Memorable quotes

Comments

• You're all missing the point, still. Peak retrieves bodies from inside Ashtan while Ashtan is raiding Shallam too.

However, I'd be 100% fine with Tanris killing non-com priest X for laying rites and then going to sit inside on a guard stack. (Even disregarding the fact that he could astral in, have a monk/runie travel to him, and kill X with little trouble during the raid.)

• The problem isn't that Peak is dying for snatching bodies, it's that he got hired on for it. If you want to kill someone for participating in a raid in such a manner, an argument can definitely be made for why that's justified. But you do not have cause, either strictly in regards to PK laws, or just following common sense, to put out a champion/assassin on the person. Either deal with it yourself, or let it go.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • I'd like to know how Peak is supposed to know whether any body he may or may not get, is on which side. Last I checked, falcons don't IH. But not in this thread, because whatever your* answer is, it's not a quote and is therefore off topic.

Vayne says in a quiet, muffled voice, "I am almost 200."

You say to Vayne, "Yep."

Vayne says in a quiet, muffled voice, "I do not like that."

You say, "What?"

You say, "Oh, age thing?"

You say, "Why?"

You say to Vayne, "Did you not earn your years?"

Vayne says in a quiet, muffled voice, "I suppose."

*whoever reads this first and cares to answer

Yes, a purple log. :P

Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Cahin says, "Deathsight."

• Sohl said:
    The problem isn't that Peak is dying for snatching bodies, it's that he got hired on for it. If you want to kill someone for participating in a raid in such a manner, an argument can definitely be made for why that's justified. But you do not have cause, either strictly in regards to PK laws, or just following common sense, to put out a champion/assassin on the person. Either deal with it yourself, or let it go.
    According to historical issues, you do get PK on someone who takes the body of someone you personally just killed (as in you got the killing blow).

Hiring on Peak for doing this is dumb, but it is more dumb that Peak sits inside Ashtan 100% of the time and doesn't participate in any actual raiding, and complains when he is killed for it. I can imagine being very frustrated that I (or whoever else who doesn't have the capability of infiltrating a city to kill someone) couldn't go kill him for it, so hiring someone who has a chance of doing it is a logical step in making Peak suffer the consequences of what he's doing.

And Tanris, your comparisons are a bit off. If someone from Shallam was going around to Ashtan/around Ashtan and laying rites and then jumping on a ship to afk or sitting in an inside guarded room shielded/etc, then sure, go kill them. But if you are instigating the fight and raiding and someone uses their abilities to attack you and then goes inside Shallam - that's an entirely different situation. You started the fight and should deal with what is thrown at you.

• I take bodies in Cyrene raids sometimes.

Not that it's too relevant, but thank god I don't get caught.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I quite agree, Cooper. Achilles was the instigator in this instance. Peak should expect to be killed for doing this when he does it in raids against Shallam, but this was not a raid against Shallam. I found my comparrisons to be quite apt.
  • Peak doesn't just do it when Shallam raids Ashtan. He had done it quite a bit before that raid and a lot after, when Ashtan was raiding Shallam. Whenever the hirings came out is sort of irrelevant, but I did say hiring in that specific case was dumb.

• Hiring over this is dumb without question. If he were to kill me a time or two when I'm hunting (believe it or not, I do. I have the arties to prove it) I'd do something like "Curse you!!!!" then go back to hunting.
  • Why doesn't Shallam just do it back? It's not like this is faction specific.

• Eschilde and I used to utilize our falcons when we were defending from raids, I don't know if anyone does now. It's pretty lame though and is a broken mechanic.

• It's neither lame nor broken. Bodies are a battlefield convenience, not a necessity.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't even know if the command was sent, since the connection was bad and I've been throwed out. But if had been sent, should appear this:

You tell Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord, "Get out of this cave! You are powerful! You can destroy a half of the Achaea and you sit there like a weak old man. Come on! Let's dominate the world!"

ps.: I was drunk.

