Buying Harbour Slips

ZincorZincor USA
edited February 2014 in The Golden Dais of Creation
I think it would be a neat idea to be able to purchase a space in an existing man-made harbour.  For example, I really enjoy the placement of an existing man-made harbour, but it only has x amount of spaces, which fills up frequently.  I am thinking something along the lines of being able to purchase an additional slip space, maybe at the cost of credits comparable to that of a house credit in subdivisions.  Purchasing a slip in a harbour would also allow you to not have to pay docking fees in that harbour, since you had already purchased the slip outright.  I feel that city harbours, Tasur'ke, Shastaan, and Thraasi should not be included in being able to buy slips, since they are the ones that in the case of cities, would be affected by city enemy status and security issues, and the other harbours since the trade deals, merchants, and ship purchasing/building go on there. 

Edit:  I choose only man-made harbours for this, since natural harbours are only naturally so big that they can only accommodate a certain number of ships due to the size of the harbour.  Man-made harbours are obviously constructed, so they can be built to be bigger in theory.

Comments

• If there's a consistent issue of size, the admins have usually been decent about just enlarging the harbours that need it. Stop giving them ideas to make money off us when they've been doing this for free for years.

• Honestly, with @zincor's suggestion of it being equivelent to 1 or 2 Room Credits, That seems fair for being able to always know you will have a spot available in your favourite harbour. I'd certainly purchase one.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The point of limited space is to make it so that not everyone can be in the same harbor. If they implement this, it would basically be the same as making the space unlimited, since everyone and their mother will buy one. 

Honestly, just sail to some other place.
    In other words, no.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I could see where this would take the fun out of that, haha.