early on in your artefact collection.
  • I bought the vitality ring fairly early on, but I purchased it with the artifact packages sale that IRE was having at the time (so I purchased something like the hunter's belt, the vitality ring, and possibly one other artifact, all at once).

I went on later to buy the Mayan ring, which I would definitely highly recommend purchasing before the vitality ring if credits permit. (Mayan ring is +hp sip bonus.)

I also have a lvl 1 mana regen ring. I would prefer to upgrade to lvl 2, but I'm a big believer in something is better than nothing. But that is just my experience.
    But gosh darn it, if there do exist some people who just can't handle the uniqueness of your snowflake...
    - Mathonwy

• Also, a lvl 1 is fine, since you don't lose anything if you want to do a direct upgrade later
  • Sip ring > regen ring, but regen ring > nothing

Save for the sip, get that first if you have the patience
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    If you don't have any defensive arties at all, get a Shield of Absorption first. Especially since you're serpent and probably dex spec'd. It will probably be a much better choice early on - as you can always get sip/regen later.
  • Strata said:

If you don't have any defensive arties at all, get a Shield of Absorption first. Especially since you're serpent and probably dex spec'd. It will probably be a much better choice early on - as you can always get sip/regen later.

SoA is still my best investment