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

• Achilles said:
    Lies about me jumping you.  The only time I can remember jumping anyone was Mizik and someone else in Annwyn with Naisar.  We got Mizik and then Tanris and someone else show up and crushed us (well me, Naisar got away).
    Liar! I was AFK in UW and come back to soul D:
  • Sohl said:
    It's neither lame nor broken. Bodies are a battlefield convenience, not a necessity.
    That is bad logic. Falcons are unable to deliver heavy objects, or even large objects, yet can pick up bodies that would weigh hundreds of pounds with armor/etc.

And yes, hiding in a city safe from harm and using your falcon to steal as many bodies as you can is lame.

• An argument can be made for that, yes, but that actual ability to falcon retrieve bodies is not.
  • Make corpses unretrievable by falcons, problem solved >.<

• Yeah, you can't falcon deliver armour, so you shouldn't be able to have it carry a corpse.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• can you put armour in a letter?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Mizik said:
    Achilles said:
    Lies about me jumping you.  The only time I can remember jumping anyone was Mizik and someone else in Annwyn with Naisar.  We got Mizik and then Tanris and someone else show up and crushed us (well me, Naisar got away).
    Liar! I was AFK in UW and come back to soul D:
    Actually thinking back it was in Annwyn, you were afk bashing following someone else (I think Sohl?).  I just remember you kept trying to kill Sidhe as we were killing you.  Serves you right!
  • Best time (read: only time) I've ever ganked someone ever was when Sohl was bashing in Annwyn -- he tried to take on Vakvyr and me after we jumped him and we killed him twice in dragonform.

Then a few days later he came and handed my ass to me in the Underworld. I learned to put up speed defense in basic combat mode after that day!
  • I remember those fights, was a lot of fun. :D
  • Vasool said:
    can you put armour in a letter?
    Yes, you can. Bit silly really. I've delivered people letters with five sets of armour in them before.

• edited September 2012
    Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong on how it works, but that seems exceedingly cheap if you can sit anywhere and just 'falcon retrieve (guy i just saw eat it on deathsight)'.
  • edited September 2012
    How many pounds can your canvas backpack carry?
    Cooper said:
    Sohl said:
    It's neither lame nor broken. Bodies are a battlefield convenience, not a necessity.
    That is bad logic. Falcons are unable to deliver heavy objects, or even large objects, yet can pick up bodies that would weigh hundreds of pounds with armor/etc.

And yes, hiding in a city safe from harm and using your falcon to steal as many bodies as you can is lame.
    How many pounds of inventory do you carry? I, personally, have carried 400 suits of scalemail, 30 sets of fieldplate, 1 set of fullplate, 60 suits of chainmail, and an assortment of weapons all at the same time. Either I am Achaea's strongest, or there is a magical something about weight in Achaea.

You're not mad that it's "a broken mechanic (it's not), you're mad that I do it better than anyone on your side ever has.

Besides, I expect to be killed every now and again for this. It's happened before, I'm sure it'll happen again. There's no real "PK cause" behind it, but I'm not going to issue anyone for killing me after I piss them off. 
  • The amount you carry has long been decided to be written off as a necessary mechanic we need to ignore.

However, falcons retrieving bodies is not necessary at all, and since there are limits on what weight falcons can carry elsewhere, why not this?

• Peak, while your falcon was busy fetching bodies it -could- have been fetching that Keresis doll from Ashtan's gates so I never had to see it.
    I'm never going to forgive you.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited September 2012
    @Peak is making me like him less and less every time he posts. At first his attitude was endearing, but now he's starting to sound a bit like Salik.

Guess I shoulda put this in rants, but it's because of the quotes thread, so yeah.
  • Peak said:
    How many pounds can your canvas backpack carry?
    Cooper said:
    Sohl said:

You're not mad that it's "a broken mechanic (it's not), you're mad that I do it better than anyone on your side ever has.

Considering I don't even play right now (other than to login to chat to some people, MAYBE defend for 5-10 minutes if there is a raid going on, etc), I don't really care how good you do it or what side you're on.