New options for King of the Hill

I was thinking about a few tweaks/new options to King of the Hill to make it more enjoyable and less gimmicky. Here they are, with reasons and everything!

1. Option of enforced grace for (configurable) minutes. 

Why? So people don't just renounce grace and rush to grab the flag. That makes killing them kind of meaningless, and switches the emphasis to just hindering to prevent uproot. Which is okay, but frustrating, so an option for something else would be great. I don't imagine this would be too difficult to put in, but it could be more difficult than anything else, so if it is possible, it would be nice. If not, some other alternative would be great. Maybe putting people in a room after they die for (configurable) minutes?

2. Option of multiple hills and multiple flags.

This makes larger king of the hills way more attractive and makes the game more reminiscent of CTFs. One of my fondest memories of the last CTF was running around uprooting different Ashtan flags to split their forces up and plant, getting just 3 points ahead. That was a blast, and it was less of a "mass up and win" sort of thing. That sort of game would be amazing to have - but some people do like normal KOTHs, so again, an option. I'm not sure what's feasible, maybe 5 flags/hills max? I'm not sure how possible this would be. If at all reasonable, it would be great to have.

That's all!

i'm a rebel

Comments

• Mandatory grace/Being sent to a safe room/Something to keep people out of the fight for at least 60 seconds -definitely- needs to be implemented. The primary strategy to win a KotH right now is: no eq/balance defs, renounce grace as soon as you die, run and get the flag/fight. It gets ridiculously old.  It's not fun for the person that dies, or for the people that kills them. You focus down one person at the start to kill the flag, but they can pick up the flag again within like 8 seconds at most of dying, or be back in the fight in the same time period. Less time, really. Renounce grace is about 4 seconds, then you just earring back in. So the person you kill will be back and fighting 5 seconds after they die.

• I mean, undeffed people are kinda easy to rekill so I'm not sure I follow...
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Not even remotely true. You can put up all balanceless defs and be back in the fight within 5-10 seconds everytime, repeating that over the course of the entire KotH. The person comes back with full offensive capability and slightly decreased defense, but it doesn't matter if they're slightly easy to kill again due to this, because they can be back every 5-10 seconds.

• Maybe your team loses 5 points when you die? And 10 points if you've died in the past 2 minutes?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.